Way past the advertised 100 hours in

Michlo

I have 216 hours clocked on my first character. I have 58 hours on my Battle Mage character and then I have about 22 hrs on my thief. And I am still enjoying the heck out of this game. I am still finding new things to do with my oldest character. I didn't even start pursuing the main quest until I was about level 36. There was just to many other things I wanted to do. And plus I thought it would be better to just halt the main quest for a little while and become familiar with the landscape, the towns, crafting, and all the other new additions in this game before diving headfirst into the main quest. Pretty much just get my bearings and stuff.

The farthest I got into the main quest before stopping was where you fight your first dragon outside of Whiterun and then go talk to the Greybeards so that I could get the second word of power for Unrelenting Force. Then once I did that, I just stopped there. I had dragons that were spawning so that I could get their souls while also working with Guilds and doing the many side quests that are out there while discovering more Shouts and words of power along the way. That was pretty much how I went about doing my first play-through. Now here I am hundreds of hours, and hundreds of quests later, including and amazing main quest and still going. Now I can't wait for the Creation Kit to be released and then really see what can be done with this game. There is just so much content here for modders to work with. I can't wait to see what will be done.

Also, has anyone heard of the new Total Conversion mod for Oblivion? I'm not talking about Nehrim, but a new one that was supposed to be released sometime after the launch of Skyrim. Will any of you pop in that old Oblivion disk to check it out? I know I will.

-Elsarian

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the link to the conversion mods website:Andoran: Prologue

Thanks for the replies. Good to see so many in the same boat. :)

I can't do the multiple character thing. I find I lose interest in the first if I make a second.

I quite agree about the exploring / scope of the map. I'm still astonished at how much they've crammed in there. I go into the furthest reaches where I expect to find little and come across four points of interest (caves, etc.) all the time. I still have a few big blank spots on the map I know will have surprises.

Of course, once we get more complex mods after the creation kit the life of this game will be extended indefinitely. I can't wait for a lovely big castle as I had in Oblivion. :)

Cheers.

Well 200 hour play lvl 70 hero. Started out maxing 2h, then swap to destruction, now I am using a bow. I did not know you had a choice to kill the Dark brotherhood. I just decided to kill all of the hostages since each one could had done something to have a hit on them. Only 2 city areas left with multiple quest for me to explore Marakarth and the city below it. Due to that bug with the guards infinite dialog loop, my bounty is at 50k or so with Marakarth.

210 hours and level 51 here. I like exploring the map but it appears that I am running out of new map markers. Only followed the main quest to just past the Thalmor embassy part and am going to continue to take my time on it. Just joined the Dark Brotherhood, I was going to hold off on joining some of the guilds on the first playthrough but I think that the Thieves guild is all that remains. I cant picture a giant Nord, heavy armor, knocking down doors and laying waste to everything character as a stealthy thief. Didnt plan to join the Bards either but ended up doing so just to get rid of three quests items in my inventory that I was tired of lugging around. Hopefully the CK will be out before too long so we can start customizing big, I keep scouting around the map looking for a good player home location.

Hell yeah. I'm 60 hours in and have only completed College of Winterhold quests. Mostly just been exploring. I'll probably be playing for years.

I am pretty sure that we all will lol. I am currently looking to put skryrim down for a bit and see what the modders will do to it. By putting it down, I mean that I want to give it a rest for a little while and not get to burned out with the vanilla game and play some other games at the same time. Specifically games like Rage, Battlefield 3, Metro 2033 and games like that. Simply because I am getting a new video card soon and I want to play some more system demanding games and such. But I will be playing Skyrim for the years to come. I played Oblivion for five years. Yes that long. So, seeing that Skyrim is a thousand times better, yeah I will be here for a while XD