ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

CryTek's CRYENGINE3 SDK F.o.c

GenevaConVention

I am curious... Has anyone used CryTek's Cryengien 3 SDK to edit this game? Is it possable? I sure as s__t hope so, lol. *starts to tear up* They have released a F.o.c(Free of charge) version of their Intense editing engine/software and was wondering if anyone even tried it out. Post what ya think, experiences and what not with it if you have. I have been tinkering with what they have but never tried to import anything to it, lol.

Of course not. You can never use the SDK of a different engine to edit a game using another. Hell, in most cases it's unlikely you could even use an engine's SDK to edit a game that uses the right engine, as each game would probably have its own take/version specific to its needs. Skyrim itself wouldn't just use a generic SDK, Bethesda have created their own, which is why we're waiting eagerly for the Creation Kit.

It's all about formats. Skyrim uses formats that are relevant to Gamebryo/Creation, while CryEngine has its own formats; just like Unreal, Source, etc. all would have their own formats too. Whether that is just meshes (NIF in Gamebryo's case), or game content like levels, interfaces, mechanics, etc. Even down to the graphics engine, like shaders, and physics. It's all different.

Think of of it like this:

A PC charger only works for certain PCs. They will not work on a Mac, not on X other PC.

The same goes with engines. THe engines might use the same concept, but the different is huge. I mean, to use a model for engine A you need to export the model with a plugin. You then need a new plugin to import the same model to engine B.

So in short: no.