Sword placement 'animation', waist or back

Bucklar

I am trying to create my own mod, to have a specific two-handed sword model sit on my waist. I was able to find most of the correct animation files (IE draw, sheathe, idle etc) but after the character would place it on his waist, the sword would magically appear on his back. If anyone knows, could they point me to the correct file that holds the 'sword placement' information(1H sword and 2H sword, specifically)? I'm assuming it is an animation file, but was unable to find it while pawing through the .bsa for the past few hours.

Any advice is appreciated -- even if just to tell me it isn't possible ;)

Try opening up your weapons nif and change the Prn NiStringExtraDaat attachment nodes name from WeaponSword to WeaponBack

Well thank you! That appears as if it may work, but unfortunately when I try to edit the field I can only edit the suffix number (in this case 4). The text appears uneditable, any reccomendations?

press txt icon and add a new string< in block details not block list

Perfect, thank you. That did, in fact, work just as I hoped it would.

Unfortunately, however, while the sword is in the proper location, and the animation plays....the sword remains on the character's hip. Any last advice? Sorry to wrangle you so much, but you've been supremely helpful.

yeah.... It night need the CK though. In F3 you had an Art and Sound Tab in the weapons entry.. under which animation sets were set up. Might need to poke at whatever the equivalent of that.. http://geck.bethsoft.com/index.php/Weapons

I don't believe it would require the CK. Everything is animating properly, the sword is placed in the correct spot...it simply isn't moving. All the other meshes have 4 as the suffix number, but when I change WeaponSword to WeaponBack it goes from 4 to 13. I believe getting that number to 4 is the key, but I'm totally unaware of how to do that. :S

If you're unsure, maybe someone else will be able to assist. In the meantime, I'll pour over that page you linked, thanks. Just wasn't sure if Fallout also had a hip/back placement option that could act as an analog here.

the 4 is irrelevant, and no they are not all 4 in every weapon in the game. that is simply the number the sting name is in the string name list.

And yeah what weapon animation set could very well have something to do with this, imo the sword animation is not actually finding the controlled block to successfully detach and attach the weapon. It could very be something as simple as a tick box in the weapon entry or a drop down when you select what weapon set. But we don't really know how anything is set out in the CK, but I wouldn't rule it out...

the 4 is irrelevant, and no they are not all 4 in every weapon in the game. that is simply the number the sting name is in the string name list.

And yeah what weapon animation set could very well have something to do with this, imo the sword animation is not actually finding the controlled block to successfully detach and attach the weapon. It could very be something as simple as a tick box in the weapon entry or a drop down when you select what weapon set. But we don't really know how anything is set out in the CK, but I wouldn't rule it out...

My mistake then, the ones I found were identical for all the greatswords and 1 handed swords(4) despite the values being different(WeaponBack/WeaponSword), so I assumed they were all linked somehow.

If I have to wait, I suppose I'll wait. I was very close to Anduril being reforged, and I'll probably be done playing this game by the time the CK comes out. More's the pity :S Either way, thanks very much for the help.