Skyrim - Mod Detectives Thread

buddah

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey im looking for a mod that stops npc's from following you though a door with a loading screen when they are talking to you.

Well, there's Move It Dammit, and there's Get Out of My Way.

One of those perhaps? Give us more description.

you know when you walk past someone and they start talking to you but your dont care what they are saying so you keep going and click on a door to enter it then it brings you inside or outside and the NPC that was just talking has also for no reason gone through the door as well. im looking for a mod that stops them for also going though the door

Hey im looking for a mod that stops npc's from following you though a door with a loading screen when they are talking to you.

Well, there's Move It Dammit, and there's Get Out of My Way.

One of those perhaps? Give us more description.

you know when you walk past someone and they start talking to you but your dont care what they are saying so you keep going and click on a door to enter it then it brings you inside or outside and the NPC that was just talking has also for no reason gone through the door as well. im looking for a mod that stops them for also going though the door

Ahhhh...Now I see what you mean. Yeah, that's a glitch that has been baked into the game, seemingly. I can't find anything out there to fix that, but it has to be script-based since in essence what you are doing is interrupting a script (NPC talking to you--hey, come back here! I'm not finished speaking!), triggering a new script (opening door/loading screen to exterior world space, or wherever), and for some reason, that script isn't purging the NPC talking script.

I almost wonder if you could just add a purge function to that script to eliminate NPCs from following you by cutting their script off entirely? Hmm...I don't know enough about scripting to say, but that seems logical...

*TV Voice-over* Warning, this member is dangerously unqualified to give advice. Serious and sometimes fatal incidents can occur; symptoms include disbelief, passive rage, SKSE-failure, Total Systemic Mod Collapse, projectile vomiting, borked Data files, and possible demonic possession. If you experience any of these signs, please stop modding immediately and consult your Nexus Mods provider for further details.