Nexus for Skyrim Remasted Edition?

CharmicsMods

Nexus for Skyrim Remastered Edition  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Should Skyrim Remasted get it's own Nexus?

• Yes, we need to keep track of which mods work on which version of the game.
    • No, it's not necessary and would ultimately be more complicated. (Tell us why!)

separate nexus page is a must otherwise people will install old mods made for older skyrim on newer remastered skyrim and will f*#@ their game up and will later complain about that mod. also remaster is a separate game its not replacing current skyrim.

separate nexus page is a must otherwise people will install old mods made for older skyrim on newer remastered skyrim and will f*** their game up and will later complain about that mod. also remaster is a separate game its not replacing current skyrim.

You know that little box with the mod requirements that pops up as soon as you click a mod download link? Just ensure that the Special Edition isn't on that list as a requirement. Easy.

If people can't be bothered to check mod requirements, then it's only a matter of time before their game is ruined anyway.

separate nexus page is a must otherwise people will install old mods made for older skyrim on newer remastered skyrim and will f*** their game up and will later complain about that mod. also remaster is a separate game its not replacing current skyrim.

You know that little box with the mod requirements that pops up as soon as you click a mod download link? Just ensure that the Special Edition isn't on that list as a requirement. Easy.

If people can't be bothered to check mod requirements, then it's only a matter of time before their game is ruined anyway.

yes but how many people still write in comments that they are crashing at startup when they clearly doesn't have dlc ?? too many.

So what do we know about Skyrim Special Edition that is fact straight from the company or authorized employees? Not rumors or from Farmer Joe, but what Bethesda has?

Winner of more than 200 Game of the Year Awards, Skyrim Special Edition brings the epic fantasy to life in stunning detail. The Special Edition includes the critically acclaimed game and add-ons with all-new features like remastered art and effects, volumetric god rays, dynamic depth of field, screen-space reflections, and more. Skyrim Special Edition also brings the full power of mods to the PC and Xbox One. New quests, environments, characters, dialogue, armor, weapons and more – with Mods, there are no limits to what you can experience.
[/endquote]

From: http://store.bethsoft.com/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-special-edition.html

Honestly, other than mods to console (which doesn't really affect us PC users), the only real thing would be upgraded graphics as shown in the trailer:

So unless the engine and creation kit had any modification in the coding that would change how things work too much, it shouldn't affect any of the mods. Right? Like the scripting, form IDs, etc. are all basically the same. I'm not trying to be trolling, but I don't really see what the issue is. It should stay the same Nexus unless the Special Edition alters things to the point where it's necessary to have a different one. Although, I'm waiting to see if anything changes, because it could be new possibilities hopefully. The nexus is known for each year building on its previous successes so a brave new world potentially?

So what do we know about Skyrim Special Edition that is fact straight from the company or authorized employees? Not rumors or from Farmer Joe, but what Bethesda has?

So unless the engine and creation kit had any modification in the coding that would change how things work too much, it shouldn't affect any of the mods.

I totally get this sentiment, and it's part of the reason I brought this topic up.

The thing it, the DirectX version is changing and the executable is going from 32 to 64 bit. The will mean the current ENB dll and SKSE are garunteed to *not* work on the remastered version. This means that ENB presets will most likely have to be modified, and SKSE along with any mod that uses SKSE will have to be updated.

To be fair, Bethesda hasn't gone out and said that this is the case, but they refuse to acknowledge the existence of script extenders.

A quick look at my load order reveals that (very) roughly 50% of my mods require SKSE, and on top of that, many mods require those mods that require SKSE (but they themselves do not necessarily require it). This means that most of my mods will not work on the new version, at least not without major updates. Most of my mods also are not longer supported by the authors, so the chances of them being updated are..... slim. Generous estimates are that a third of my load order will work on SSE. Conservative estimates are about 15%.

Like I said, I understand your sentiment, but I want to make clear the reason why I think we need a new nexus.

I can understand that. Honestly, after reading their description a few times and looking at the trailer, I'm not saying they did minimal work and are releasing it under a Special Edition name, but it certainly looks like they changed little. I don't know if this is a cash grab tactic or if they are really putting in work under the hood. I'm unimpressed with god rays (actually grew bored of it after Vault 1080 as the novelty wore off quick) and I absolutely hate any type of blur or depth of field.

Wow. Sorry that came across as more cynical and hateful than I try to be on the forums normally. lol. I'm hoping they did do some changes that could present some opportunity for new mechanics and/or content. If it does break mods and it does get its own entry in Steam, then current Mod Organizer set up or whatever shouldn't be affected since they'll be two different folders, so that's always a plus. Either way, I'm waiting to see since I'll get it for free from having all the DLCs on the original. 10 more days! Forget Halloween, I'm going to be playing Skyrim (and/or Oblivion if I can ever get it to mod right).

It doesn't matter how MUCH they changed. The changes we KNOW they made make this effectively an entirely new game in terms of modding.

This - though perhaps Nephenee is exaggerating a little bit.

We know they've made certain changes that are drastic enough to make a large portion of mods on the nexus incompatible, and it's likely that the majority of mods in any given load order will not work on SSE. We cannot take Bethesda's word for what will or won't work, and we certainly cannot use screenshots and listed graphical features alone to make the call. The decision has to be made from a perspective built on a technical understanding of modding.