Announcing our newest staff member, Jim, aka Terrorfox1234

Dark0ne

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #43132740.

EnaiSiaion wrote:
Similarly, from my time running these sites over the past years, it’s clear that there are many misconceptions about the Nexus that are hard to shake off on the wider web. Not least, that we only host mods for Bethesda games. This obviously isn’t the case at all

Tbh I think it should be. Aside from M&B and Dragon Age (of which Dragon Age edges ahead of Morrowind in downloads, but not uploads) and maybe DS, the non-Bethesda mod sites are dead and each of them has fewer downloads total than Aurora of all things. The highlight is Star Trek Armada 2, which has one third as many downloads as uploads.

I imagine maintaining this graveyard takes time, and Bethesda is trying hard to steal the Nexus' lunch money, indicating that the Nexus isn't in a position to bargain. Maybe becoming a Bethesda fansite would strengthen the Nexus' position?

I think a part of this is that Bethesda offers more robust modding tools than other devs. Beyond that it's a just a lack of awareness that modding for half these games is even a thing (that's where I come in!).

I would like to see the other Nexus communities expand and grow. Perhaps they will never reach the magnitude of BethSoft modding communities, but there is certainly room for growth. :)

In response to post #43131225. #43132140, #43132355 are all replies on the same post.

TerrorFox1234 wrote: Hey everyone! Thanks for the introduction, Robin. Firstly, I'd like the record to show that Robin said something nice about me. It's a rare and momentous occasion!

On a more serious note, I am absolutely thrilled to be joining the Nexus team in this role. I've spent the last few years immersing myself in various modding communities, learning all I can, and doing my best to help everyone and make the community a more positive place. This new position grants an opportunity to do this on a much greater scale.

As Robin explained, my position will be mostly outward facing. Bringing in new creators and users, planning and executing community wide events, and acting as a sort of “ambassador” between Nexus and other gaming communities all fall under the umbrella of my role here.

Here's to forward progress and the start of this new adventure!

Jim (TerrorFox1234/TF)
PyroToaster wrote: YOOOOO MAN IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EnaiSiaion wrote: I want to see that application of yours. :)

Thanks!

In response to post #43131225. #43132140, #43132355, #43137975 are all replies on the same post.

TerrorFox1234 wrote: Hey everyone! Thanks for the introduction, Robin. Firstly, I'd like the record to show that Robin said something nice about me. It's a rare and momentous occasion!

On a more serious note, I am absolutely thrilled to be joining the Nexus team in this role. I've spent the last few years immersing myself in various modding communities, learning all I can, and doing my best to help everyone and make the community a more positive place. This new position grants an opportunity to do this on a much greater scale.

As Robin explained, my position will be mostly outward facing. Bringing in new creators and users, planning and executing community wide events, and acting as a sort of “ambassador” between Nexus and other gaming communities all fall under the umbrella of my role here.

Here's to forward progress and the start of this new adventure!

Jim (TerrorFox1234/TF)
PyroToaster wrote: YOOOOO MAN IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EnaiSiaion wrote: I want to see that application of yours. :)
TerrorFox1234 wrote: Thanks!

@Enai it's just my modeling portfolio from the summer of '98