Skyrim - Mod Detectives Thread

buddah

Hello :mellow: , does anyone know of a road mod that blends in nicely with Quality Snow mod(4K). Immersive roads, Real roads+HD textures, 2K Road Snow Footprints, none of them cope with QS. HD textures has a merging snow road texture for QS but only for the dark snow version.. :sad:

I hope I missed a road mod or at least get insight on how others that use QS make a road work for them. :wallbash:

:dance:

I went with Real Roads+HD textures and let QS take care of the snow roads. :blush: Best thing to do I guess, i'm happy.

Edited by DukeOfDukalem

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, got a bit of an odd one here that may cause a few eye-rolls and such, but I figured I'd try and see if there's anything for it anyway:

I'm looking to do a playthrough of Skyrim as my character from Fallout New Vegas. Obvious problems such as Skyrim lacking shootin' irons and all that stuff (even though I know mods exist that cater to this need) are of no concern to me as I've elected not to try and get them. In such harsh environments, firearms would be a nightmare to maintain and ammo is obviously not a thing you're going to get from Belethor even if you did offer him your sister. All in all, guns are a no no. I am also aware that as far as the lore goes, this doesn't make any god damned sense. The justification in my head is a mutant wizard did it. It works for me, damn it!

I've already tracked down the Alternate Start mod and an eyepatch which checks two things off the list. I would however like to know if a mod or mods exist that add some less.. flamboyant clothing options. I'm not going to say that Skyrim's armor and clothing designs are bad, on the contrary they are very awesome. For this character though, I'd prefer something with a simpler aesthetic. A duster coat or something similarly Old West'y would be fantastic, but anything else that suits that particular vibe would also suffice.

Also if any mods come to mind that would help with this at all, be they gameplay changers, races, perks, hair styles, etc. I would love it if you'd give me some names or links so I can go through and see what I like.

Thanks in advance.

Hi guys, got a bit of an odd one here that may cause a few eye-rolls and such, but I figured I'd try and see if there's anything for it anyway:

I'm looking to do a playthrough of Skyrim as my character from Fallout New Vegas. Obvious problems such as Skyrim lacking shootin' irons and all that stuff (even though I know mods exist that cater to this need) are of no concern to me as I've elected not to try and get them. In such harsh environments, firearms would be a nightmare to maintain and ammo is obviously not a thing you're going to get from Belethor even if you did offer him your sister. All in all, guns are a no no. I am also aware that as far as the lore goes, this doesn't make any god damned sense. The justification in my head is a mutant wizard did it. It works for me, damn it!

I've already tracked down the Alternate Start mod and an eyepatch which checks two things off the list. I would however like to know if a mod or mods exist that add some less.. flamboyant clothing options. I'm not going to say that Skyrim's armor and clothing designs are bad, on the contrary they are very awesome. For this character though, I'd prefer something with a simpler aesthetic. A duster coat or something similarly Old West'y would be fantastic, but anything else that suits that particular vibe would also suffice.

Also if any mods come to mind that would help with this at all, be they gameplay changers, races, perks, hair styles, etc. I would love it if you'd give me some names or links so I can go through and see what I like.

Thanks in advance.

Hey I just started modding this game a week ago and still am going through the infite mods right now to get all the right stuff for one hell of a playthrough. Started modding towards Realvision enb, http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30936/? - lots of mods and things that also refer to other mods again.

Also http://wiki.step-project.com/Pack:Skyrim_Rejuvenated - I stumbled on this site a couple of times.

Last but not least http://www.tesgeneral.com/#!essential/cs1p - alot of stuff on there aswell.

No problem :cool:

l

Hi,

I'm looking for a mod that makes creatures tougher. I play with PerMa, deadly dragons and OBIS, but the problem is that though Bandits and dragons are quite tough, I cut through every other creature like they were pastry. Encounter Zones wouldn't fix this unless it was made specificly to toughen dungeons without bandits, but that would give a lot of other problems.

Best solution would be something that boosts creature health.

Thanks, saw it just a minutte before i read this.

Edited by tiggerdyret

Hi guys,

I have two mods in mind that I do not remember the names of:

1. Gameplay mod that let you take control of NPCs and let you play as if you were that character.

2. A mod featured on Gamespots Top 5 Mods of the Week that integrated your saved games so that you could play as one of your characters in another's gameworld. It had a circular room that allowed you to display all your saved characters on mannequins or pedestals.

I am trying to play a game where I have my own Dragonborn as my follower.

Thanks!

Hi,

I'm looking for a mod that makes creatures tougher. I play with PerMa, deadly dragons and OBIS, but the problem is that though Bandits and dragons are quite tough, I cut through every other creature like they were pastry. Encounter Zones wouldn't fix this unless it was made specificly to toughen dungeons without bandits, but that would give a lot of other problems.

Best solution would be something that boosts creature health.

Hey Tigger, I actually had the same thing in mind for my play-style and I'm trying out Dynamic Difficulty by mod author vivanto.

What makes bandits tough, imo, is getting one-shotted by a Chieftain with a warhammer power attack. Dynamic Difficulty lets you cap the maximum damage dealt to the PC. I'm trying the mod out and set this to a % of my character's total HP. Then I'm increasing the in-game difficulty which either raises enemy HP or reduces damage dealt by the player so that wilderness beasts won't be a push-over and I can generally have longer battles.

If you're already playing at Master difficulty, there's another setting in Dynamic Difficulty that let's you cap damage dealt by the PC. Leveled bandit chieftains and dragons are heavily armored so I don't think you'll ever bump into the cap when fighting against them, but critters and drauger should take a few more swings before going down.

Hey let me know your experience. Like I said I'm trying the mod out too.

Hi guys,

I have two mods in mind that I do not remember the names of:

1. Gameplay mod that let you take control of NPCs and let you play as if you were that character.

2. A mod featured on Gamespots Top 5 Mods of the Week that integrated your saved games so that you could play as one of your characters in another's gameworld. It had a circular room that allowed you to display all your saved characters on mannequins or pedestals.

I am trying to play a game where I have my own Dragonborn as my follower.

Thanks!

1 is Alternate Actors, 2 is Familiar Faces.

I recently uninstalled and reinstalled everything to start from scratch and reduce lag and I can't find a certain mod. It has my favorite robes in it and I cant find any decent mage robes that even come close to it

It comes in to sets that I believe are called elven robes and royal elven robes. the first set is a black master robe with black telvanni shoulder pads (with scarf) and the second is a dark red variant of that.

I'm not sure if it's a standalone set mod or a part of a bigger one, nor am I sure if it's a nexus mod or from the steam workshop. But I do know that I can't find robes that look this good without going over the top, they are my favorite clothing. I've looked and looked but can't find them, please help

Is there any way to fix woodlike cloacks from winter is coming and cloacks for skyrim. They are great but its kinda pity that they stay like woodplanks and characterd clip their feet through them while walkin or running. I was only able to find mod that fix walking and running without weapon, but is there any way to do the same for other animation or give this cloacks phisics support Edited by Timarot