Skyrim - Mod Detectives Thread

buddah

I'm looking for a mod that lets me place barricades and/or walls (in addition to possibly other things) so I can set up defenses around a "base" in an exterior camp. The ability to place bear traps as well would be cool.

For the traps, take your pick from those. I haven't tried any, so I can't offer advice on them.

Walls and barricades can be deployed via Pocket Empire Builder, if I recall that correctly.

Also, you might be interested in Tundra Defense.

Your first link appears to be broken or something? it takes me to an internet search with nothing relevant showing up. I'f search "traps" in the nexus and came across a few that work decently, but I discovered they are all incompatible with mods that make traps do realistic amounts of damage, so sadly I have yet to find a trap mod I can use.

Tundra Defense is quite a bit more then I am looking for complexity wise, and it is incredibly incompatible with controller usage, so sadly I can't use it. If it worked with a controller I wouldn't mind giving it a shot, because it does look cool.

I'm looking for a mod that lets me place barricades and/or walls (in addition to possibly other things) so I can set up defenses around a "base" in an exterior camp. The ability to place bear traps as well would be cool.

Portable Campsite by Mcxar has fences and traps.....http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/9935/?

Bear traps, hide fences, spike fences......

Sadly, I have seen that mod before, and the fact that I have to go to a very specific location, and I get single place-able versions of items for zero cost after that just makes it totally not what I am looking for. I'm looking for something that lets me build up stuff without totally shattering my immersion. Like, build a barricade out of wood, then place it, rather then magically pulling a single one out of a special magical bag. I'd rather just spawn one with the console! XD I'll look into it and see if there is any way I can make it work, but it seems like more then anything it will clash terribly with frostfall's campsite building, ruining the fun for it...

EDIT: Actually, I was mistaken as to how that mod functions exactly. It looks like it might actually let me craft individual items rather then buying a single 'camp site bag" like I thought, the "magical all in one campsite bag" option just seems to be the more popular option to use. I'm definitely going to look into this.

---------------

Thank you two for giving it a shot, but sadly, neither of these mods are what I am looking for. I want something that just lets me throw up some walls/barricades/defenses without some massive complicated campsite/city building thing that requires me to buy specific unique items from specific merchants, both of these mods do this. Maybe I should contact the maker of frostfall and see if they like the idea of "camp defense" add on to their mod. XD Though I doubt that would work.

Edited by ArtMurder

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying to find a follower, She had no custom voice, but had custom facepaint, if I remember correctly it was green. She also had Auburn colored hair with a feather in it. She wears ancient nord armor and can be found in Dragonsreach. She was also on the Nexus front page awhile back, I can't tell you how long ago.

Also, if anybody can direct me towards some super-heavy armors (Think Skaal or Lich King armors) That would be cool too.

Looking for a mod that deals with enemy AI during detection. It makes no sense that when someone hears a small racket, suddenly Everybody becomes aware that something is up as if they all have a collective hive mind or something.