mod organizer overwrite files

majnoon53

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't recall if I did something (installing a mod) and changed that, or it was .ini changes.
Well... I'll check it and try to fix myself. Doesn't making any problem to the game, I just don't like when I'm crafting to watching my hands in close up view (1st person) or when I'm doing "KillMove" to see in 1st person (or getting killed and watching it like in real life).

I've finished the FNIS installation...

Now, I want to install "FNIS Sexy Move". I downloaded the file, installed and Activated... Now, obviously, I need to run FNIS to do the same process as I did for the "Fores New Idles Skyrim" (and selected the "X Skeleton" file).

But when I'll finished (and the "Overwrite" will have files in it)... what am I doing? DRAGGING THEM to the existed "FNIS Output" mod I previously created... or I'll do the same process and CREATE A NEW mod called "FNIS Sexy moves 6.1"...????

I just placed them to the previous created FNIS mod.

I've seen the options in MCM, I used the 2nd (less sexy) and the last two (very sexy), but I didn't see sexy move in a couple females (during the execution entry scene) - non soldiers. Perhaps they had the 2nd (less sexy) move (randomly)...

...Now, that final... DynDOLOD. Do I need it? I mean, I don't fully understand what it does.

As I said, you can ignore DynDOLOD if you wish. It takes a while to run and depending upon your system and mod load that could be 10+ minutes per execution (there are two exe files to be ran). It won't hurt your game to not use it.

What DynDOLOD does is allows mod added structures to be visible in the LOD. Instead of suddenly appearing out of nowhere, you can see the mod added buildings in the distance. At the same time, it animates windmills and waterfalls in the LOD, if the dynamic aspect is activated when the exe is ran. It can also help with other objects besides mod added buildings. Many of the rocks will be more visible in the distance. DynDOLOD can even help with the trees to some extent.

I do recommend following the videos step by step when running it the first time. You don't have to have the exact same mods that they use in the video, as all you are wanting to do is pay attention to how they run the tool and not with getting the same look that they have.

If you wish you can create a new MO profile and test DynDOLOD out on a purely stock setup. That might get you comfortable with using it after learning hot to use it on a throw-away profile.

Please!!! I need help with the camera (.ini) values!!! I have these issues:

1. First, after following STEP guide, the 1st person camera is "stacked", I mean in several occasions that the 1st person changing to 3rd (and I want that), now remains in 1st person. For instance, when crafting or dying.

2. The values are not so good; sometimes I see "through" my skull and most important... is way too high (I'm looking above my head - and everyone else's). It's not set on eyes' height but far above them and quite back from the face (that's why I see sometimes "through" my skull.

3. It's quite ZOOMED (the 1st person).

Any .ini values to changed them and fix this issue?

Edited by LupusHegemonia

As I said, you can ignore DynDOLOD if you wish. It takes a while to run and depending upon your system and mod load that could be 10+ minutes per execution (there are two exe files to be ran). It won't hurt your game to not use it.

What DynDOLOD does is allows mod added structures to be visible in the LOD. Instead of suddenly appearing out of nowhere, you can see the mod added buildings in the distance. At the same time, it animates windmills and waterfalls in the LOD, if the dynamic aspect is activated when the exe is ran. It can also help with other objects besides mod added buildings. Many of the rocks will be more visible in the distance. DynDOLOD can even help with the trees to some extent.

I do recommend following the videos step by step when running it the first time. You don't have to have the exact same mods that they use in the video, as all you are wanting to do is pay attention to how they run the tool and not with getting the same look that they have.

If you wish you can create a new MO profile and test DynDOLOD out on a purely stock setup. That might get you comfortable with using it after learning hot to use it on a throw-away profile.

I see - I thought so (what it is). Don't care about it. I don't need to see what lays in... 100 miles away, I'll see it when I'll reach it.

Thxs again, Ishara.

The newer versions of DynDOLOD are much much faster to run. And easier to install.

The script takes like 10 mins now compared to about 40 from when it first was released. If you dont use DynDOLOD you should at least run TexGen.

DynDOLOD also provides a pretty noticeable visual improvement at minimal performance cost. You have a more powerful system than me..........i strongly suggest using it.

STEP doesnt have you edit any camera values as far as i can remember....so not sure where that issues coming from.

I'll see if I use it. EDIT: TexGen is part of the other we're talking about, not different.

(I don't want to spend MORE than 10 minutes - the process is very complicated for a novice modder like me - to have distant objects. In real life YOU DON'T see details more than 600 miles).

Nope, there are several .ini values in STEP guide, check it (not only for camera, for several things BUT ALSO for camera).

Edited by LupusHegemonia

When I did STEP (and the guide hasn't changed any) there were no issues with the camera. I play in 3rd person with first person being for targeting with bow and had no issues. Tho I did use Customizable Camera to change the position from the right side to literally almost over the left shoulder. But that was part of the play-through with a character that was blind in the right eye. Didn't seem right being able to see more on the right side than on the left.

TexGen is provided with DynDOLOD as it is a requirement to run it prior to running DynDOLOD. What TexGen does is takes your current texture files and replaces their LOD variant so that the LOD model looks more similar to the full model. So even without running DynDOLOD, TexGen can make an improvement to your LOD.