This is the site feedback/questions section

Dark0ne

Hi!

Can't upload. I created my placeholder for the file, and tried to upload the stuff a few times last night.

Then I tried a few minutes ago. Always returns with some sort of timeout error..

File isn't a multipart, it only 140MB in size.

What can I do?

EDIT: Issue only appeared with Firefox. I was able to upload under IE, but the progress meter still not working.

Edited by varlaisaran

There seems to be no prompt that you could only type a limited amount of characters in the post title form, and that if it goes over that, it will be cut off when posted. Also, the message box should only allow a limited number of characters (to prevent cut-offs).

Ex: A post of mine here had its title cut off. When I was typing the title of this post, I got no prompts nor did the form stop accepting new characters when I typed over the limit: http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?showtopic=428218

What's worse is I can't edit the topic title or the topic description to make the title more fitting to a limited character set.

Just stopped by to say I think the new site design is great. Too many improvements in functionality to mention individually! The standout new feature for me is the change in endorsements. I think "Endorse Me"/"Unendorse Me" is perfect. Kudos to Dark One and all the staff.

motseer

HI I like the sites new look but when i go and click on a mod it loads to the next page, but i cant click download, description, files,comment, because when i do nothing happens and the page wont show the mods description. I am currently using Fire Fox as my web browser. I also tried updating java disabling all my addon's, extensions and plugins for fire fox but nothing works other than that i love the new look.

New site is great and many of my initial issues have been addressed beautifully - thank you.

I have one last issue (or suggestion) that will really make a difference to my experience on the site:.

Is it possible to enable the "Open in new tab" when I right-click on...

1. An Image (in the View Images listing as well as the Images tab for file entries)

2. New Today

Many thanks for considering

I feel bad for having this opinion, because it looks like a lot of work went into the nexus network page redesign.

But I think that it's become way too cluttered with "web2.0" items, such as large colorful buttons and bright bubbly banners. I run the site on the Chrome browser, on a pretty beefy gaming rig, and the site is quite slow to navigate/scroll through. All of the objects on the screen that should be simple "this is this" and "that is that" are large, obnoxious, and in-your-face. Who knows... maybe I'm getting old, but I feel that simple textual headers are perfectly functional and easy to use. The page in general feels too... loud. I really enjoyed the old design/layout.

One technical issue I seem to be experiencing: when I open a mod file page to view it, and click on one of the thumbnail images to enlarge, it zooms in, surely, but there's no option to make it full-size. Are there perhaps compatibility issues with the Chrome browser? Because with the poor scrolling performance (takes a good long while to scroll up/down through the pages, low frame rate for a web page on a gaming rig), the obnoxious banners and buttons, I'm finding the site almost unusable.

I do appreciate the efforts people put into this network, it's one of my favorite things on this earth! But I think we need to dial back a bit on the page design.

For each mod, there are "Endorse me" and "Vote for me" buttons. When you're checking your own mods' pages, these buttons simply report that they do nothing. Could it be made that the former one, when clicked on your own mod's page, returned the list of who and when endorsed your mod?

Oh, and the same thing applies to "kudos" here on the forum. The "+" is highlighted in your own profile as if suggesting that it does something useful. If you click on it, though, you'll be informed that, of course, you can't give kudos to yourself. What's the point then? Either make it inactive, or make it *do* something useful - show a list of those who kudo-ed you.

Edited by KillerBeer