⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

The Battlemage - A Massacre In Skyrim (Character Build)

TheBalance

Oh, and to keep stats up to date for TheBalance (and everyone else who might be interested):

Perks/stats @ lvl 17:

Conjuration 48: Novice, Mystic Binding, Soul Stealer, Apprentice

Destruction 23: Novice

Block 27: Shield Wall x2

One-Handed 40: Armsman x2, Fighting Stance, Bladesman

Heavy Armor 35: Juggernaut x1

Smithing 54: Steel smithing, Advanced Armors, Dwarven, Orcish

I took Smithing because I really needed more/better armor, even simple draugr could easily pummel me to death in steel armor @ lvl 15 ;)

Current gear: steel plate helmet and boots, orcish armor and gauntlets, ebony shield. Currently on my way to the orcish stronghold south of Markarth for orichalcum ore to create and improve orcish gear.

Late edit: well, the smithing tree is definately my flaw, I should have used those perks for heavy armor and/or (if able) block. Better find myself a trainer for those skills.

Edited by Moredhel

Sadly, I'm at the point where an ebony sword is better than the bound one, at lvl 24 :( I'm gonna focus more on magic than combat now, mostly Destruction, and will keep the sword for those close quarter fights. Thanks for the build, it was great fun playing it!

Sadly, I'm at the point where an ebony sword is better than the bound one, at lvl 24 :( I'm gonna focus more on magic than combat now, mostly Destruction, and will keep the sword for those close quarter fights. Thanks for the build, it was great fun playing it!

That's Odd, the bound sword should stay at par with the best weapons. It also depends on your conjuration level, finding items that give +% to conjuration apply. Is your level still in the 40's? That may be the problem.

That's Odd, the bound sword should stay at par with the best weapons. It also depends on your conjuration level, finding items that give +% to conjuration apply. Is your level still in the 40's? That may be the problem.

Damage of the bound weapons grows only with ur conjuration skills not your level... except for that as mentioned in original post u can raise it with one/two handed weapon skills. Depending on what type of weapon u are using.

Personnaly i did a similar build at the start of the game, the first time i played.

But i had Destruction in place of Shield block, and used Bound Heavy Axe,makinbg my char more of a Dark Knight build.

Used the Iron and later Ebonit Flesh spells to make up for the Shield armor rating, using dual casting for alteration and the appropriate Mana reducer and goin to Atronach, wich with a Breton Char is really usefull, you are nearly immuned to ennemy spells, while recharging Mana at an increased speed with the Atronach Perk when taking ennemy spells.

Bound Battle Axe can do really heavy damages, add in the Storm cloak and you can nearly insta kill everything that comes at you.

And just like Bound Sword and One handed Skills, Bound battle axe and Two hands Skill goes up pretty fast(for Bound Bow and marksmanship its the same)

Plus the Reflexe Perk of the Block tree is really awesome!!, if timed right you can avoid all power attacks, make a side step and strike the ennemy while you are still in Slowmo!!

Once you find a good enough Two handed weapon, you can enchant it with Health Stealer an be nearly invincible in combat.

Conjuration is 50, one-handed 54, AND I've lvled Smithing to make the ebony sword epic, that could be issue for my build ;)

Well it's just a conjurer character , Light-Heavy armor are the same ( you will have your 567 defense easily ) , Block is crucial i will agree with that but you don't have to put perk in it ( for start ) it's already very effective .

Conjure bound stuff is good at low level after you will need Smithing//enchanting good weapon , i guess you will switch between bow and 1 handed weapon because destruction isn't a good way to put dmg .

I play The same type of character .

For the stat i put everything in life , you don't need a lot of magicka ( 160 for conjure a double dremora lord with -58 % magicka cost for conjuration )

Edited by KratosAurion777

• 4 weeks later...

Smithing

You will have to hunt deer bears and wolves as much as u can. I would suggest that you get a weapon with soul trap enchantment and keep as many PETTY and LESSER soul gems with as you can so you get the leather as well as souls for enchantments. Tan all the leather u find and craft ONLY leather or hide bracers.. it requires 2 leather strips and 1 leather only and gives u a great deal of experience on each bracer that you will craft. I leveled it to 90 by the time my orc was level 25. Also once you have good enough level of enchanting, get light gloves/bracers, a ring, a necklace and any clothes of ur choice and enchant smithing on them all with grand souls. with that set on you will be able to upgrade armors to what you cant even imagin. For example my current armor rating is 508 :P

Thumbs up for you TheBalance

Just to add onto your idea for fast smithing xp:

Hitting the mines for iron ore is a good idea as well. Spam-smith iron daggers as they only take 1 iron ingot (1 ore) and 1 piece of leather strip. Iron is extremely plentiful and dirt cheap from vendors as well. Go into a mine inhabited by bandits in Whiterun or near Riverwood and clear it, walk out with 25- 40+ iron ore each.

hehe, nice Battlemage, my argonian is a battlemage too

Personally skill that a battlemage should have is:

Alteration, those flesh spell are really useful

Heavy armor, of course

one handed or two handed, this depends on magic u use, and also for maximal blow

block, good enough if you prefer combat rather than casting

enchanting and smithing, these are the easiest to increase, just need to find a deer, take the hide, and do the rest.

restoration, the vital one, if you didn't use alchemy plus those ward are effective

illusion, good for retreat when on low hp

destruction, for those who prefer casting than combat

this is my basic battlemage, since skyrim doesn't same with oblivion which you can cast your magic with your weapon.

hehe nice topic. keep it up. :thumbsup:

Edited by Lastito

Smithing

You will have to hunt deer bears and wolves as much as u can. I would suggest that you get a weapon with soul trap enchantment and keep as many PETTY and LESSER soul gems with as you can so you get the leather as well as souls for enchantments. Tan all the leather u find and craft ONLY leather or hide bracers.. it requires 2 leather strips and 1 leather only and gives u a great deal of experience on each bracer that you will craft. I leveled it to 90 by the time my orc was level 25. Also once you have good enough level of enchanting, get light gloves/bracers, a ring, a necklace and any clothes of ur choice and enchant smithing on them all with grand souls. with that set on you will be able to upgrade armors to what you cant even imagin. For example my current armor rating is 508 :P

Thumbs up for you TheBalance

Just to add onto your idea for fast smithing xp:

Hitting the mines for iron ore is a good idea as well. Spam-smith iron daggers as they only take 1 iron ingot (1 ore) and 1 piece of leather strip. Iron is extremely plentiful and dirt cheap from vendors as well. Go into a mine inhabited by bandits in Whiterun or near Riverwood and clear it, walk out with 25- 40+ iron ore each.

Adding on to my adding on...

I've been playing around and found a good way to farm conjuration and alteration! When I play, I fight my way through a dungeon, saving looting for last. After I'm done, I now have a dungeon full of dead bodies. I dual cast oakskin/raise zombie at a body. Once it rises, I hit it with flame or whatever. After a certain amount of damage, the zombie turns against me the same way that follower npc's do. This triggers the combat requirement for skill xp. Taking down your own zombies gives you conjuration, alteration and whatever you used to kill it xp!

Edited by licki