Bethseda Softworks will not be fixing the lag problems with skyrim any

erenoth02

My question here is simple, what lag?

I completely built my desktop cheap from www.pricewatch.com and where are the lag problems?... I dont see why others are complaining but I may be one of the lucky ones.

I'm running a Gigabyte mother board with a Amd Athelon cpu with a Nvidia 1gb video card two slots of 512k

so far skyrim running at top specs hasn't shown any lag or slow load times, the game immediately loads up and plays completely smoothly and any load time between areas is in the seconds...

Built:

Win-7 X64 home.

EVGA GTX580 Black Ops, 1.? GB factory overclocked.

Intel I-7 340 CPU, Quadcore, proffesionaly overclocked and tweaked, 2.96 GHZ at factory.

3X Corsair 2GB ram sticks, DDR3, 1666 MHZ.

How does it run? it runs hot, but it runs smooth. No lag, no slowdown. I think if you're having issues, maybe try bumping up your RAM a bit and getting a bigger CPU. You'd be amazed how many companies still think they can get away with tossing in huge GPUs and leaving everything else in the stone age, but in my experience, a CPU and RAM are more important, though that's a bit hypocritical considering my build :) More RAM never hurts, surely. Especialy when you can get a 16 GB kit from Corsair for under $100 now.

Let us say you are not trolling and this is a serious question. Let's say you did not read the uncounted posts in the forums.

The talk is about a lag HUNDREDS of players with modern x64 rigs experience every day. They spent a hell of money on hardware for the game and that monkey company chose to release a console and x32 optimized game. We have almost the year 2012. But because consoles are in their main focus, we have to live with a badly optimized engine. Well not all consoles are in their focus, the PS3 guys have been kicked in the nuts very thoroghly. And even the console players of their new financial overlords (Microsoft) are experiencing trouble. This is possible only in the gaming industry where you are allowed to released unfinished products. Try to imagine that with other products.

And, to your sure amazement, I have chosen to run the game (IF I do play, now I stopped) on my old Core2Duo / Windows XP System. It runs smoother (no kidding) than on my shiny new Hexacore / Win 7 system with 8 Gig of Ram. Ah I forgot that Bethesda forgot the LAA implementation, ah such a pity. Let's wait another 4 weeks for an official answer. But no, they are choosing to rely on modders. Help yourself is Bethesda policy, these cowards.

"How could such a thing be possible?" (to quote a Skyrim guard)...

Let us say you are not trolling and this is a serious question. Let's say you did not read the uncounted posts in the forums.

The talk is about a lag HUNDREDS of players with modern x64 rigs experience every day. They spent a hell of money on hardware for the game and that monkey company chose to release a console and x32 optimized game. We have almost the year 2012. But because consoles are in their main focus, we have to live with a badly optimized engine. Well not all consoles are in their focus, the PS3 guys have been kicked in the nuts very thoroghly. And even the console players of their new financial overlords (Microsoft) are experiencing trouble. This is possible only in the gaming industry where you are allowed to released unfinished products. Try to imagine that with other products.

And, to your sure amazement, I have chosen to run the game (IF I do play, now I stopped) on my old Core2Duo / Windows XP System. It runs smoother (no kidding) than on my shiny new Hexacore / Win 7 system with 8 Gig of Ram. Ah I forgot that Bethesda forgot the LAA implementation, ah such a pity. Let's wait another 4 weeks for an official answer. But no, they are choosing to rely on modders. Help yourself is Bethesda policy, these cowards.

"How could such a thing be possible?" (to quote a Skyrim guard)...

You saying it runs better on your 2 core than on your AMD Phenom II X6 ?

Just wondering as my rig is a X6 @ 3.8g - 16g ram - Dual ATI 5770s - SSD OS - Win7 x64

and I cant compare because my other rig is a amd quad core - 8g ram - single 5770 - sata - win7 x64 (i use as a server for arma2)

Whats the reason the game would run better on an old duo core than a newer quad , hexacore or bulldozer 8 core system ?

How hard is it to make the game work with x64 architecture from where it is at now or with multiple cores all being used ?

Also would it be difficult to make the game use more system ram if its available ?

Sorry for all the questions Im just wondering if they have made a game which Some Pc gamers cant really use because their systems are too powerful ?

Whats the reason the game would run better on an old duo core than a newer quad , hexacore or bulldozer 8 core system ?

How hard is it to make the game work with x64 architecture from where it is at now or with multiple cores all being used ?

Also would it be difficult to make the game use more system ram if its available ?

Sorry for all the questions Im just wondering if they have made a game which Some Pc gamers cant really use because their systems are too powerful ?

Because its tailormade for the Xbox and not optimised for PC use. Its just a port and that's why many of us hate the console hype.

Because its tailormade for the Xbox and not optimised for PC use. Its just a port and that's why many of us hate the console hype.

I was looking for a more technical explanation but thanks anyway

I mean is there a switch that says maxcores = 2 ?

Does the game say maxRAM = 2gig ?

Does the game not look for more than 2 cores for a reason ?

can we not just use a third party thingy ma bob thats forces the game into x64 ?

same with more than 2 cores can we not force the game to use 4 or 6 or 8 cores ?

I realise my questions are pritty dummbed down and the answers are probably very complicated or beth would have done a PC version aswell as a dumbed down version for consoles

Its just .... for an example - I do video editing using a prog called after effects by adobe which is a 32 based system prog but which has a select switch built in that allows rendering using all cores your system has - Myself i can select to use 1 to 6 cores for the render of the edit - If thats possible with 1 prog on a x32 base why isnt it possible with a game using a x32 base ? cant we or they just add a switch at the main option page for pc users ?

Edited by glinkglonk

I realise my questions are pritty dummbed down and the answers are probably very complicated or beth would have done a PC version aswell as a dumbed down version for consoles

No, questions are never dumb. I realised that playing at 1920 res with my modern rig and my 27" monitor gives me more CTD, more stalls, more lags, more bugs. Seriously. I used my other pc, the old one, at 1680 res on a normal 22" monitor with a bit lowered settings and it ran like hell. No sh'tting. When I used the LAA 3rd party patch along with 1.2, dragons started flying backwards and everything went to hell.

I already have been fed up with that and simply quit playing on the big one because Skyrim does not make use of my big hardware anyway. On my small one: NO CTD, no bug (apart from unnerving questbugs) and no lag or stall. Crazy, huh?

Then I realised that the game is boring, after a mere 103 hrs i quit ( FNV counter at over 700!). I'm on MW again, until February or March, when the Construction set will be released.

And having given up the big pc, I have a peaceful atmosphere at home :biggrin:

Hmm well I'm sorry if i have trolled...

But its interesting to know that higher grade systems are having issues, I was thinking about upgrading over xmas with my bonus but I think I might wait to wait until Bethseda hammers out the details, for the moment Skyrim is more important

perhaps i should have posted on the original site but i could be bothered to sign up just to post in support of Bethseda.