mod organizer overwrite files

majnoon53

This time didn't CTD... but totally "freeze" (the game) - Task Manager wrote "No Responding" (for Skyrim), when I tried to enter for first time in Whiterun!

Surely there is a major problem/bug...

EDIT:

After also a "Clean Save", there is NO way to enter Whiterun! The game "freeze" instantly and not responding! Any ideas???... I'm thinking start all over again (MO modding!). It's a major bug and if I can't fix it, there is no way to play the game, just wondering in the wilds...

Edited by LupusHegemonia

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st person thing... find out what mod you installed which does the first person thing and remove it. Beyond that I don't know. Those types of mods are not my thing so I don't install them or even look at them.

"X skeleton"... Make sure you are using the correct XPMSE. There are two nexus pages. One for the old version and one for the 3.0+ You want the 3.0+ as it has the MCM menu when the included plugin is active. The older version is just the skeleton and is considered out of date, but left up for those who need it for older mods that the newer doesn't work with.

Also it can take a few moments for all the MCM menus to get registered. What I did was start the game, create the character, then just let the game sit while all the mods start up their quests and have their menus registered. In essence wait for all on screen notifications to stop appearing and fully go away, then I'd set up all my options and save before finally talking to the statue to pick my start.

I have no idea about your CTD. If it is consistently in the same spot, could be a bad mesh trying to load or something was deleted by one mod and another is trying to reference it. Could check your mods to see if any need cleaning with xEdit.

ctd can be mod related or system related (insufficient memory etc.). if you follow the step guide most problems (4GB mem patch, enb memory hack, etc.) should be already covered. another thing ist that some users forget to close their browser windows and other unnecessary win32 tasks including anti virus while launching the game. all this stuff together - including some windows tasks - may lead to insufficient amount of memory available for the tesv.exe task. result is always a ctd. you may check that with windows task manager. for a ctd free gameplay you need at least about 3.2 GB free memory in the main 4GB 32bit windows memory area. Edited by xrayy

Thxs again, Ishara.

I think I'll try all over again, from scratch, with this updated/newer guide here (user's):

http://wiki.step-project.com/User:Neovalen/Skyrim_Revisited_-_Legendary_Edition

Keep in mind that that guide you linked is not STEP. There are some similarities but it won't be the same thing. Nor will it necessarily try to achieve the same goals.