CBBE

Rennn

Ginnyfizz: Nope, you haven't, but a couple others here have. No worries, just hoping to get good feedback from them instead.

Ugh, though :wallbash: --- apologies to others out there who are having their hard work insulted ... I certainly don't condone such a thing and hope people who are doing it (my supporters or anyone) please refrain from doing so!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it quite interesting that you scold people for criticising the CBBE and then go on to say that "It's scads better than anything of this sort I've seen for Fallout 3". Therefore by implication denigrating the work of modders such as Exnem, Dimon99 and Growlf. You are doing precisely what you criticise in others.

I am not at all confused by the OP, whose intention was, as far as I can see, to express the concern that it is rather early to be labelling any body as the standard and to be pushing out a ton of clothing conversions. One of the problems that I have pointed out with the body is that it has an altered UV map, and that I would like to see a body that plays nice with the vanilla UV if possible, so that a variety of outfits/textures can be used. That's why I feel it is unfair to state that it is better than other bodies which did play nice with the vanilla UV.

I have not seen anyone calling for either obese or anorexic body types in here.

My ire got the better of me, it's just an all too familiar path that leads to alienating modders. Admittedly, I haven't even thought about Fallout (much less played it) in months so if significant gains have been made there I couldn't say, however I'm unaware of any body replacer that came on to the scene that was as good as CBBE just a scant few weeks after release. Caliente and others are doing something 'now' in a relatively short amount of time so who knows what can be accomplished after January. I'm just happy that a base mesh looks this good so early and people are getting involved outfitting it...why is this a bad thing? The valid problems will probably get sorted out in time, nobody has slapped a "final" tag on their stuff yet, and if not, all's not lost...it was a learning experience to apply to their next project. That said, my lapse into hypocrisy was inexcusable, many pardons, Miss.

My problem wasn't with the OP or you, per se. Just the folks that come on and say it's "bad" or "horrible" without qualifying the argument...legitimately. A body type argument is not valid IMO, that's far too subjective and easy to remedy by ignoring the mod...so incidentally, that's the one that pisses me off. I was bringing up the extremes in body type to state that you can't please everyone...one mod won't. I apologise if my post was a little 'outbursty', but nothing gets to me faster than the inexperienced or unacclaimed trying to drag down something potentially cool in it's infancy.

What bothers me about CBBE, currently using the Slim version with fixed AA sizes (which is more like C, really - no options for anything even more subtle/reduced? Eg. a much smaller/flatter posterior would be nice)

1. The stance is highly unnatural, looks like spine is deformed from the side. I'd prefer my women standing up straight.

2. The body seems too small/childish for my characters. It looks like the head of a full grown woman on the body of a teenager. Very uncanny/unsettling.

Reverted to vanilla + heavily modified 4uDIK's, it's simply the best at this stage.

Edited by xorchan

i don't like CBBE at all, mainly couse a fat ass isn't my thing, and the breasts are awefull, i mean, my gf has a D cup and hers look less like bags then CBBE brings (although mostly most armor mods show this, so it might be becouse of that). second reason that made me dislike the CBBE mod is that a LOT of nice armors are made JUST for CBBE, some modders make non-CBBE versions when requested, but majority says "go try and see if it looks good for you" (wich it doesn't). if CBBE (as it is now) becomes the standard for armors, i'll keep away from armors in the future

but all in all, we'll see what he/she will do with the CK, what other body meshes/textures come and so on.

and to calliente, if you could do a version with the vanilla body, but perhaps a little larger breast size, i think lots of ppl would be pleased

Edited by JohannMohr

Not sure why there is so many negative Opinions of the current CBBE mod by Caliente.

Correct me if I'm wrong but there are really only 3 seperate body meshes available atm. The Vanilla , Calientes, and the Tnt/Thorpac.With the latter 2 having multiple choices of their own defined shapes.

i beleive there is also a couple WIP meshes from others.With the current infancy of skyrim modding, i think both these Modders have out done themselves within such a short amount of time.

IMO the Caliente CBBEv2 is a wonderful body mesh choice, and by far, out does its predecessor the v1.

Hello everyone.

