This is the site feedback/questions section

Dark0ne

Posted (edited)

Speaking of the newly updated profile pages, I've been meaning to ask: What happened to the banner image that was previously there? It's displayed on my forum profile page. Has this been discussed at some point? If so, I apologize if I'm out of the loop. I remember it vanished during the beta and I thought maybe it will return when the beta ends. So, is it going to remain a huge empty space? I don't even see a way to upload one. Or was that only available from your forum profile?

And I also have some feedback. I'm liking the updated forum post editor! To the person responsible, go buy yourself an ice cream.

Edited by UsernameWithA9
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, guys, I think that you should place some kind of gentle reminder on the Modding General, Mod Troubleshooting, and Mod Ideas forums that one should state or tag their post with the game that they are inquiring about.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

To the admins, you might want to check my Personality Idles 4 mod page. It looks like a bot might be involved, as the downloads are significantly higher than the views. On the main page under the version, it shows over 13,500 downloads, but when you click on files, it says 5,100 downloads. Views are just over 11,500. Not sure if I'm reading it right.

8 hours ago, Daisy785 said:

Hello Everyone,

To the admins, you might want to check my Personality Idles 4 mod page. It looks like a bot might be involved, as the downloads are significantly higher than the views. On the main page under the version, it shows over 13,500 downloads, but when you click on files, it says 5,100 downloads. Views are just over 11,500. Not sure if I'm reading it right.

Is your mod part of a popular collection?  I haven't used collections myself, so I don't know if mod page views happen when installing one.

• 3 weeks later...

Why does the image crop tool require canvas fingerprinting? Not only is that unique to Nexus specifically in my own experience, it's just strange and erodes trust between the site and the user (regardless of whether Nexus is actually collecting data/fingerprinting/etc or not; people will still perceive this as shady, such as myself)

• 2 weeks later...

HI! It used to be possible to keep track of comments you made on nexus mod pages through the threads here on the forums. Is there still a feature on the site showing some kind of comment/posting history?

• 2 weeks later...

Suggestion: Make the site entirely free to use again by removing the download speed cap for free users.

I honestly don't understand how the decision to give free users an EXTREMELY slow download speed didn't kill the website and the community. For those that I knew from back in the day (including myself) Nexus Mods is already Dead. Bring back the good old days and offer good incentives for premium not extremely scummy incentives.

Yeah limited download speed for those that block ads. But free users who don't block ads? Keep it unlimited. Have some dignity...

I am downloading a mod for ME2 LE. 4GB download and I am capped at 1.5mb/s even though I have ads on. It has taken 20 minutes so far to download this mod and it says I still have another 30 minutes. This isn't making me want to buy premium. This is making me want to find a way to completely get around the download speed problem by using scripts. It makes me never want to come back to this website ever again. And it makes me not want to upload any mods I make to this website. And sooner or later other users (that don't have lifetime premium) will wake up and see this too and how scummy of a practice this is.

It is expensive to run a website. I know. But there are better non-scummy ways to make the money to pay for it. And limiting download speed FOR A MOD WEBSITE just shows how little you care about the community that keeps your bills paid.

I do hope that this site gets fixed eventually. But until then I won't be coming back. I will be using other sites such as CurseForge to get my mods when available.