This is the site feedback/questions section

Dark0ne

I never implied any such thing Oubliette. I was just curious as to the stance of the site regarding that. Seeing as they are volunteers and were members first it's really a non issue at all. :wink:

Why are moderators allowed to endorse images and mods? I don't think it's very professional for the Nexus to allow that kind of thing. While someone is an active moderator or member of the staff shouldn't they have to support all files/images posted to the Nexus equally? Just curious is all.

The Moderators here on the Nexus are just fellow gamers who were willing to contribute to the Community.

Dark0ne, (usually on the recommendation of others who were already volunteering as Moderators) asked if we'd take on more responsibility for maintaining the site(s), and we agreed.

But in addition to our Staff duties, we actively play the games, use mod for the games, create mods for the games, and otherwise behave as regular members. :thumbsup:

(I made the donation and became a Lifetime Member after becoming Moderator. Dark0ne said that wasn't necessary. I said, "Au contraire." :cool: )

I never implied any such thing Oubliette. I was just curious as to the stance of the site regarding that. Seeing as they are volunteers and were members first it's really a non issue at all. :wink:

Yeah, you kind of did.

Why are moderators allowed to endorse images and mods? I don't think it's very professional for the Nexus to allow that kind of thing. While someone is an active moderator or member of the staff shouldn't they have to support all files/images posted to the Nexus equally? Just curious is all.

The highlighted portion implies just that.

Edited by Oubliette

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if its Firefox browser or Your Site bu I keep getting non responsive pages and errors like this.

Script Error or Non Responsive Script: https://secure-ds.serving-sys.…urstingScript/SZMKFLVPAIDBR.js:17

By the way I noticed no problems since I got into the Forums.

I believe that one or more ads may have bad script/scripts in them

Edited by BaseTX

Thanks for ignoring my post a few pages back.

When you donate to a mod author because you like their mod, something I get continual pop ups for when ever I come to this site, they will see your REAL NAME AND ADDRESS.

Please include a warning somewhere I'm sure I'm not the only one who is disturbed by this.

Edited by amakachao

When you donate to a mod author because you like their mod, something I get continual pop ups for when ever I come to this site, they will see your REAL NAME AND ADDRESS.

Please include a warning somewhere I'm sure I'm not the only one who is disturbed by this.

Wow. Good to know.

For what it's worth, your question should have better been directed towards PayPal, as it's not the Nexus' doing, you likely didn't even give the Nexus these details to begin with, but only Paypal's, and you likely didn't receive an answer on here, because why would anybody on here know?

I for one don't use PayPal, so I did not know. Others might have known, but didn't think it's their place to answer in PayPal's stead. Perhaps there even is an option at PayPal to turn this off, I for one won't know.

Should the site put up a warning, to warn about PayPal's practices, in PayPal's place? Why doesn't PayPal put up this warning instead? Or maybe they even already did, in their terms or documentation or anywhere?

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but a verify email for email address changes should go to the old email address for obvious reasons. At least let someone know if their account was hacked and the email changed.

The verify email must of course go to the "new" email address by all means, as it's meant to "verify" the new address, not the old. However, I agree, some sort of 2-factor authentication for as crucial account changes as email address or password might be a good idea.

Emails getting changed on a hacked account is a really rare occasion, I for one haven't ever heard of it so far, there's way more other things that hackers do with them than that, so maybe it's also a non-issue to begin with. But as they're already in the process of reworking the site's security measures anyways, they're likely open to any and all suggestions.