mod organizer overwrite files

majnoon53

Okay, after I installed Dual Sheath & then the ALODSRP... I have an error message on the left (next to ALODSRP) saying... "no valid game data"! Means... nothing there!

So...???? What I suppose to do now???

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I know (now) what it is...

I installed the "Dual Sheath..." (as STEP suggested), but during the video (installation instructions), the lad had in his list that ALODSRP (and was saying to install after the "Dual Sheath"); that ALODSRP gives more options if you're using several 3rd party armor/weapons - which I DON'T (now), since I'm following STEP!... So, probably the ALODSRP didn't install anything, since I didn't CHECK anything in options setup!

If your following STEP 2.2.9.2 exactly as its listed then you can just simply choose exactly which options they tell you too.

http://wiki.step-project.com/Dual_Sheath_Redux#Recommendations

Meaning you dont need a lot of dual sheath redux patches. Those are only if you are using mods not supported by default.

The video you are referring to is gamer poets. He mentioned the a lot of dual sheath redux patches for people who NEED them.

Just follow the instructions STEP gives you. UNLESS you have added mods or deviated from the guide.

I'm following exactly what LOOT says like a Bible (I've spend over 4 days to be totally sure I'm doing all right)... and I do use patches they using Dual Sheath patch - since I'm going "Advanced STEP", not the "regular" one (and I'm adding my own flavor's mods too, not included in STEP). So, in section [2.N.Patches], STEP telling us to install 5-6 patches - "Dual Sheath" included...

Now... I've downloaded, activated this "Better-Shaped Weapons"... but can't find it in LOOT or MO! I mean, many mods getting installed with different names (ELE, AOS, etc) so they are difficult to be identified. Where is this (mod)?

I need to change it's loading order (and place it after "Dual Sheath...") and can't find the damn thing.

I see it in my mods folder (its there alright), but I can't located in MO & LOOT...
Any help, please?
(Btw,... Ishara,... I'm good so far. None flag whats so ever, no error, nothing - thk God! I made also some personal tweaks in the .ini, since my card is "monster" and supporting them, and I'm testing the game and its fine. I just noticed a NPC's texture miss-match. A woman in Falkreath's Inn, has Nord body and... Orc face?! Hahaha... Don't care so much. But I WOULD, if I'll notice in major characters texture failures)...
Edited by LupusHegemonia

I'm following exactly what LOOT says like a Bible (I've spend over 4 days to be totally sure I'm doing all right)... and I do use patches they using Dual Sheath patch - since I'm going "Advanced STEP", not the "regular" one (and I'm adding my own flavor's mods too, not included in STEP).

Now... I've downloaded, activated this "Better-Shaped Weapons"... but can't find it in LOOT or MO! I mean, many mods getting installed with different names (ELE, AOS, etc) so they are difficult to be identified. Where is this (mod)?

I need to change it's loading order (and place it after "Dual Sheath...") and can't find the damn thing.

I see it in my mods folder (its there alright), but I can't located in MO & LOOT...
Any help, please?

Better shaped weapons is a mesh replacer. it doesnt have an esp.....thats why you dont see it in loot.

Should be in your left pane tho as a mod. Not all mods have esps.

I'm following exactly what LOOT says like a Bible (I've spend over 4 days to be totally sure I'm doing all right)... and I do use patches they using Dual Sheath patch - since I'm going "Advanced STEP", not the "regular" one (and I'm adding my own flavor's mods too, not included in STEP).

I need to change it's loading order (and place it after "Dual Sheath...") and can't find the damn thing. What's the name of it? There isn't any "Better Shaped Weapons" in left pane...

Any help, please?

Better shaped weapons is a mesh replacer. it doesnt have an esp.....thats why you dont see it in loot.

Should be in your left pane tho as a mod. Not all mods have esps.

Thxs for the info. So... how am I suppose to locate it and place it after "Dual S.R", since there isn't an esp for it to see it in MO (left pane, right... where ever! Can't see it).

So... is it installed? Is it activated? Is it... renamed somehow else (because the author is "Wolf" something and many mods are named with their authors' name before their title)?

Edited by LupusHegemonia

Also.... what's/where's the TRUE mods installed number??? In LOOT? (Where it says "Activated mods"?)

Because I don't want to go "too far" and install too many, I want to stop to 225... ('Cause I don't know how to MERGING mods, to reduce the mods' number in the list).

Right now, in my MO left panel - which I haven't finished STEP yet, I have 4-5 to finish), I'm counting 230 mods. In LOOT, says less (installed and activated)... Probably a lot of them are mesh (or other) replacers, that's why so?

Edited by LupusHegemonia

Another question:

When I'm running SKSE.exe (to test the games & mods), after I'll go back to desktop (and the opened MO), always creating a "virtual" SKSE folder in the "Overwrite" bottom folder (and I have the triangle "flag" error on the top right). Since I'm deleting it, the "flag" is gone.
Is this okay? (I assume, when I'll finished the STEP, it would be a proper shortcut to click and play the game, I won't have to doing this over and over again, right?)

Another... "annoying" (funny) issue:

I installed the "Better Males" mod and since I wanted all my NPCs (males, females) to be realistic (nude, not with... brazilian bikini or so!), I picked a nude optional file... but I choose the wrong one (ErectVersion!) and now all my male NPC have... "hard-on" situations (looool) when I looting them!
HAHAHAHA!

So... can I download (again) the "FlaccidVersion" and MERGE it to the current active mod, to replace the... "difficult situation" of my males?! (HAHAHAHA)