Skyrim has no frightening aspects unlike Oblivion

tharius1

I have to agree, hence I don't use potions, I like the system in DA which limits the time in between potion drinking. And the lighting... YES too bright! One thing about thief, is that if you play with a lit room, you can't see much in the dark ingame, but if you play in a dark room, you risk sh-ting your pants lol

The falmer and that Molag Bal quest were spooky at first but meh... they lose their charm. Yet I still feel goosebumps being chased by hammer haunts in TDP =/

And the sound... meh, not haunting enough

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't think of anything in Oblivion that ever scared me. I was often startled by something, which is fun too. I am startled a bit more in Skyrim than Oblivion as I tend to encounter more creatures jumping out at me from behind the bushes. The Saber cats do this a lot to me. And no combat music starts to alert me beforehand. One second my High Elf is prancing down the merry glen and the next a giant prehistoric cat is using him as a chew toy. Thank Talos for high level Calm spells. My poor Mage would never have survived with it.

I've...not really seen anything that I would find as scary.

Only thing that came close was the Thieves guild quest where you have to infiltrate the meadery, and that was more tense than anything.

*Sneaks down a hallway with a character more accustomed to heavy armor and two-handed weapons*

"Oh Kyne don't spot me don't spot me don't spot me."

I would love a Skyrim version of the Gates to Aesgaard mods. Those were stupid scary D=

I don't know about anyone else here but I found Markarth to have been much more disturbing than anything in Oblivion save perhaps some of the Dark Brotherhood missions. The Molag and Namira quests were just wrong.

Markarth's a screwed up city in general, Thonar Silver-Blood has(had) the entire Reach under his thumb before the player came along, and depending on what the player does, Thonar either gets killed or keeps control of Markarth.

Aye! The thief folks really know suspense and horror! If it was done in Skyrim... HOLY SH-T! lol

Like in the cradle, sneaking through the shadows... think you're safe, then suddenly going around a corner with one of those "inmates" in your face! You yell HOLY Sh-tbricks WTF HOLY HOLY HOLY! you panic, with your mouse going all over the place and what you feel aint ingame fear... its REAL FEAR! Heh

Hell I miss that feeling so much, or having low health being chased by hammer haunts or inmates so scared of looking back and seeing a horror right in your face when you didn't expect him to be that close to you! lol

Oh... the memories :(

Can't wait for T4 myself! But if someone was to mod such an atmosphere into Skyrim... oh hell!!!

This reminded me...time to check on thief forums again...wasnt there a longer time. :tongue:

I hope they preserve the awesome atmosphere of the series. :D

You ever been walking through a cave/dungeon and then you hear some strange breathing... You turn the corner and don't see anything but instantly a Skeever bights the s*** out of your leg?

Yeah, that always startles the hell out of me.

Also that daedra haunted house in the game freaked me the f out.

What was so scary in Oblivion?

Edited by OnlyOneWing

Video games don't scare me in the slightest.
You should get a copy of 'Amnesia'! I loved playing that game at night, I was pretty much scared thoughout the entire game :)

Just watched a video for Amnesia. I laughed my a** off when the character took off running to a room, shut the door and blocked it with a table. Then proceeded to find a closet to hide in. lol