Rubbish patches

Lehcar

I have a theory as to why they keep breaking their word and delaying the release of the CK. They're just like Bioware, their "patches" are rubbishy and introduce a LOT of new problems, while barely fixing any of the old ones. They know that they're no good at it and they would be embarrassed if they released the mod tool and us users started patching their game better than they can.

Dragons flying backwards = colossal, epic failure.

I seriously wonder how much beta testers are actually valued or used in the video gaming industry. A lot of games these days have major, glaringly obvious technical problems that any beta testers couldn't have possibly failed to notice. Like here - seriously, how can anyone fail to notice dragons flying backwards?! It's also like in DAO, where the endgame sequence and epilogue was almost completely broken (which the devs never addressed in any of their patches). Beta testers, we need you! :(

Edited by Lehcar

idk about all that... but I am beginning to wonder if they put a lot of time in to testing these things before they release them...

The biggest issue for me (besides the definite crashing...) is since they altered the speed of the Y axis, whenever I look diagonally it kind of gives a jagged motion because the speeds no longer go over smoothly with each other...

I have a theory as to why they keep breaking their word and delaying the release of the CK. They're just like Bioware, their "patches" are rubbishy and introduce a LOT of new problems, while barely fixing any of the old ones. They know that they're no good at it and they would be embarrassed if they released the mod tool and us users started patching their game better than they can.

I seriously wonder how much beta testers are actually valued or used in the video gaming industry. A lot of games these days have major, glaringly obvious technical problems that any beta testers couldn't have possibly failed to notice. Like here - seriously, how can anyone fail to notice dragons flying backwards?! It's also like in DAO, where the endgame sequence and epilogue was almost completely broken (which the devs never addressed in any of their patches). Beta testers, we need you! :(

:turned:

One thing about that, backwards dragons. came in with 1.2 which didn't give them much time to test. What i think they should do is relax take a bit of time to go over all the issues and get them fixed. also we the user's need to stop nagging at them over the stuff they know. There is nothing more annoying than hearing the same bsing reply to fix this or what they need to do. within a hour or two i am sure they know whats going wrong and needs fixing. Then you have several thousand people complaining so you must release a patch to fix things asap to hope it pleases them. but in which it seems to cause more for others and very few with no problems. To get success takes hard work, knowing what needs to be done, and learning from fails/mistakes.

:whistling: Sig.

I think that removing resistances from the game ba accident was worse failiure than the dragons. Even tho flying around backwards and then suddenly dying midair without being hit was pretty cool too.

1. They are so incompetent that they can't help it. Or test it.

2. They don't give a s**t, so they just randomly release stuff so they can say "released 2 patches in just the first month"

3. They think it's funny to watch people fight over it, so they do it on purpose

4. They panic because of what people and mags say about them and make a lot of mistakes (tho that re-routes back to 1.)

5. ... There is a goblin that dances on keyboard just before they release patches and screws it up.

Well. Take your pick.

I think the Ck is delayed because they decided to integrate it with Steam, but didn't work out how and the legal stuff in advance.

Edited by elvinkun

:turned:

One thing about that, backwards dragons. came in with 1.2 which didn't give them much time to test. What i think they should do is relax take a bit of time to go over all the issues and get them fixed. also we the user's need to stop nagging at them over the stuff they know. There is nothing more annoying than hearing the same bsing reply to fix this or what they need to do. within a hour or two i am sure they know whats going wrong and needs fixing. Then you have several thousand people complaining so you must release a patch to fix things asap to hope it pleases them. but in which it seems to cause more for others and very few with no problems. To get success takes hard work, knowing what needs to be done, and learning from fails/mistakes.

:whistling: Sig.

The only problem is they arent really learning from their mistakes, these several thousand posts about the same things are there, becouse they arent doing anything about them and often break even that what was working.

Like with lots of this stuff people are saying. from testing on all systems. and from friends they haven't encountered many of these issues. " backwards dragons, not looting dragon souls, and their spazzing bodies or whatever." so what i see is when they fix that, people that don't have issues now do.

only ones i can prove are the book shelves and a memory leak causing crashes. :wallbash:

I can see many different views on this. going from opinion " Get what you give " can be taken many different ways but don't give them .... because of an issue or not it might come back around and get you. :biggrin:

( more negative given out the more comes. just trying to say relax in a way. You can work better and get things right in a relaxed state, but once there is thousands of things come knocking, things happen and fast. ) :facepalm:

My view and thoughts on how to get it right. Its hard to explain in a way, but yea... :ermm:

will the post be locked?

Edited by Guss

companies only learn when pushed into it, otherwise they'll continue to be lazy, produce poor products, and have generally low to zero QC/QA. if no one complains then to them, they're doing fine, no reason to improve. same with fans who ignore flaws in a product or make excuses for them, easier to listen to people who tell you you're great and perfect than people who tell you you're doin' it wrong.

Bethesda have always had a quality control problem, they're well aware of it but rather than address the issue they send out Todd the Liar to reassure people with BS like this. As for the 1.2 patch on the PC and 360 they have no excuse for that at all, PS3 users had reported those problems two days earlier when they got the patch yet Bethesda preferred to break peoples game rather than pull what was obviously a broken patch. They've really taken "Release now, fix later" way too far, I have a journal full of quests that I can't complete and won't be able to until the new year, for a AAA title that really isn't good enough.

Bethesda have always had a quality control problem, they're well aware of it but rather than address the issue they send out Todd the Liar to reassure people with BS like this. As for the 1.2 patch on the PC and 360 they have no excuse for that at all, PS3 users had reported those problems two days earlier when they got the patch yet Bethesda preferred to break peoples game rather than pull what was obviously a broken patch. They've really taken "Release now, fix later" way too far, I have a journal full of quests that I can't complete and won't be able to until the new year, for a AAA title that really isn't good enough.

I love your cat pictures. :thumbsup: