Support the Nexus not steem

Randaworgie

First of all there is allready sites that you need to pay for mods, but still the number one site is free and it's the the Nexus, no kidding every body here knows it's true.

Then i dont think modders gonna earn money from steam, i mean, it is steam that earn money they dont give a s*** about modders, and again the CK is free, so do you think Bethesda or Steam are gonna give us a tool and let us make money with it, ohhh no no no they are business men, and they learned at school how to f*** us good.

Edited by MonsterMonkey

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all there is allready sites that you need to pay for mods, but still the number one site is free and it's the the Nexus, no kidding every body here knows it's true.

Then i dont think modders gonna earn money from steam, i mean, it is steam that earn money they dont give a s*** about modders, and again the CK is free, so do you think Bethesda or Steam are gonna give us a tool and let us make money with it, ohhh no no no they are business men, and they learned at school how to f*** us good.

This.

Also, it seems to me that the steam workshop is just to make mods more accessible to those who are unaware of the awesomeness that is the Nexus

This.

Also, it seems to me that the steam workshop is just to make mods more accessible to those who are unaware of the awesomeness that is the Nexus

I second(third?) both these statements...

but,.. a question for the OP...

if the Workshop does not include the ability to make money off it(which it probally won't) and if it doesn't have any annoying kinks in how it works(like rejecting 9 out of 10 mods, which it prob will, sadly)

What would you say then? would you still request we all stayed loyal to nexus? Nexus is great, but I don't care for any anti-steam wars.

something tells me 'most' people will be using both nexus and workshop.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just took the time to read Steam Workshop's contribution agreement and disagree with many parts of it so I won't be submitting there.

I don't want to pay for mods. I don't want to charge for them either. Keep everything free. However donations are a good idea. You don't have an obligation to pay but you might just come across the odd persons work that blows you away and you donate.

I have seen some fantastic mods on here over the years. New Vegas Bounties being one of them. Even if steam has a mod that is not here and you want it I am sure you will be able to find someplace that will have it also. The Nexus however has basically been my one stop shop for getting the things that make the games playable for many more hours that were originally designed. Wish I had the talent that some of you veteran modders do. My hat is off to you. :happy:

I've just took the time to read Steam Workshop's contribution agreement and disagree with many parts of it so I won't be submitting there.

I don't want to pay for mods. I don't want to charge for them either. Keep everything free. However donations are a good idea. You don't have an obligation to pay but you might just come across the odd persons work that blows you away and you donate.

Anything with a EULA attached to it like that is not worth your time using. Its like signing a damn contract just to let other people play your mods. Completely unnecessary.