Sensible rules for enchanting and smithing?

zyg0tic

@Goblin Girl - In order to make good rules I need to draw from the experience/knowledge of others. The question is: at what point does enchant/smithy/alchemy become abusive? We should be able to come to an agreement about that through discussion. Restarting the game and following the rules we decided would make the game more enjoyable for me.

And what I'm saying is that the very idea that you must come to an agreement with anyone else about how you play a single player game is confusing to me. Why? Why do you care what anyone else thinks is abusive or reasonable? Set some boundaries for your play, and then start up a new game & follow them.

Simple i would make it impossible to raise smithing and enchanting with one type of material all the way to 100.

Also Mining should have points and a perk tree of its own, giving bonus to how much ore you can receive when mining.

I personally never go looking for veins with 2 ore in it when i can make gold and buy the ingots from a merchant so much faster.

Smithing:

1-30 Iron ingots 30-50 Steel or Dwarven metal ingots 50-60 Corundum ingots 60-70 Orichalcum ingots 70-80 Malachite and Moonstone ingots 80-90 Ebony and Silver ingots 90-100 Ebony and Gold ingots

Not using Daedra hearts it would be nearly impossible to get that many hearts unless you wait for respawn.

Enchanting:

Disenchanting should be as it is now.

1-30 Iron Armor or Weapons 30-50 Steel Armor or Weapons 50-60 Dwarven Armor or Weapons 60-70 Orcish Armor or Weapons 70-80 Glass Armor or Weapons 80-90 Ebony Armor or Weapons 90-100 Daedric Armor or Weapons

Jewelry should not raise enchanting at all.

How hard can it be to create something like this to begin with ?

Simple i would make it impossible to raise smithing and enchanting with one type of material all the way to 100.

Smithing:

1-30 Iron ingots 30-50 Steel or Dwarven metal ingots 50-60 Corundum ingots 60-70 Orichalcum ingots 70-80 Malachite and Moonstone ingots 80-90 Ebony and Silver ingots 90-100 Ebony and Gold ingots

Not using Daedra hearts it would be nearly impossible to get that many hearts unless you wait for respawn.

Enchanting:

1-30 Iron Armor or Weapons 30-50 Steel Armor or Weapons 50-60 Dwarven Armor or Weapons 60-70 Orcish Armor or Weapons 70-80 Glass Armor or Weapons 80-90 Ebony Armor or Weapons 90-100 Daedric Armor or Weapons

Love that idea going to make a mod? :biggrin:

Smithing:

Enchanting:

Love that idea going to make a mod? :biggrin:

I neither have the patience or talent for it, but otherwise yes.

I have the time but knowledge on how, lacking. :wallbash: but it would be a great idea for one and if someone is able to make it.

that way it makes it more harder than making about 300 iron daggers cheap and fast. :thumbsup:

Edited by Guss

I like the ideas about smithing gains. If I had such a mod Id probably end up just making iron daggers, steel daggers, dwarven daggers, etc etc :)

Also, perhaps we can determine it ourselves using the skill system as it is now - all the perks has skill requirements, you can use the skill req as a guideline to what you ought to be making in the period until the next perk becomes available.

Edited by zyg0tic

Just smith what you find and dig up, not vendor bought when working the skill. Reason smithy is so easy is cheap resources can be had by the two npcs at whiteun, Iron and leather. You don't even have to step out of town....just buy out the vendors grind out iron daggers, rest 24 hours and repeat...... Edited by soot00

Well bethesda did not take into account how powerful someone would be with 100 blacksmith/enchanting/alchemy, the bugs associated with these perks(multiple ways to craft items with infinite damage) or how easy is to level blacksmithing in comparison to other perks. The merchants sell to much of the rare ores used in the high end blacksmithing items. I have never seen a ebony mining vein yet I can find 2 people in every city that sell ebony ingots. Dragon armor at 100 blacksmithing should be more powerful and use more bones/scales.