⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Skyrim - Mod Detectives Thread

buddah

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a mod like this one for Skyrim?

Basically, I'm looking for invisible armor that doesn't take up the main body slots so I can wear the clothing I want but still be armored.

Invisible armor?

Pick an armor with stats you want to wear.

Open the Creation Kit

Load the plugin that has the armor (if esp flag it active)

Locate the Armor Addon form associated with said armor

Remove the NIF assignment on the Male and Female Biped Model entries

Remove all Body Slot assignments

Press OK to close that record

Locate the corresponding Armor form

Save the plugin, if asked for a name give one.

Ensure the plugin is active

Test in game.

Result: An armor with a world/inventory model but no worn model that displaces other worn models when equipped.

As far as one that has been made, no idea... But the above is how you could achieve it. Only concern is that I have no idea if the armor, enchantments and all that still work appropriately without an associated body slot. I think they would but you never know.

Is there a mod like this one for Skyrim?

Basically, I'm looking for invisible armor that doesn't take up the main body slots so I can wear the clothing I want but still be armored.

Invisible armor?

Pick an armor with stats you want to wear.

Open the Creation Kit

Load the plugin that has the armor (if esp flag it active)

Locate the Armor Addon form associated with said armor

Remove the NIF assignment on the Male and Female Biped Model entries

Locate the corresponding Armor form

Save the plugin, if asked for a name give one.

Ensure the plugin is active

Test in game.

Result: An armor with a world/inventory model but no worn model that displaces other worn models when equipped.

As far as one that has been made, no idea... But the above is how you could achieve it. Only concern is that I have no idea if the armor, enchantments and all that still work appropriately without an associated body slot. I think they would but you never know.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I was hoping to be lazy, but you're probably right that I should just do it myself. I'll give that a try. Thanks!

Edit: It seems you need to assign it to a slot for it to give you the armor boost. I just picked one down near the bottom, as they aren't often used. The armor is still invisible but now the armor and enchant bonus are added properly.

Edited by caeanne

Ive been looking for a mod. what it did is cause your character to rag doll after you fall a certain distance. Like once you picked up enough vertical speed, you character would start going rag doll. It made navigating down sheer mountain faces more difficult and fun.

Thanks!

Looking for a specific type of rainstorm.

I once had a fantastic rain / storm mod that I can no longer find. It wasn't so much that the mod increased the thickness and / or speed of the rain (which I'm assuming it did, though I can't remember), it was that the mod added a really immersive atmosphere around the ground by adding an actual misting effect. I recall engaging some enemies in battle on the plains west of Whiterun when it started to really storm, and I was pleasantly startled to see gusty wisps of fog / mist sweep over the ground amidst the downpour. The rain itself seemed to be hitting so hard that it was coming in almost sideways. The whole thing combined to create not just basic "increased raindrops" but something of a mild hurricane effect.

This was probably a year ago and I've gone through a complete reinstall since then, only today remembering the experience. Over the last hour I've tried Supreme Storms, More Rain and Snow, and Real Rain- so far none of them do what I describe- the only affect that any of them seem to have are on the raindrops themselves and / or the general lighting. I guess I'm trying to say that everything I've tried is too "calm". I'm really trying to recapture that stormy experience of seeing fierce gusts of rain and clouds of mist blown across the landscape. So far I'm coming up totally empty.

Edited by miketheratguy

Hmm, I wouldn't necessarily rule it out. I haven't used CoT in a very long time, ultimately preferring instead to go with the more lightweight and compatible (at least for me) Realistic Lighting, but it IS a possibility that I tried that particular combination at one time.

Thanks for the reply. Can you tell me anything else about what your game is like with that combo? Are the wind gusts visible in the form of misting rain, that kind of thing? I ask because I did find a file that does something similar - "Skyrim Natural Rain"- but it has effects and performance problems that I don't think existed in the mod I'm trying to locate.

Good thread idea.

Just wondering if anyone has come across a Skyrim mod that changes (fixes) the no animation from camera facing player to then pushing forward to run or walk, like it snaps the model to the front with out a turning animation if that makes sense and has always irked me while playing as it looks almost ridiculous and very immersion breaking, i can't for the life of me find a fix.

Thanks in advance!

-SMC