Are you going to dl a nude mod?

psychohampster

Nude Mod.  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Will you dl a nude mod?

Nope. They are all hack job crap, as usual. Textures are always bloated for no reason, boobs are disgustingly huge, well for that matter the bodies always look like fat serial breeder welfare queens or crack hos... either way they all look like they crawled out of a trailer. The necks never line up. This takes a whopping 45 seconds to do in any modeling program, including fixing the normals so they match up. The seams for hands and feet never match, nor do the head and body textures. No one ever does both sexes so mods are never complete. The body meshes have always had their poly count quadrupled for no reason whatsoever. The hack job clothing ends up being four times the poly count too, and never works correctly since there is no skinwrap option in Backwater... erm I mean Blender (not that the original rigging is all that great to begin with). I could go on for an hour about this...

Jeez.....no need to be that overly harsh.

There's a couple of nude mod that looks just fine. :mellow:

Nope, IMO it's disturbing when looting corpses. I only use nude mods when they are needed for something else besides nudity (like the sex scenes in DAO for instance).

No problems with killing people to get the corpses in the first place, just a problem with naked corpses.

Violence is OK, nudity is not.

I'll never understand that... :wacko:

Nope, IMO it's disturbing when looting corpses. I only use nude mods when they are needed for something else besides nudity (like the sex scenes in DAO for instance).

No problems with killing people to get the corpses in the first place, just a problem with naked corpses.

Violence is OK, nudity is not.

I'll never understand that... :wacko:

I draw a line at necrophilia. Obviously you don't. [/joking]

Seriously, don't be so judgemental and quick to jump to hasty conclusions.

All these games are violent. I can remember completing Fallout 1 and Fallout 2 without killing anyone (there is a loophole for Fallout 2) but I've never tried this in Fallout 3 or FNV and I seriously don't think I'll bother trying this with Skyrim.

I don't think you're playing non violent characters either so what are you going on about?

I have nothing against naked *living* characters. Looting armours from dismembered corpses revealing big boobies and erect penises on stiffs (pun intended) is not something that I'm ok with. It's a personal bias. If you like looking at naked corpses it's your choice. I'm not judging and neither should you.

On a serious note when I see naked dead bodies it evokes pictures of concentration camps and naked corpses dumped in mass graves (try watching Nuit et brouillard and you will see what I'm going on about).

If you don't see any difference between a naked living body and a naked dead body then I guess I can't really help.

ALSO if you had read the end of the post you've quoted you would have realized how irrelevant this "violence vs nudity" comment of yours actually is in reference to my post. So either you haven't read my entire post or you're simply being disingenuous (and for the record I sincerely hope that you didn't pay attention to the second part of my post).

I've posted that I use nude mods when they have a use besides nudity (for the sake of nudity) and I've explained that I've used such mods for DAO. It's not that I necessarily value nudity in and by itself in my games (but that doesn't make me a prude either) but if these games are going to include sex I'd rather avoid the PG 13 fur bras and go full frontal (especially when in the case of Morrigan she is wearing more bra when in her underwear than when she is strolling around Lothering).

When Bethesda will start making non violent games about bunnies in which your goal will be to gather carrots in an immersive environment then we won't have to bother with weapons and violence in games. But last I checked Bethesda is still releasing games that make it very hard not to kill hundreds of creatures.

I have nothing against naked *living* characters. Looting armours from dismembered corpses revealing big boobies and erect penises on stiffs (pun intended) is not something that I'm ok with. It's a personal bias. If you like looking at naked corpses it's your choice. I'm not judging and neither should you.

On a serious note when I see naked dead bodies it evokes pictures of concentration camps and naked corpses dumped in mass graves (try watching Nuit et brouillard and you will see what I'm going on about).

I agree, the downside of using a nude body mod is the naked corpses. In certain cases, for example, when I kill dremoras and remove the Daedric armor, I am not fazed too much, but even if I were a really barbaric amazon who is armed to the teeth, I would most certainly not go so far as to remove all pieces of clothing from my defeated enemies. For this reason - as I mentioned, I use a few bathing/hygiene mods that would look funny without a nude body mod - I tend to refrain from looting all the armor pieces from my 'victims'.

However, HadToRegister has a point: violent games are seldom mentioned in the media these day, but nudity can still make the headlines, and I find that sort of hypocrisy a tad bit disturbing. Myself, I'm willing to give the players of video games the benefit of doubt, and assume that, when it comes to games that are rated mature, they are adult enough to make a clear distinction between reality and the game world.

I draw a line at necrophilia. Obviously you don't. [/joking]

Seriously, don't be so judgemental and quick to jump to hasty conclusions.

If you don't see any difference between a naked living body and a naked dead body then I guess I can't really help.

I was just making a comment on how I don't understand how people can be bothered by nudity while not mentioning the gore and decapitations.

There was a person asking for a mod that covers up the cleavage in skyrim, but had no problem with the blood, violence, gore and decapitations that go on in the game.

I find it more disturbing that someone is OK with extreme violence and slow-motion decapitations and the victims head rolling around afterwards,

but has a problem with a "line" caused by two breasts being pushed together that happen to partially stick out of a shirt top as was the fashion back then,

that they actually ask for a mod to fix that as they have a hard time playing the game "because cleavage makes people act on their animal instincts",

while apparently beheading someone doesn't. :blink:

I wonder if this person also freaked out seeing that Miranda in Mass Effect 2 had a Camel Toe.... :biggrin:

I wasn't trying to be insulting and sorry you took it that way that you felt the need to insult me back.

