mod organizer overwrite files

majnoon53

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The documentation is right there in front of you. Read the description pages, read the articles, read the sticky notes in the comment threads, read all documents supplied with the mod. If necessary, download manually, extract to a clean directory away from the game and navigate the folder structure. Learn what the mod is adding file-wise, see if there are any hidden documents. If there are linked videos, watch them. Take advantage of all the media provided and learn about the mod.

If you spent the time before installing to learn what you needed to do, you wouldn't be wasting time trying to figure out what to do after having done it incorrectly. Many mod authors and users of mods are more than willing to help others use the mod, but you've got to do your homework first.

And it is always best to ask questions of specific mods within the comment thread for that mod, you're more likely to get a response from someone who knows about the mod.

Ishara, ...everybody... I'm reading and watching videos OVER 1 hr before I installed something! I mean it, no kidding.

But, just because the game (and modding it) is 6 yeare old, doesn't mean that EVERYBODY has lot experience or he's special with modding.

There are some new lads (like me) they're not special. And they need DETAILED information.

The "FNIS Sexy Move" page in Nexus has not detailed information for the installation. I had to search Google about half hour to "find something" (info) and understand.

I want to put "Belt Fastened-Quivers" mod in my set.

The ReadMe file of the mod, says it's a stand-alone mode (no .esp), but also saying is not compatible with any mods using skeleton things. I'm using the "X Skeleton" (with FNIS). Will this conflict the "X Skeleton"????

Also, I want to BACKUP my current MO list - since I think is okay, no major problems. Is the best way to COPY THE ENTIRE Mod Organizer folder and if I messed-up things to simply copy/replace the entire MO folder with the one I'll backup??

Okay, now got it. Since I have DSR & X Skeleton, I don't need "Belt Fastened-Q". Okay... but I should see MCM options for the "X Skeleton" (XPMSE)! I don't see something like that, in MCM...!

Also, I want to put OBIS & Realistic Animals and Predators mods. Should I install (via MO) from the regular installation "green buttons" or I need to select a specific Main & Option file for each one of them???

congratulations! first time i see that someone tries (and maybe able) to get a stable skyrim mod organizer installation with over 200 mods including skse, fnis, lod and so on within a few days. this stuff took me weeks while reading all the mod and tool related stuff to get it to work. Edited by xrayy

congratulations! first time i see that someone tries (and maybe able) to get a stable skyrim mod organizer installation with over 200 mods including skse, fnis, lod and so on within a few days. this stuff took me weeks while reading all the mod and tool related stuff to get it to work.

Not to mention after getting it 'stable' and you're into the game by 20 levels or so, something decides that it isn't going to work any more. You have to find the culprit, figure out where it failed and either fix it or remove it completely. If you manage to 'fix' it, maybe you're out only a few hours/levels cause you could fall back onto an older save. If you remove it, gotta start completely over with a new character.

congratulations! first time i see that someone tries (and maybe able) to get a stable skyrim mod organizer installation with over 200 mods including skse, fnis, lod and so on within a few days. this stuff took me weeks while reading all the mod and tool related stuff to get it to work.

Thxs, I guess!... Do be honest, in first I was very-very hurry to do all fast (to play, obviously)... And I f*cked them up! So, I re-installed Skyrim & MO twice! (No mention a couple times before, using the NMM - and totally f*cked them up all, including... STEAM! Don't know how I "did it" that "splendid achievement"!) After these failures, I DID understand (from many users telling me), that the process is BY FAR NOT an easy or FAST one! So, I took my time - over a week! - and study the STEP guide and then, step-by-step, mod-by-mod, video-by-video, I finished the STEP guide)...

Well... it's not stable (totally) actually.

I returned to report the very same CTD, every single time I'm reaching (for first time) the windmill outside Whiterun - from the Riverwood road. Every single time I'm reaching,... CTD!

Also, I installed the "X Skeleton", run the FNIS, all great (shields on the back and knives), but... I don't have the "XPMSE" page on my in-game MCM!!! I realized that this nice horizontal Quivers, can be set-up via "XPMSE" - after "X Skeleton" activation... Well, there isn't any damn "XPMSE" in my MCM! I did it twice again the ("X Skeleton") installation, the mod is active, my shield & knife on the back... but nope, no "XPMSE" on the MCM again!

What the hell I'm doing wrong, now?

Not to mention after getting it 'stable' and you're into the game by 20 levels or so, something decides that it isn't going to work any more. You have to find the culprit, figure out where it failed and either fix it or remove it completely. If you manage to 'fix' it, maybe you're out only a few hours/levels cause you could fall back onto an older save. If you remove it, gotta start completely over with a new character.

I "found" that, with the hard way!...

Yesterday, I thought "what the hell, let's also play a bit the damn thing"... and I "lost myself" (in this amazing Skyrim world) and went to 9 level (in a half day!). BUT... I realized that my "FNIS Sexy Move" IS activated... but not working! So, I lost a couple hours trying fix this mod, with no luck... because I was trying also to make a "Clean Save" and see the mod working (and not loosing my that far game). Which IT COULDN'T be so! I had to RE-START from scratch a NEW game (character creation, "Another Life" etc) and then... "ta-da!"... the "FNIS Sexy Move" was running!

Also... I've spend about... half day, trying to figure out how the hell should I fix the camera that is "fixed" in 1st person, even when I'm mining, crafting, dying, etc! NO luck, what's so ever! The camera is "fixed" on 1st person, I'm watching VERY close zoom-in my hands mining or crafting. I don't like that, I like the Vanilla the way was (changing from 1st to 3rd person)...

Any ideas???