Nexus for Skyrim Remasted Edition?

CharmicsMods

Nexus for Skyrim Remastered Edition  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Should Skyrim Remasted get it's own Nexus?

• Yes, we need to keep track of which mods work on which version of the game.
    • No, it's not necessary and would ultimately be more complicated. (Tell us why!)

My first thought on this was to go with two separate nexuses for the sake of aggregating everything for each version in one convenient place..... but this is only thinking about the end users.

However, this also seems like it would often require the mod authors to have to upload their mod twice if their mod is cross compatible between versions. Which in turn puts more stress on our repository.

I think if we as the people benefitting from this can figure out what 'Requires SKSE', 'Requires SKYUI', ect mean whenever we go to download something, we should be able to handle a basic tagging/filtering system without everybody losing their minds.

My 00.02. At the end of the day, pros and cons.

The DX11 Creation Kit and new Engine is going to reboot the interest in Skyrim based mods, (not that it needs it) I can't wait to take a look under the bonnet. All the old mods will need updating so to me, it's a needs must to have a separate Nexus.

Thank you Rigmor. Your comment sums up entirely how I feel. The more info I find spawns even more questions, like what about FNIS and J containers for example. Is Siverlock ready at release time? A new engine? LL? Old but good abandoned mods will likely be put away unless they can successfully put though the new CK or NMM converter, DIY I'm guessing?

I did have my rig built just for Skyrim and I might step back to see how things come about and if mods for character and NPCs can even come close to the super amazing that has already been done and put out there. Or I might go with Remastered like most right off, then later revert back a few times, unless the mod prospects turn out better than I expect. I may not be able play for long without a specific handful of mods.

I think it warrants it's own game page as it will be around a long time. Or perhaps one Skyrim page with 3 sub sections for the game on your system. Perhaps links tags and filters should do the work of sorting it into 3 games? Or maybe one big Skyrim pool is fine but I don't think it could stay that way, stuff gets lost. Even after 18 months of playing and modding , I am finding mods I should have already found ages ago and some.

I'm only a newcomer, but I would think splitting the repositories and the interface is a good idea, but don't split the forums. Keep the community strong.

I can second that, but like you, I haven't spent all that much time here. For what it's worth though, I do agree; here we're having a discussion and if it need be made clear which version someone is talking about, that is not a significant hurtle. In the meantime Skyrim will still be Skyrim, and the community is fragmented enough as it is. Hopefully that's how things pan out.

In my opinion, a whole new nexus for remastered version is needed. I only hope that great mods authors still roam nexus, they need to update their goodies !

I dont see why people would stick to older version of skyrim since the remastered version is totally free if you own all DLCs. I think majority of Skyrim players/mods users have all DLCs. I am not judging those who wanna stick with the original version. I only think that majority will install the new one.

I honestly havent played Skyrim for atleast a year so I am confused about what mods would still work and those that wouldnt. I dont even remember what mods required SKSE...If I understood well, Textures, Meshes and Animations replacement can be copy/paste into the new remastered Data folder, but nothing else...Havent found anything clear about what will be compatible and what wont be.

That whole remastered skyrim thing will get me back into skyrim ! I just hope most of mods will work. Some of em are from authors that probably doesnt even mod anymore.

Edited by BenzenBeer

I dont see why people would stick to older version of skyrim since the remastered version is totally free if you own all DLCs. I think majority of Skyrim players/mods users have all DLCs. I am not judging those who wanna stick with the original version. I only think that majority will install the new one.

We'll have to see. I think largely it depends on what mods do end up working and which don't. Personally I'm doubting that any more than a third of my load order will be compatible with SRE.

On top of that, performance in Remastered had better be nearly as good as in the original - or better - if you ask me. If it runs anything like Fallout 4, then my modded game will not only look better, but run better than SRE. But, that's what I'm expecting. :/

There isn't any real reason for me to switch *unless* performance is drastically better, or hardware is significantly better utilized (allowing for greater modding).

Edited by ColdHarmonics

I'm not sure why anybody would want to stick around for the old version long term. The PC version was a creaky old console port when it was introduced, and is held together today with bubblegum and bandaids thanks to some savvy coders. Going from 32 bit to 64 bit just says it all really. I'll definitely take my time with the move (I'll let others be the beta testers), but I won't look back when I do.

I seems at first glance that this is a new game, so new section for it, but we'll know soon enough if that makes any sense.

Save games will be compatible. Most mods will be compatible (or simply rendered redundant). Most people who are really into modding likely own all the DLC or will be getting the new version; and as others have stated it is far easier on the creators of mods to simply add tags rather than to force them to manage their mods across two different repositories.

Personally I'm straining to see the benefit of forcing more work onto creators for nebulous benefit of the end user.

Save games will be compatible. Most mods will be compatible (or simply rendered redundant). Most people who are really into modding likely own all the DLC or will be getting the new version; and as others have stated it is far easier on the creators of mods to simply add tags rather than to force them to manage their mods across two different repositories.

Personally I'm straining to see the benefit of forcing more work onto creators for nebulous benefit of the end user.

this. 100%

I don't think that most mod authors would like using their modding time answering users comments in two places.

Edited by LeVosgien