We are aware aware of an issue with authentication on the site. See our status page for details. ×

So ive been blocked for making a petition

WOTmodsproductions

So my post about making a petition against bethesda has been locked and ive been banned from contacting the moderators and the owner of this site to ask why.

Makes me wonder if bethesda had anything to do with this by seeing the post here:

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/487043-petition-to-bethesda-to-sort-out-skyrim/

This might be off topic here, lock this, do what you wish to it.

All this is going to do is make this petition stronger and now will definanly be going ahead.

For all those wishing to follow it, keep an eye on these forums, Ill be setting up the website soon.

They think they can stop this before its begun, there was nothing wrong / illegal or rule breaking about my petition so the only reason left is that they dont want it to go ahead.

Its funny how ive been a loyal member of this site for a long time, but the moment people start to make a stand against something I get crushed.

Edited by thelonewarrior

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, consider that this site has nothing to do with Bethesda except hosting mods for some games they produce. This is not a Bethesda owned/operated forum, nor are the Nexus sites run by them either. Most forums disallow all petitions, no matter the content (can't recall if that applies to the Nexus, but it definitely applies to the official Bethesda forums). "Taking a stand" might hold more meaning if you actually directed it at the people you are supposedly standing against - if you are determined to stay on this course, head on over to the official forums, don't bother doing it here where it will do nothing but spam up the forums and not actually accomplish much.

I disagree with them banning you, that's just dickish but your post should of been blocked since it's their official site.

I'm not just going to leave it these heres what I see they have a problem with.

you require a steam account blah blah blah
Never just cut yourself of mid sentence when petitioning, it lowers the value of your argument and is slightly rude.

I dont give a .... about steam
Don't ever swear or imply swearing, people can easily fill in the blanks and the above two reasons apply.

I bought skyrim and yep thats right.....could not even play skyrim for some time because I had to have a steam account.
Same sentence, but your doing a petition so sarcasm's generally not aloud, lowers the value of your argument and it's rude.

hold back the 1.2 patch because of the major bugs....but NOOO they still released it despite knowing it would mess a lot of gamers games up......no person in their right mind would take that risk......it could and has been ( for a couple of gamers I know) game ending and they have given up bothering with bethesda.
Just repeating sarcasm bad.

We all know about the construction set coming up, and now steam is involved, the amount of legal issues surrounding this are stupid.
Never say anyone's stupid, rude and lowers the value of your argument... what i'm saying here is if your complaining and trying to make it official you got to use language that you don't use with your mates.... polite english is called for.

We all know this will only get worse, bethesda will place restrictions on modding and there will be many annoying issues like you have to update the construction set at some point and OH NO its not compatible with the latest patch (which has happened in previous bethesda games, meaning your modding is halted / corrupted until the next patch)
You may think it's going to get worse but without evidence don't try to predict the future.

IF and only IF the patches over the next few months (including the construction set) continue to screw people over and cause more trouble than its worth this is what we do:
Mainly i'm pointing at the fact you wrote "screw people over", not suitable for a potition and it's bad to directly say that the people on the forum are directly trying to screw over their fans.

Set up a website, for people to sign a petition with this following rules

1. Those signed agree to no longer buy DLC / MODS or any bethesda games for the next 2 years

2. Spread the word across forums and other sites

This is probably the thing they had the most problem with, your saying on Their site that your trying to get people not to buy Their product's, and that you want to spread the word across the internet. I don't think i need to elaberate why this is a bad thing.

If bethesda continue to mess up the gaming experience for us, with apparently not even mentioning it on their website and I quote 'the 1.2 skyrim patch has gone off without a hitch'

Yeah right.....

Just more sarcasm, bad for petition's, bad for your argument and is rude.

The terms of us removing this petition are as follows:
I'm not going to post the entire thing because people cna just read it but anyway again I don't think I need to explain why you shouldn't demand things from the sites owners using the above "Petition not to buy DLC" like it's a hostage situation or something. Very bad.

Now I'm not saying you shouldn't do a petition, just make it more profesional and if you telling fans not to buy the sites owner's products your gonna get booted. Their a company don't forget.

they chose steam. steam is good. it was a good choice.

stop whining about it.

DLC is commonplace in most games now. why hate on bethesda for doing it? it allows new content with additional revenue.

you sound like a spoiled child.

And, "a loyal member of this site" ? where is your premium/supporter tag? or do you think that the site owners somehow owe you something for freely using the service they provide, at a cost?

Edited by WarKirby3333

So I read your original post. AHHHHHHH.... Sounds like you are beating a dead horse.

Bethesda is in the business of making games to do what? Give you a great experience? 'fraid not! Bethesda is in it for the money.

I will be the first to tell you that STEAM is a leach and problem maker. I have had a Steam account for I can't remember how many years now. Truthfully nothing irritates me more than to see another useless process running on my PC giving my data to some third party for who knows what reason. Hopefully I won't get banned from the site for mentioning that you can get a localhost work around for Steam. That way your game only thinks it is connected to them. I am not pointing this out as a means to promote piracy or bypass copyright protections also many times our internet connection is down as I live in a place with terrible service. I am pointing this out as someone that pays 60 to 70 dollars for a game title and would like to play it when I want to play it. Or only to have some abomination like PATCH 1.2 shoved down my throat without my permission. Consider it self preservation and my personal belief that my PC belongs to me and not the corporate overlords. Likewise you can place the game in offline mode after activation and write a rule for your firewall to block any outgoing connection request from that program.

As for paying for mods..... The legal implications of that have been pointed out numerous times. Sites like the Nexus here will hopefully continue to provide a place to download whatever mods are published here for free.

I have been a member here since 2007 and I see many folks on here that have been members far longer than I have. I trust that the integrity of this site's administration will continue to provide one of the best platforms for modding and discussion for the benefit of the community they have created.

Edited by elleonblanco

This petition sounds more like an contract to us, "don't buy dlc/mods from bethesda" uhh... im justing signing to support you i didn't know this was a contract -_- well atleast that how it sounds to me regardless to be blunt: this is a lost cause and a hopeless one GL

I've got to agree with some of the posters on this topic, first one is stumpndum's, you've got to re-do your petition or something like that and elleonblanco's, because your cause is hopeless, Steam sucks I know, gaming in general is sucking these days actually, I remember old games better, dunno if it was cause I was younger or because they were just better... Bethesda doesn't care about you, your petition won't get far, even if 10.000 signs it, it won't be enough, and it's REALLY hard to get that many people, also from those 10000, 9500 will buy DLCs and Bethesda games anyways, because of the "epic trailers" and the "epic release dates" UHHH 11/11/11 how cool is that! :facepalm: Even tough I agree with you in some points theres no way to win anything from this, it's not a BB gun vs a tank, it's more like a stick vs a bunker, or a ship, or a building...