⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

CBBE

Rennn

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a little confused by this thread: The simplest answer to all of this is not to install CBBE if it's not to your taste. If the vanilla bodies work for you, fine, why is the topic even being approached? Surely it's not to shout-down a pre-CK accomplishment or to chastise a community for supporting it... Not sure if any of you have the credentials to throw stones anyway.

Do you feel that the modder should spend his/her time doing something 'you' enjoy? Rather selfish, don't you think? We're not talking about a product you are paying for so that, ethically, should limit complaints to a minimum. This can't be lumped in as constructive criticism as most of the comments are just venomous only for the sake of it. They offer no solution or meaningful discourse at all.

What i've gathered by reading the bulk of these posts: "I don't like big boobs or hips or exaggerated features and no one else in their right mind should either because it's not realistic- oh and BTW this modder is not as good as some legend of yore who has yet to release anything". Pointless, people. If you don't like it don't use it and don't try to justify your reasons to the rest of us, because at the end of the day no one really cares...except (perhaps) to the modder you insult and that's to the detriment of the people that enjoy their work....which outnumber you. Realism...it's a game...refer to the simplest solution.

All of you that are griping, start a support group touting anorexic/unremarkable/obese body-types, PM each other...or better yet, go mod for yourselves to get some perspective. Not very conducive to a "community" to let negativity run the show. yeah yeah- right to say whatever you want to-yadda yadda-forget all that; be courteous or at least civil...failing that, remain quiet and wait for your personal mod messiahs to deliver you a body replacement mod that gives women the features (or lack thereof) you adore.

Caliente: Thank you for sacrificing your game time to bring your aesthetic spin to this community, version 2 is outstanding and versatile. I hope that after the CK comes out there will be a way to use all the sub-types in the game world to get the full scope of the variety in your project (meaning slim to silly huge/ yeah people he has a slim model as well). I belive one poster said this already: It's scads better than anything of this sort I've seen for Fallout 3+. Please ignore the haters.

It seems like CBBE, if the original file continues to get support, is on it's way to being the Skyrim version of HGEC bodies. Personally it's a bit disappointing because of the overly clean skin and the overly large breasts, but it's still exciting to see the Skyrim modding community develop. That's it really. CBBE is looking like it's going to 'win' for the most supported body mod, unless a big name like Xenius comes in and blows everyone away.

Maybe it's too early to tell though.

CBBE is the Skyrim version of Eshme's body. Awful but because it's the only thing out there it's the one everyone supports. Like someone else said earlier it took a long time for Exnem to come along with his body, which really set the standard, although Robert's male and female were the only alternate bodies I ever actually liked in Oblivion.

As far as Skyrim, I don't see any need for a replacement body, the male and female bodies are overall excellent. There are details that can be improved, like the feet with the weird toe texture thing happening, but that is already being done.

I am not sure why people think that the CK is necessary to produce a new body mesh and textures. It isn't. I am sure that there are probably modders working on body mods, but not wanting to get a release out until it is ready. The CK would only come into play if someone wished to attempt to add some more body modification sliders, and even were that possible, it might be tricky to implement.

I think if people are cool with this mesh and they like it, then they should go ahead and use it. I also respect the work of the author Caliente in having a go at this mod. However, I do not think that the body should become the standard, because I would prefer something that still uses the vanilla UV and therefore does not require a whole lot of conversions of even the vanilla armor. And I also wish that advocates of this mod, who do like it as they are entitled to do, would also not trash the work of other modders. Here's an example from Goliatron;-

"It's already better than anything we got in FO3/NV. If you want it dirty, make a dirty texture. But you actually have huge issues with the shape of the mesh? Really? Tell me why."

Well Type 3 was an excellent body mod. And respect the effort of Caliente as I do, speaking as a curvaceous woman myself, my personal opinion is that it is still not for me.

For once I would agree with Ghogiel in that the vanilla body is not at all bad, but I personally feel that the boobs are a weird shape when nude.

Incidentally, I am never sure where the stereotype in gaming of the "skinny lean muscled huntress" ever came from. The term "huntress" suggests someone who is an accomplished archer. It has been referred to by another poster in a thread about armor, and I can confirm that from experiences from participating in archaeological projects, that archers in fact were beefy individuals. Examination of the skeleton of an archer from the battle of Towton in the earlier English Civil War (the 15th C one)confirms that. I am experienced in modern archery and a strapping lass, but I can tell you that a medieval longbow requires about 90lbs force to draw it, not easy. Therefore, your huntresses really should be pretty Amazonian.

Now that you say it, it doesn't make sense for a huntress to be lean. That aside, each to his own realy.

And yes, a system like that will be at least tricky. Most of you have probably seen APB's insane character customization (

). And even that is limited for good reason, armor meshes can only warp so far before they look simply wrong.

Yet, I had hoped a system in Skyrim much like it, but it's not sadly, however armors do warp nicely with the weight slider and to me that hints that more warping is possible.

I'm a little confused by this thread: The simplest answer to all of this is not to install CBBE if it's not to your taste. If the vanilla bodies work for you, fine, why is the topic even being approached? Surely it's not to shout-down a pre-CK accomplishment or to chastise a community for supporting it... Not sure if any of you have the credentials to throw stones anyway.

Do you feel that the modder should spend his/her time doing something 'you' enjoy? Rather selfish, don't you think? We're not talking about a product you are paying for so that, ethically, should limit complaints to a minimum. This can't be lumped in as constructive criticism as most of the comments are just venomous only for the sake of it. They offer no solution or meaningful discourse at all.

