Teeny Bops on Skyrim Nexus

clintmich

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pintocat, well it seems to be working so far. Commenters are being very reserved. I'm actually quite surprised! :ninja:

And have received an additional Kudos for taking users preferences into consideration. It's all in the approach :biggrin:

For the first time ever on this site I've taken down an image because of arseholes, it was either that or tell them what I thought of them and drop myself in it, I sure as hell wasn't going to just put up with it.

I have some things that I want to do when the CK comes out, whatever I do end up doing is staying on my hard drive until the morons have moved on.

I never really get much abuse (and for that I'm thankful), but when I do I try to remind myself that it's just all in bits and bytes and I shouldn't get too worked out over it, or that the guy on the other end is just a dumb jock or a 12-year old kid. Internet is a sad place nowadays though. Just go over to the Steam forum and see. Anonymity brings out the worst in people.

Would giving uploaders the option to block individuals from even seeing files and images work? It wouldn't protect those uninterested in bugs or the makers of malicious mods because they would have no way of knowing who to block in advance, what it would do is stop harassment and repeat offenders.

Would giving uploaders the option to block individuals from even seeing files and images work? It wouldn't protect those uninterested in bugs or the makers of malicious mods because they would have no way of knowing who to block in advance, what it would do is stop harassment and repeat offenders.

A repeat offender should be banned if they've been reported..

• 2 weeks later...
Hey, everybody, I know this is kind of an old thread and I'm pretty much just bumping it to state my opinion but I've pretty much been a contributing part of this community (IMO) since I've joined up. I managed to find out about this place completely by accident when Oblivion was starting to fade away right before FO3 was coming in. I've always tried to be a respectful and polite member but I know sometimes my attitude has gotten the better of me in some of my posts and I know I've only got about a dozen or so mods that I've made between all of the Nexus sites but I think there should be some kind of revision to the reputation system. I know there's the report button but when I first joined up I was actually afraid of reporting someone in the fear that if my reporting them seemed biased on my part that I would somehow be punished, which is probably true if I just go around and start reporting all the posts that have bad grammar and poor spelling, yeah, I'll probably be banned but the reason I bring this particular example up is because if I felt that way when I was a new member then probably a lot of other new members feel the same way. So out of fear of repercussions of a "bad" reporting they might not be able to be a part of this community anymore so instead they probably do what I used to do. Just -1 rep the post. So I propose some type of revision to the reputation system where your reputation actually determines if people take your comment seriously or not. Example: I've seen users who have -9 to -14 reps for a single post. That should show up on their account as some sort of negative mark. Now, I know there are some people here who (and this has happened to me personally) will go onto a mod and for some reason they don't like the mod or mod author they'll negatively rep all the posts of the author and any positive comments. Of course, that's semi-counter-acted by only being able to rep 5 posts per day. But, getting back to my original point, I still think there should be some sort of permanent repercussion for negative reputations unless the individual in question can provide physical evidence that it was the work of trolls. Example: A guy posts a stupid/troll comment and for some reason he doesn't get reported but the good people of the community negatively rep his post. After so many negative reps for a single post a report should be filed automatically with a moderator/admin to investigate and take appropriate action. Or if a user/member has a handful of negatively repped posts in a certain time span an official warning/reprimand would be issued to the user by an admin. Anyway, those are just my thoughts, opinions and suggestions. Hopefully, when the next big Steam game comes out a lot of these trollers will go back to wherever they came from. I personally can't stand steam but that's a post for another time.

I know there's the report button but when I first joined up I was actually afraid of reporting someone in the fear that if my reporting them seemed biased on my part that I would somehow be punished, which is probably true if I just go around and start reporting all the posts that have bad grammar and poor spelling,

Reporting for just spelling and grammar would indeed annoy any moderator who might come to the report but probably wouldn't result in anything against you unless you did it often enough. Reporting for other things, like insulting a mod, making trolling comments about a mod, making comments which aren't related to the mod however is what the button is for. I would rather see people reporting things they aren't sure about than see people ignoring obvious violations for fear of some repercussions. You usually have to go far outside what is sensible (reporting comments just to insult staff directly, excessive use of expletives when telling us what we should do with a user, ect) to be penalized for abuse of the report system.

Knowing full well that my input may not be well received-

As a non-modder, but long term member of this community, I've been really distressed by the recent influx of bad behavior. Here in the last week I was down-voted for trying sticking up for a modder after four newbie members called the modder "stupid" and their modding efforts "retarded." The bullying that has become so commonplace here is neither acceptable or what drew members to the nexus community in the first place.

I have tried, very hard, to give feedback which expressed both positive points and constructive criticism of mods, with the understanding that even when a mod has no appeal to me, that the modder did not create the mod with me in mind, and that if I can't say anything nice, to just move on. I have when pressed for more information than I originally shared, tried to give those fuller bug reports. Even months after a bug, if I come across a possible solution or cause, I've returned to report those. Sometimes I have questions that are not answered in the readme, or the answer is not clear, so I will ask those as well. I understand many do not bother reading through the readmes, or previous comments, but many of us do. Yet, I was recently scolded by a modder for not assuming to know what they had planned, and instead asking for confirmation. Still other members try to ask questions, or give supportive feedback, but lack the base-language to convey their thoughts decisively and clearly, and that does not make them trolls, it means there is a language barrier between modder and downloader.

However, after reading through the comments in this forum, members like myself should apparently not comment, or ask questions for any mod, because feedback, even when coming from a place of support and appreciation, can sound like "pure trolling" or "sugarcoated" trolling. Somehow, that idea makes me sad and cheapens the entire concept of the nexus community.

However, after reading through the comments in this forum, members like myself should apparently not comment, or ask questions for any mod, because feedback, even when coming from a place of support and appreciation, can sound like "pure trolling" or "sugarcoated" trolling. Somehow, that idea makes me sad and cheapens the entire concept of the nexus community.

I can only say you're wrong in this assumption. Such perceived-but-not-intended "trolling" rarely ever gets banned. In most cases it's the tone someone's using rather than the message brought across which got the user banned for trolling.

Read up the "banned users" posts where moderators provide evidence and cause for why a user got banned. You will not find a single one getting rid of wasn't for the best.

I'd actually call posts such as this "fear mongering"... if I was to use such expressions that is. If it wasn't for the feedback I received on my first WIP screenshots asking me to release my stuff, I'd never have come to the actively releasing side of the community to begin with. As soon as there won't be any feedback at all anymore, there won't be any of my mods released to the public either. I for one welcome any kind of feedback I receive, for this is the only cause for my mods being hosted here. And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one. So, could people please stop making others "afraid" of commenting in general for not to risk getting banned? :confused:

(On a sidenote, it takes far more than breaking every single rule of the Nexus TOS to even remotely offend me or hurt my feelings the slightest. Not all modders are that way, sure, but not all are the other extreme either.)