This is the site feedback/questions section

Dark0ne

So, I guess this isn't the BIGGEST deal, but whenever I try to go to 'http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/' page 404s/"No site configured at this address". It seems like all other parts of the site still work (Top Files, View Images, search function, etc., etc. ) But you have to get to the website from searching one of those tertiary pages.

Thought it was worth mentioning since I can not find this mentioned anywhere.

Please consider adding two very visible fields near the mod summary info on every mod description page:

Mod initially written based on Skyrim Version: ______

Latest Skyrim Version tested as compatible: ______

Or something very close. You get the drift. It is getting very painful trying to figure this out. It will also be a very clear indication of degree of upkeep by the authors. These fields could be inked to NMM.

Thanks.

Dark0ne, have you thought about creating a Sim City 4 or a Minecraft Nexus? Both of those games already have a very large modding community and a few good sites but nothing as organized as the Nexus is with other games. Minecraft especially is lacking a proper mod site and at the moment the official site for mods is the minecraft forums. Maybe the devs would be interested in making the Nexus the official site like Obsidian has with Project Eternity?

I know this won't be a high priority, but it's just a little thing I noticed about the Profile section.

There's two spots for Gender, one in the "About Me" section, which has the options of Male, Female, and Not Telling. While the second one, in the "Previous Fields" section only has the options of Male or Female. Just thought having that third option there as well would be nice. Or something like that.

Anyways, great site so far, and no complaints, everything's pretty easy to navigate and figure out, and I definitely like the Underground theme. If I notice anything random or think of a decent suggestion I'll be sure to pop in here again :)

Well there's one improvement i have in mind, its the fact that there is no "DISABLE ALL MODS" button on the nexus mod manager. There would be less problems for people who would want to start all over and redo the mods.

If that can happen that would be great :biggrin:

Edited by deadriser63

Is there a way, or will there be a way to sort files from uploaders, to sort uploaded files by date or by version number? (i.e. newest-oldest, oldest-newest)

Say for instance I wanted to update what I have installed in my game to the latest version, but the mod creator has something like 50 or more files on their page,

and the latest version is like 20th on the list... and rather than having to look through each and every one to find the newest date/version number... it would be

REALLY NICE to be able to sort the order somehow...

Is there a way, or will there be a way to sort files from uploaders, to sort uploaded files by date or by version number? (i.e. newest-oldest, oldest-newest)

Say for instance I wanted to update what I have installed in my game to the latest version, but the mod creator has something like 50 or more files on their page,

and the latest version is like 20th on the list... and rather than having to look through each and every one to find the newest date/version number... it would be

REALLY NICE to be able to sort the order somehow...

Already possible. Use the "Advanced Search" function (but select the "Author name contains" field:)

http://dragonage.nexusmods.com/images/1678793-1324607284.png

Then sort the results by "Upload Date", (instead of "Endorsements" as in the example below):

http://dragonage.nexusmods.com/images/1678793-1324339612.png

Just what you asked for! :thumbsup:

Dark0ne, have you thought about creating a Sim City 4 or a Minecraft Nexus? Both of those games already have a very large modding community and a few good sites but nothing as organized as the Nexus is with other games. Minecraft especially is lacking a proper mod site and at the moment the official site for mods is the minecraft forums. Maybe the devs would be interested in making the Nexus the official site like Obsidian has with Project Eternity?

I'll just quote the reply that another Staff member made to a similar question in another thread:

In a recent news article from the site owner, Dark0ne said:

An example of a game I have no interest in releasing a Nexus site for because I know the modding community is in good hands is Torchlight (1 and 2). They have the Runic Games Fansite, which not only hosts mods well enough but also has its own NMM style client for downloading and installing mods. I would never want to step on the toes of that site that has done so much for its modding community, even if people keep begging me to make a site for it (which they do!). I’d love to work with them, though.

The full article is here you might want to take a look! http://forums.nexusm...ion-philosophy

Neither the Minecraft, nor the Sims community needs the Nexus to provide a modding site. They have their own already.

(Thx, Lisn!)