This is the site feedback/questions section

Dark0ne

Suggestion / request

Would it be at all possible to add a " my comments " function to the mod comments threads ? ( not watch topic or track a file )

I don't know if others would find it useful or the work involved or the load it will add to the servers but I thought I would throw it out into the ether .

Well, if I got you right, this is already possible, or at least to an extent.

I just got to your profile, clicked "find my content" on the left and got all topics you posted in. Changing the filter bar to show only your actual posts gets us pretty close to "your comments" already. The only thing missing would be maybe a way to filter those results to only show official comments topics or maybe even only for a certain game, any way to further filter those results to forums or subforums would help getting exactly what you desire. But for the time being it helps to have this list already anyways.

Hey, sorry if this was already answered but I couldn't find an answer when searching this topic.

Whenever I try to download something, it skips the server choosing list and immediately makes me download a file. Sometimes a fileserver doesn't work, but I can't even choose another on the file because the page reloads so fast. How can I change a server?

Choosing servers is only needed on larger files. Small ones download so fast it really doesn't matter which server is used. You could take 10 seconds to decide which server to use for a file that would take just 3 seconds to DL from the worst server. The system tries to use the server closest to you for the small files. But sometimes it gets it wrong - especially if you use a proxy.

When you click on download, the site - for some obscure reason - assumes you actually want to download that file now and does it.

For large files that may take a while, it allows you to choose. As one server may be loaded down (look at the number of users at that time to see) and one further away may be a better choice for you.

Hi there, I seem to be having a bit of a problem downloading files from the Nexus as of late.

Had to get a new Laptop as my old one was bugging out quite a bit, Installed steam and my FNV, Now I'm trying to get my mods downloaded again but 80% of the time I'm getting 'File does not exist' from the servers.

As an example, I cannot get any Project Nevada files or any WMX Files, I did manage to get one of the AWOP files.

I Have tried both the NMM and doing it manually, but nothing seems to be working. I have dropped my internet security to nothing while I try, and that's not helping either.

Any ideas on whats going on, and what I can do to fix it?

EDIT:::

I Have pretty much worked this out now. Don't know If it's been brought up before, but there does seem to be a big problem with the way the Nexus deals with Firefox, Chrome, and Opera. Since I generally use these three browser interchangeably I thought it was a problem with the Servers or my PC, but no, Its the darned code somewhere.

Internet Explorer can download any file, 100% of the time no matter what, while trying to download the same file at the same time on any of the other browsers can result in massive failure. Bummer that.

Hope that's of help or whatnot. Been wondering why my London and Kent Servers don't work no more.

NYTE.

Edited by Nytmare

The image sorting feature doesn't work at all. You can mark which categories you want to search for but how do I search? There is no button. When you fix it I think you should add a search box as well.

I know you said you were working on the mod tracking issue, Just figured I'd let you know that a lot of the mods in my 'Downloads this month' list, are not in my 'Complete history' list.

Also while the actual page loaded is different, the title says 'Downloads this month' on both.

Sorry if this has already been requested, but it would be very nice if our log ins carried over from the Nexus sites to the Forums, and vice versa, like it does from Nexus site to site. Thank you.

There seems to be a problem with the drop-down menus not functioning on SkyrimNexus. Currently I'm using Opera 11.61; the problem does not appear on Firefox (10.0.2) or Chrome (latest version). OS is Win7 SP1 x64