Plot inconsistancy in Dragonborn

CaptainRC

I was just playing through Dragonborn again, when I remembered something that bothered me before. When the PC asks Adril Arano about why so much hatred for the Empire, he explains that when the Oblivion Crisis happened, the Empire pulled its troops from the provinces to deal with the daedric threat in Cyrodiil, leaving the other provinces undefended.

But... that completely contradicts what happened in Oblivion!

When the Hero of Kvatch approached Chancellor Ocato for Legion troops to defend Bruma, Ocato explained that he couldn't afford to pull troops from the other provinces, or he'd have a political crisis on his hands. So the HoK was forced to recruit from the guard of the other cities in Cyrodiil.

Can anyone explain this contradiction?

he couldnt pull them himself. they were probably sent by the commanders in those provinces. remember long range communication isnt a big thing so entire armies could be moved to another location and have it take a few months before anyone knew they had moved. either way that could have just been an excuse for why they moved them out and not actually the real reason. i dont know for sure though as i havent played the DLC much.

I always read that as an actual massive plot hole. Maybe someone can share some insight...

It could always be that Arano is mistaken about his own history, though... and that it really happened like in Oblivion. I never liked those lines, lol.