This is the site feedback/questions section

Dark0ne

Guys you can for a limited time. Go read the news thread for that.

With that said i like the new look. I think it needs a few tweaks here and there but over all is great. Will take a little to get used to though.

One suggestion though is to move the tiles drop down menu to the left side instead of the right. I think it will work better that way as currently i keep accidently passing over it and choosing options when i dont want to.

I cannot seem to be able to add brackets in the title of my mods, even though the error that pops up when adding a bracket character says the following: The file name can only contain letters, numbers, spaces, brackets, periods, hyphens " - " and underscores " _ "

Could you guys fix this problem, please? Or maybe the brackets in a mod's title are not supported at all and the error message is outdated?

I would like to suggest that there should be a search function in Tracking Centre, going through 6 pages just to find a guy that I'm tracking is pretty hideous or if there is one, feel free to clarify this. I'm still not familiar enough with some of the site function anyway.

@Dark0ne - Site feature request - Version Compatibility List.

This relates mostly to the Bethesda games but may be applicable to other games too. I've played Oblivion, Skyrim, Skyrim SE, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, and I recently began playing Fallout 4 for the first time. As usually happens when a new game comes out there is a flurry of new mods. Then the inevitable game update comes out. Many mod authors will update their mod if the new update requires it. Then the next game update comes out. And the next. And the next. Over a period of a few months many mod authors have finished playing the game and the mod gets abandoned. They may not have updated it since version 1.2 of a game came out. Fast forward a year or so later and the game version is now at 1.15 or something. The mod you are interested in has not been updated in over a year. Will it work with your game?

It would be nice to have a tab or a drop down list that both the mod author and the members have some control over. The version list would have to be generated by Nexus and be global for all mods for that given game. The mod author can tick the box for compatible versions and lock it. If a new version of the game comes out Nexus adds the new version number to the global list and the mod author would have say 30 days to check it and lock it. During this period "Pending" could be shown. If the mod author has not done so after 30 days, it gets opened up to members to "vote" YES or NO for that particular game version with a vote tally listed, and only one vote allowed per member. If a new game version comes out, the last version gets locked and we return to the "Pending" state for another 30 days so the process starts over. For the mods that claim to be "version independent" (is there really such a thing?) there could be a check box for "Version Independent" that would override the versioning system. The list could look something like this:

VERSION  YES   NO
1.0      [X]  [ ] - Locked
1.1.10   [X]  [ ] - Locked
1.2.25   [X]  [ ] - Locked
1.4.38   [X]  [ ] - Locked
1.7.42   [X]  [ ] - Locked
1.9.45   [X]  [ ] - Locked
1.10.50  ( )  ( ) - Yes=1,023  No=35
1.11.55  [ ]  [ ] - Pending

Or perhaps reverse the order with the newest version at the top.

Does any of that make any sense at all? :D

I find it very frustrating when starting a new game, like I am now with FO4, looking for really great mods only to find that some that I am interested in haven't been updated for a year or more. I think FO4 has been updated at least 3 times in that last year and the last update (1.10.50) broke quite a few mods from what I've read. This Version Compatibility List I am proposing could be a benefit to a lot of members who, like me, are playing a game for the first time a couple of years (or more!) after the game's initial release. This information is sometimes covered in the posts or forum sections but often I see "Is this compatible with game version x.xx?" go unanswered. And who the hell wants to read through 5 to 50 pages of posts to find this information if it even exists?

Comments?

Edited by RedWagnum

I got a notification about a reply to one of my watched topics about a post made today @6AM, but when I go there, nothing new is there just the same posts from back in September. Does that mean they got their post deleted by the moderators or possible forum bug?

It looked like this(Didn't include name in case they did get moderated)
User replied to About making Snap N' Build available again

Today, 6:53AM

I got a notification about a reply to one of my watched topics about a post made today @6AM, but when I go there, nothing new is there just the same posts from back in September. Does that mean they got their post deleted by the moderators or possible forum bug?

It looked like this(Didn't include name in case they did get moderated)

User replied to About making Snap N' Build available again

Today, 6:53AM

Someone posted, I hid the comment. Was little more than an angry rant that didn't serve any useful purpose.