Skyrim - Mod Detectives Thread

buddah

Is there a mod that stops Khajiit from entering cities unless a small quest or speech check is made, maybe a bribe?? I recently started a Khajit character and I just can't get into it because it breaks so much lore from me to just be able to wander into a city all willynilly without anything more than you standard skyrim racial slur being chucked at me.

Edited by ApocNizmith

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Enchantments, Summermyst. For alchemy, there are lots - but Complete Alchemy & Cooking Overhaul is popular.

Summermyst looks good, but I'm not looking for overhauls/changes/tweaks, atm. I will keep that one in mind for when I am, but can you(or anyone) point me at any decent alchemy mods that only add ingredients/effects, not change existing anything?

Well, it depends on what type of alchemy ingredients you want to add. There are mods that add bugs & butterfiles, there are mods that add new plants, there are others that add animal parts... you get the idea.

For plants, I like Technicolor Alchemy Overhaul - it's not really an overhaul IMO despite the name, it just adds a bunch of plants around the world. For bugs, 101Bugs seems to be the best from what I recall. I don't have an available recommendation for animal parts aside from CACO (I also use plunket's Useful Ingredients, but it looks like it got pulled at some point and didn't add that many anyway). Gem Dust Forging and Alchemy lets you make ingredients from diamonds, emeralds, etc. Phinix Geomancy is similar to that one but more complex.

More Interesting Loot also adds lots of new plant ingredients and some new effects, but it is a lot bigger than that and I've found the ingredients there to be hard to get.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know of any neckerchief/bandana/small scarf mods or meshes in a larger mod?

It seems like the only scarf mods ever made are for GIANT scarves. I don't need huge scarves which cover the shoulders, I need small ones able to fit in with small collars or bare necks.

Anything close will do, but the only one I know that isn't a flat choker (which I am not looking for) is the small scarf in the Fine Imperial dress pack, but that one's been oddly manipulated in such a way that it can't be reused (for some reason the original modder placed it on the ground and then drastically manipulated the scarf position to get it around the character's neck in the outfit, so when you copy the mesh over to another .nif, the new .nif can't properly accept it).

Examples of what I'm looking for:

07c18c49f44676e0bdb8d8f567e2cb52.png

bc615758b37434407797d8e1f109ea31--bandan

4ac54a494af205ed4ddc269c41cc5403.jpg

Any help would be great, thanks!

Surprisingly I haven't seen many scarves like that. This is the only one I remember seeing:

http://modtype.doorblog.jp/archives/20128618.html

Thanks for the tip.

It turned out there was one in the Osari Maid outfit package, of all things. UNP Stylish Pirate also has one, though it doesn't fit with as many outfits, since it's designed to go over the pirate outfit collar.

thanks for that! the maid one will work for me...tho i can't believe there's not more options for neckerchiefs ir rolled bandana type neck thingys. Fallout had a bunch (tho most were too big and triangular. but w/ neck seams such an issue in skyrim, u'd think there's be more neckerchiefs.

Hello, I was wondering if anybody could help me figure out what is causing my following problem.

Sometimes I find an imperial or stormcloak guard at the wrong place, like a stormcloak in the middle of a imperial town, or vice versa. And other guards ignore it (I even saw an imperial join strength with a stormcloak to kill another stormcloak).

I believe it has something to do with immersive patrols, but I am not certain. I am all about peace and love, but if you could still tell me anyway to revert this utopia back to war, without unistalling all mods, I would say to you... thank you very much!

Anyone know of any neckerchief/bandana/small scarf mods or meshes in a larger mod?

It seems like the only scarf mods ever made are for GIANT scarves. I don't need huge scarves which cover the shoulders, I need small ones able to fit in with small collars or bare necks.

Anything close will do, but the only one I know that isn't a flat choker (which I am not looking for) is the small scarf in the Fine Imperial dress pack, but that one's been oddly manipulated in such a way that it can't be reused (for some reason the original modder placed it on the ground and then drastically manipulated the scarf position to get it around the character's neck in the outfit, so when you copy the mesh over to another .nif, the new .nif can't properly accept it).

Examples of what I'm looking for:

07c18c49f44676e0bdb8d8f567e2cb52.png

bc615758b37434407797d8e1f109ea31--bandan

4ac54a494af205ed4ddc269c41cc5403.jpg

Any help would be great, thanks!

Surprisingly I haven't seen many scarves like that. This is the only one I remember seeing:

http://modtype.doorblog.jp/archives/20128618.html

Thanks for the tip.

It turned out there was one in the Osari Maid outfit package, of all things. UNP Stylish Pirate also has one, though it doesn't fit with as many outfits, since it's designed to go over the pirate outfit collar.

thanks for that! the maid one will work for me...tho i can't believe there's not more options for neckerchiefs ir rolled bandana type neck thingys. Fallout had a bunch (tho most were too big and triangular. but w/ neck seams such an issue in skyrim, u'd think there's be more neckerchiefs.

Mook - Check the Apachii Divine Elegance mod - some neckerchiefs in that too.

Hi there. Looking for a mod or being stupid - I only have one thing to go off - A mod I used to use had weather presets (I think the default button was Insert or Home; one of those) and it cycled through various skies or lighting environments including clear, rainy, foggy, sovngarde, galaxy, etc.

There was about 15 presets or more, can't remember any of the other names for help. The presets would change the weather and/or sky and/or lighting immediately.

I've tried Climates of Tamriel with Weather Patch, RLO, ELFX, Vivid Weathers and Wonders of Weather. if it is one of these and I'm missing something I would appreciate any help.

Hey friends! I posted a while back asking if anyone was familiar with a certain mod file - still on the hunt. Does anyone know anything about it? The file was MPF_MMNPC.esp and expanded the options available for NPCs that could be followers, could be married, and could join the blades. It did so without needing console commands, matched voice actors, made sure to be lore friendly, and in the event that an NPC had quests associated with them - you generally needed to do the associated quests to become their friend. Any help you be appreciated! :)

I haven't played in ages, but I'd like to find an armour I used to use. Does anyone recognize this outfit? Sorry, I know it's only the top and I suspect the cloak is Cloaks of Skyrim, not part of the mod. Thanks for any help!

tumblr_inline_pkq6hjuusy1s4bgwh_500.png

Edit: Sorry, nevermind, found it! It's called Hedge Mage armor in case anyone else runs into the same issue.

Edited by Guest