What i've gathered by reading the bulk of these posts: "I don't like big boobs or hips or exaggerated features and no one else in their right mind should either because it's not realistic- oh and BTW this modder is not as good as some legend of yore who has yet to release anything". Pointless, people. If you don't like it don't use it and don't try to justify your reasons to the rest of us, because at the end of the day no one really cares...except (perhaps) to the modder you insult and that's to the detriment of the people that enjoy their work....which outnumber you. Realism...it's a game...refer to the simplest solution.

All of you that are griping, start a support group touting anorexic/unremarkable/obese body-types, PM each other...or better yet, go mod for yourselves to get some perspective. Not very conducive to a "community" to let negativity run the show. yeah yeah- right to say whatever you want to-yadda yadda-forget all that; be courteous or at least civil...failing that, remain quiet and wait for your personal mod messiahs to deliver you a body replacement mod that gives women the features (or lack thereof) you adore.

Caliente: Thank you for sacrificing your game time to bring your aesthetic spin to this community, version 2 is outstanding and versatile. I hope that after the CK comes out there will be a way to use all the sub-types in the game world to get the full scope of the variety in your project (meaning slim to silly huge/ yeah people he has a slim model as well). I belive one poster said this already: It's scads better than anything of this sort I've seen for Fallout 3+. Please ignore the haters.

I find it quite interesting that you scold people for criticising the CBBE and then go on to say that "It's scads better than anything of this sort I've seen for Fallout 3". Therefore by implication denigrating the work of modders such as Exnem, Dimon99 and Growlf. You are doing precisely what you criticise in others.

I am not at all confused by the OP, whose intention was, as far as I can see, to express the concern that it is rather early to be labelling any body as the standard and to be pushing out a ton of clothing conversions. One of the problems that I have pointed out with the body is that it has an altered UV map, and that I would like to see a body that plays nice with the vanilla UV if possible, so that a variety of outfits/textures can be used. That's why I feel it is unfair to state that it is better than other bodies which did play nice with the vanilla UV.

I have not seen anyone calling for either obese or anorexic body types in here.

but I personally feel that the boobs are a weird shape when nude.

That is true.

It's true for the old modified vanilla mesh, but is it also true for the new mesh that has double the poly count and that comes in several variations including 'normal' proportions?

ps

Never mind. I misunderstood, thinking the comment was about CBBE.

I do agree the vanilla mesh is not bad at all, except for a few issues that have been mentioned.

Edited by rpawn

that I would like to see a body that plays nice with the vanilla UV if possible, so that a variety of outfits/textures can be used.

This is the entire crux of the super make any body shape but have only one uber topology and standard UV map and just project different mesh shapes, if done with vanilla it makes it the most compatible replacer that still works with all vanilla meshes and textures.

The idea is that you only need 1 topology and 1 UV map standard, whether that standard is vanilla isn't really the total point. Though I would do it that way as it makes much less faffing about. It's about as all in one as you can get really.

But well everyone must have their own UVs and incompatibilities it seems. The result would look like any one of the body replacers but would in fact be a vanilla mesh with vanilla UVs. you wouldn't really be able to tell. I would add some extra loops to the vanilla body certainly. But that wouldn't actually make anything in the vanilla outfits incompatible. Just make projections work better.

One day...

but I personally feel that the boobs are a weird shape when nude.

That is true.

It's true for the old modified vanilla mesh, but is it also true for the new mesh that has double the poly count and that comes in several variations including 'normal' proportions?

vanilla doesn't have boobs.. which is a pretty weird shape to me. :tongue:

I'm just ignoring modified and custom meshes atm. I've looked a t few, and I'm just going to wait for more and hopefully better stuff.

Edited by Ghogiel

Hello everyone.

Haven't spent much time in the regular nexus forums, so I apologize if I seem silent to valid criticisms.

CBBE was never meant to be a 'realistic' replacement for the vanilla body. It started as an experiment to see how far I could stretch the original proportions, with a target of closely approximating the shape of my favorite oblivion body mesh, HGEC. I ended up liking what I got. The vanilla body is actually relatively good for the purposes of realistic proportions -- I made mine because I like 'fantasy' proportions. The UVs are kept quite similar, I felt some tweaking was necessary to support detail in areas that are downplayed in the vanilla (because they're covered...), by far the major difference is the breast area.

The proportions are outlandish in the base edition. I think the 'slim' edition brings them more in line with a natural, pear-shaped body style. I've had as many requests for more unrealistic proportions as I've had for more realistic ones (actually since the slim version came out, I haven't heard very many requests for more realistic...).

I'm well aware that I'm not the best artist to create mods for skyrim, (or oblivion or fallout, etc) but I hope to improve what I'm offering so that it isn't grotesque. Please, in the future, instead of simply stating that my work is bad and proclaiming the superiority of someone else's, please try to be explicit about what I've done wrong. What did you like about HGEC that you don't like about mine? What did Exnem do that I've failed to provide? Dimon, Roberts, Growlf? Keep in mind that those bodies all had their detractors, so your opinion might not be shared by everyone... so no fights :)

Overall, I hope that eventually everyone gets a body replacer that they really like; whether that be mine or someone else's.

Thanks,

Caliente

I have not stated that your work is bad, Caliente. Unfortunately people who are big fans of your work have taken it on themselves to start effectively trashing the work of other modders, thereby doing precisely what you do not like being done to your mod.