This is the site feedback/questions section

Dark0ne

I see Modders can Lock their Own Thread when their Mod has been Released with a Discussion Topic about the Mod.

Now as im No Modder and i make some Random Thread on the Forum Site, please Allow us to Lock our Threads aswell.

Edited by daventry

Using the new website interface, the buttons on the mod/file page are unresponsive. Example: I can search for a mod, click on it and find myself on the About screen as per usual. But when I click on the Files/Comments/etc buttons nothing happens.

EDIT: Nevermind, it seems to be working now.

Edited by TeutonicThrash

I'd just like to say, the new search function is less useful than before.

Admittedly, the search by author is a useful addition but needing the exact filename makes the search by file almost useless to me unless I look it up on actual Google 1st.

and that gimes me the link to the page there, its Google.

A search by keyword function would be better in my oppinion.

• 2 weeks later...

As a modder, small time, I would like to be able to REPLACE a mod file without having to re-input all the mod info again there by avoiding multiple files on one page, any changes to the mod will be noted in the change log along with a new version number. I find it tedious to put up a very minor change to the mod and have to treat it like it's a entirely new one. would it be possibel to have a "replace file" button / function?

Skinripper

Here's an idea:

(btw, I'm probably reinventing the wheel here, hope it's not the case)

Would you consider letting users upload their load order with a simple evaluation of how this collection of mods 'behaves' and perhaps a separate description/comments?

This would be targeted in the beginning at people with 'rock solid' load orders - their input would create a database of stable mod collections.

This could be then expanded to any mod collections - you would see some stats for each load order:

- what % of users have no problems with this load order

- how many users use/have used this load order

- comments on what issues they found when using this load order/mod collection

*Obviously there are more identical mod collections used than there are load orders of the same collection. I alternate the two terms but in fact this would probably have to be mod collections primarily with an option to process the exact load order.

I see this as a variation of the www.hijackthis.de system. In case you're not familiar with it:

It's a community based evaluation site used to determine the 'maliciousness' of all processes running on your system. You upload a txt file and you get an online evaluation of each and every process. This evaluation is based on user-provided feedback with a simple scoring system and optionally a short description from the contributing user.

The difference here would be that it's not individual mods that would be evaluated but the entire collection or even a particular load order (maybe 2 separate options).

What I can imagine is that a user makes a selection of mods (making a virtual list online or directly uploading their mod list through NMM) and this collection gets a score based on previous community input.

This would allow users to:

-first, upload their current mod list

-check that it's 'bullet-proof'

-add a mod to the list

-check if it's still as stable as before, and if not, then ~what % of users experience issues with it.

There could be an option to get feedback about collections that are larger but include every mod that I want to use.

You could add more criteria to these lists such as skyrim version, system, minimum graphics card etc. all info provided by users.

I probably make it sound too simple and in reality it would obviously be a complicated, time-consuming, resource-devouring endeavor.

I believe that it's also a question of providing an interface and after that you could use the power of the numbers that the nexus users make. I'm also sure that I only scratched the surface of both the issues that would arise and the possibilities of such a concept.

Anyway, thought it could be interesting.

cheers

As a modder, small time, I would like to be able to REPLACE a mod file without having to re-input all the mod info again there by avoiding multiple files on one page, any changes to the mod will be noted in the change log along with a new version number. I find it tedious to put up a very minor change to the mod and have to treat it like it's a entirely new one. would it be possibel to have a "replace file" button / function?

Skinripper

Yes, this is totally the way the Nexus is already designed to work.

If you go to "Manage Your Files", choose the "Files" link for the mod in question, then the "Add Files" green button on the upper-right, you'll get this window:

http://dragonage.nexusmods.com/images/1678793-1363719367.png

If you leave the "Category" as "Main File", (you should of course update the version number) and check the "latest version" box will automatically replace the main file and move the previous one to the "Old Files" category.

Hope this helps! :thumbsup: