Open-Faced Helmets

Madcat221

I have done some mesh choppin' to the Ebony Helmet, to make it open-faced. It loads in-game fine...

... But there's a problem. I cannot for the life of me figure out what subrecord in the ARMO or ARMA records controls face and helmet hair visibility.

I've tried the BODT records in both of them, splicing in the records from the Blades Helmet as a basis. I've made sure all data in the ebony helmet NIF matches the basis reference (again the blades helmet NIF).

Still nothing. I'm not sure if it's a module problem, a NIF problem, or both.

So... if anyone better than me at module record hex-poking figures out how to render helmets visible, you will... well... have the adulation of all of us since me and/or other modelers can now make the ebony/steelplate/other helmets open-faced at long last.

Here's my chopped ebony helmet mesh, BTW. Just copy and rename it to helmet_1.nif to make it work with the weight slider. It's the female helmet, but it probably will still load (albeit with clipping) if put in the male folder instead. ...Well, if someone figures out the head flags, that is.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/36069651/helmet_0.nif