I think it's odd that here in America, we have some of the most violent and disgusting shows and movies on TV and the Screen, involving serial killers etc,

(Friday the 13th series, SAW etc...) but there's only MAJOR controversy and protests, when the networks want to show a pair of breasts on TV or a 'sex scene' in a movie has 'gone too far'.

What exactly is the message the American public is sending the children?

Songs on the radio about cappin' someone and killing cops, but start singing/rapping about sex, and all of a sudden parents are in an uproar "ZOMG! My kids are listening to Filth!"

FWIW, I am using both a Male and Female Nude mod, and have yet to see a nude character in the game so far, except my own, as I only loot the armor on a corpse when it's armor I don't have, and since I'm using the Auto Level/Perk/Skill mod with Elys' Uncapper, it means I'm leveling pretty slow and my character can MAKE better armor than I can loot at level 25, (I'm only starting to see plate steel), so I don't even bother.

I don't use nude mods to get some thrill out of looking at nude corpses, (that would be disturbing), I use them because everybody is naked under their clothes, like it or not. :wink:

However, HadToRegister has a point: violent games are seldom mentioned in the media these day, but nudity can still make the headlines, and I find that sort of hypocrisy a tad bit disturbing. Myself, I'm willing to give the players of video games the benefit of doubt, and assume that, when it comes to games that are rated mature, they are adult enough to make a clear distinction between reality and the game world.

I'm fine with that argument, it's just that I disagree with HadToRegister quoting my post to basically label me a hypocrite.

These games are violent but let's be honest and recognize that most of us play violent characters and violent games. Also let's not kid ourselves, violence and videogames is still something that is brought forward by the media from time to time. Sex in videogames is probably more popular with the media because it is something that is racier. After all most people have probably played some sort of shooter at one time or another but fewer players have played a game with actual sex scenes so it's an opportunity for the media to present gamers as perverts. Sex sells and that's something that applies to the media as well (and the reason why there are hot babes in tabloids).

That's what makes the media hypocrites. They use sex and violence (gory stories are common enough) to make money and they have the nerve to criticize gamers.

Sex and violence are things that we experience in our lives. Sex is definitely a more agreeable experience but it's also a taboo. Violence is frowned upon but it's also presented as a means to an end in many movies and games. There is a certain ambiguity in the way sex and violence are presented as objects worthy of pursuit (to pose as a dominant alpha or an eligible mate) and at the same time as being repressed (laws tell us violence is not right, most sexual practices are frowned upon according to moral conventions).

Most people are more at ease accepting violence than sex simply because it is something that society is more willing to condone. How many PG 13 movies portray rather violent scenes but won't show boobs or avoid any explicit reference to sexual intercourse? I can think of a few. I'm familiar with the double standard and IMO it's not healthy.

Does it mean that one is more acceptable than the other? Probably not but in the end it's a personal choice and where you draw that line is for you to decide.

I stand by what I've said above and I draw that line at naked corpses for the reasons I've posted above and which I won't mention again in this post.

EDIT: just read HadToRegister's post and I agree on most points. I reacted quite strongly because I felt that I was singled out when it wasn't warranted and I guess my necrophilia comment was out of line and for that I apologize (it was meant as a joke but still could be understood as being a bit hostile).

Anyway I completely agree when it comes to American movies and TV shows. I'm French but we see enough American programs to get an idea of how Political Correctness is important when it comes to that.

It becomes very ironic when you start watching HBO shows that are very often all about gratuitous nudity, foul language and violence...

I don't use nude mods to get some thrill out of looking at nude corpses, (that would be disturbing), I use them because everybody is naked under their clothes, like it or not. :wink:

Fair enough although if you're pilfering pieces of armour from dead bodies you may not want to take off their panties/boxers... Provided they're not going commando of course... :happy:

Edited by Shantih

Looks like we posted at the same time, and Shantih hasn't even read my post and so remains hostile....

I've edited my post above after you've posted.

By the way, if you quote people in italics and then make statements about them with a "rolling eyes" smiley at the end you can only expect a poor reaction. ;)

It's even more ironic since we actually agree on most points.

Looks like we posted at the same time, and Shantih hasn't even read my post and so remains hostile....

I've edited my post above after you've posted.

By the way, if you quote people in italics and then make statements about them with a "rolling eyes" smiley at the end you can only expect a poor reaction. ;)

It's even more ironic since we actually agree on most points.

I just noticed that you had edited your original post rather than adding a new one, which Is why I had thought you hadn't even read mine,

as a new post from you didn't show up in the thread because you had edited your old post instead.

Now that I know that you've edited your old post I can delete or edit my post saying that we posted at the same time.

However, I'm confused, what are you talking about as far as my posts go?

How are you seeing Rolling Eyes Smilies in my posts when there are none?

I see the italics, and that was used to emphasize what MY general point was going to be about, it wasn't a personal attack,

I just used your sentence in a quote to highlight what I was going to make a point about.

I didn't use the "Rolling Eyes" smiley, I used one that looked the most confused,

as I was making a general statement, that I'm basically confused how people can be OK with over the top violence and have a problem with nudity.

I just quoted you as an example and used italics to emphasize the text I was going to be making a point about,

and had no intention of it being a personal attack, but I was just using it as a talking point.

I can see where you would feel that it was a personal attack, and I should've been clearer that I was addressing the opinion 'in general' that

people seem to have no problem with Ultra-Violence but freak out over some cleavage/boobies/nudity.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, we had basically posted both of your previous long posts at almost the same time.