Skyrim - Mod Detectives Thread

buddah

No offense to anyone who's a Star Trek fan, but that show was waaaaaaay before my time. Seriously, that scene was dead long before I was born.

Thus is why I absolutely loathe the Klingon foreheads they gave the elves in this game. I think they're so ugly and just not needed at all. Getting to the point, I KNOW I've seen screenshots of people with mods that remove these, but for the life of me I cannot seem to find any... can anyone pretty please provide me some leads?

Klingon foreheads? The elves do not have Klingon foreheads. Not their real foreheads as indicated in every show and movie but TOS. I could see how someone would equate the elf foreheads to the TOS Kingons tho.

Etheral Elven Overhaul does a lot of stuff with elves. Might want to check that out. I'm not sure if it does what you want tho.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey!

I am looking for a mod that would blend in well with my other mods:

http://img1.picload.org/image/dwppllw/page1.jpg

http://img1.picload.org/image/dwpplcr/page2.jpg

In particullar i am trying to fight shadow strips while still using rcrn 3.6. I have read in an old thread, that using custom rock textures may help. As i do not want to replace much textures and only the different rock textures and try to keep the resolution like in bethesdas hd mod (to not get less frames) i hope you can help me find a mod suiting my need :)

To take care of EXTERIOR shadow striping adjust the following SkyrimPrefs.ini entry upwards.

fShadowBiasScale=

It also deals with shadows on the character. Take it too high and it will disconnect the shadow from the character. But if you are like me that is acceptable cause the flickering exterior self shadows drive me crazy. However there is a spot where you can still have connected shadow to the character and no striping on extrerior objects.

As far as INTERIOR objects you'd need some mod that goes thru and modifies the bias scale or something on the individual lights...

No offense to anyone who's a Star Trek fan, but that show was waaaaaaay before my time. Seriously, that scene was dead long before I was born.

Thus is why I absolutely loathe the Klingon foreheads they gave the elves in this game. I think they're so ugly and just not needed at all. Getting to the point, I KNOW I've seen screenshots of people with mods that remove these, but for the life of me I cannot seem to find any... can anyone pretty please provide me some leads?

The majority of face mods do exactly that, although most only have female support (and there are a number of face mods that don't support Bosmer or Orcs). It's all in the 'normal map' (ends with _msn.dds). My preference is for the CBBE FacePack, and 'YoungerGeonoxFacesWithoutBeard' from the Better Males mod (Warning: Nudity for both links!). But, as they're technically for the body mods, might not be what you're after. Some mods to look at:

Smooth Faces (Male and female.)

Ethereal Elven Overhaul (Male and female.)

Fine Face Textures (Male only.)

Nuska Real Skin (Female only.)

First post, just starting to mod and play Skyrim. I'm wondering if there's an immersion mod out there anywhere that makes NPCS respond to my character's sex/sex-appeal (or lack thereof). For instance, I'd like to see dubiousness and sexism and direct come-ons if I'm playing a young attractive woman. Or a more soldierly camaraderie for a gruff war veteran. Is this even possible?

Thanks for any help!

I found near the Lover Stone a mob that looks like a female Nord ghost on fire. It wears armor and a horned helm, is called "Fire Spirit" and is not hostile. The game tells me to press E to talk with the spirit but it says or does nothing. It does retrieve a weapon when I draw my own weapon. This is either a legit encounter that doesn't work, or an anomaly from some uninstalled mod (I currently do not use any gameplay-altering mod I did not make myself in order to make testing them easier). Any ideas?

http://i47.tinypic.com/2cz2e5y.png

Edited by EnaiSiaion

I found near the Lover Stone a mob that looks like a female Nord ghost on fire. It wears armor and a horned helm, is called "Fire Spirit" and is not hostile. The game tells me to press E to talk with the spirit but it says or does nothing. It does retrieve a weapon when I draw my own weapon. This is either a legit encounter that doesn't work, or an anomaly from some uninstalled mod (I currently do not use any gameplay-altering mod I did not make myself in order to make testing them easier). Any ideas?

http://i47.tinypic.com/2cz2e5y.png

It's in the vanilla game, but is meant to only be in Labyrinthian. Bit odd that it's all the way over by the Lover Stone.