-snipped to save space-

Thanks,

Caliente

Oh I love it when modders are levelheaded and open-minded. *gives a hug to Caliente*

Well the good news is you achieved exactly what you intended: CBBE is great for those wanting more exaggerated proportions, quite reminiscent of HGEC, and the first well-presented significantly-redone body mesh. The response you've gotten from the community as far as downloads and modders adding support for your body makes it clear people like it. Regardless of the future or any concerns of us now, I'd say you've made a positive contribution to the Skyrim modding community. :) Oh, and especially kudos for the slim body; I like that you've responded to feedback with a secondary option.

For now, I'll be waiting to see what other body mods crop up; none have truly satisfied me yet. I'm hoping that we'll be able to figure out ways to have more than two meshes to morph between, or set up more than one morph slider.

Perhaps it'll be a while until one body mod shines above all others, and until then it'll be a quagmire (Awwwright.) of variations, armors and compatibility, of which CBBE is only the first. 'Tis just the nature of the community. Considering the vanilla mesh is so good already, I do wish armor/clothing creators would stick to it as the standard until the body mod competition gets going! Converting things to CBBE is fine, but I'd rather not have it be expected when we're so early in the body-making process.

Edited by Omnimmotus

Ginnyfizz: Nope, you haven't, but a couple others here have. No worries, just hoping to get good feedback from them instead.

Ugh, though :wallbash: --- apologies to others out there who are having their hard work insulted ... I certainly don't condone such a thing and hope people who are doing it (my supporters or anyone) please refrain from doing so!

Hi, Just wanted to say I am a fan, My Aela looks awesome in the Skimpy Forsworn armor along with the Spellbreaker and Dawnbreaker. With a circlet equipped too she looks spot on. I regularly browse for CBBE compatible mods. I also have it set too overly huge. But thats my thing :rolleyes:

Keep up the good work :thumbsup: Most appreciated. I just need to remember to hide Aela when my real wife is around lol. but then she's CBBE too :biggrin:

First: Big kudos to the modder and this mod, and everybody that comes with feedback the modder can use.

Have been using different body mods since early Oblivion times, and we will see that some modders focus on the texture of the body, some on the mesh, some on size, etc etc....

My point is, everybody has different taste of how a body should look like. So people needs to chill and wait until a modder comes by that can make something up his/her ally. Or make it yourself...

The mod is free, be humble...

Hi folks! thank you for the feedback, those who took the time to do so. Certainly happy to hear more!

-xorchan: I'll look at an even smaller breast than AA in the future... haven't heard many requests for that, but certainly is a valid wish.

1) The stance you mention is partly a factor of the idle animation. While far superior to previous Bethesda female idle animations, it is still a fairly awkward stance for a female. That said, the spine does have a large amount of curve, and could possibly use a little shifting to straighten it, I'll investigate possibilities.

2) The torso is significantly smaller than the vanilla body, (which to me feels unnaturally bulky). I don't get the same uncanny feeling you do when looking at the size, but there's a good chance it's just because I'm used to looking at it at this stage. (Also, the size is modeled after the HGEC bodies of yore, so it would have been the same problem those had.) This one might be tough to address satisfactorily, but I'm willing to try.

- Johann: Thanks for the feedback. A big ass is one of the points of the mod, and I understand that isn't everyone's taste. Smaller easily feels 'mannish' to me, but a version may be forthcoming in the future that shrinks it down and maintains femininity.

I unfortunately can't help what armor makers make, but that's why I'm trying to hurry and get proportion variations out there before everyone standardizes on an unnatural variant that alienates people. I think the slim version has good popularity and may very well see a good number of mods.

With regards to making a vanilla body size: Your wish is my command. Please take a look at the new optional file in my CBBE mod download (http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2666). It attempts to mimic proportions of the vanilla body with what I hope are more natural breasts. Being the very first version in that size, I've not had a lot of time to walk around in it to see if it feels right, so please let me know if I've missed the mark.

Note that version retains the UV's and weighting of CBBE, which means CBBE textures and normals will work with it, and various animation glitches of vanilla have been corrected. Because of this, please be sure to install CBBE or CB Slim before the new vanilla version so that appropriate textures are available. (I recommend the slim version for softer shadows)

Omnimmotus: Thank you, and you're welcome:) Multiple body sliders do not appear to be in the cards, judging by how the sliders work (simply tweening between two sizes of the same mesh), but something fortuitous may arrive

To everyone else, thanks for the comments!

-Caliente