CK Not Working

2much4l1

Getting a crash at start up. "Creation Kit 2.0 has stopped working". Contacted support and did all the usual stuff, verify, remove inis, updates etc, but no joy. I used it awhile ago so I guess an update broke something for me. Any ideas? Is the CK working for you?

Does it crash as soon as you open it, without loading any mods or the game esm files, or does it only crash when you open an esm or esp file?

One thing I found that causes repeatable CTD when starting the CK was having a video capture/FPS monitoring software such as FRAPS running in the background. So check your background apps.

Also, if you create any new folders under "DATA/SCRIPTS/...", for example a backup folder with scripts you don't want to use, it will crash the CK every time. So make sure your scripts folders are free of any clutter.

If it crashes when you open a mod, it could be that there's a bad mesh or texture being loaded.

Thanks for the reply steve40! It crashes as soon as I start the app. My scripts folder has a bunch of .pex files, fragments folder and a source folder. No video capture apps. I'll try removing the scripts folder and see what happens.

Edit: No joy.