All quests are essentially...

Omeletter

...go into this dangerous place, get to the end by killing everybody, and come back.

Seriously, I am not even joking. Everything from the main quest to the Whiterun dead tree quest. I have yet to come across a quest where you don't have to kill anyone, or at least not wiping out a whole dungeon. I don't even want to know what happens in guilds...

Remember how in Oblivion you had those twin brothers that you had to re-unite together and restore their house in the wilderness?

Remember how in Morrowind you could shake down that annoying little elf, after you help him. Fargoth wasn't it?

Remember Glarthir? That elf in Skingrad that you used to meet every midnight to tell him whether he is being watched by them people? Remember his rampage with a battleaxe the next morning?

I could just go on... Skyrim doesn't seem very in depth at all for some reason...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not true. You can pick up quests that don't involve any crawling through dungeons or killing. There's the fire salts for the blacksmith in Riften. Sure you could get them by killing stuff, but you could also by them from vendors. Another one wants a couple of frost salts. Another (in Solitude - the alchemy vendor I think) asks for info about her daughter in Whiterun guards.

Probably lots of others and those I can remember off the top of my head and I haven't done tons of quests.

It's not all hack and slash.

...go into this dangerous place, get to the end by killing everybody, and come back.

Seriously, I am not even joking. Everything from the main quest to the Whiterun dead tree quest. I have yet to come across a quest where you don't have to kill anyone, or at least not wiping out a whole dungeon. I don't even want to know what happens in guilds...

Remember how in Oblivion you had those twin brothers that you had to re-unite together and restore their house in the wilderness?

Remember how in Morrowind you could shake down that annoying little elf, after you help him. Fargoth wasn't it?

Remember Glarthir? That elf in Skingrad that you used to meet every midnight to tell him whether he is being watched by them people? Remember his rampage with a battleaxe the next morning?

I could just go on... Skyrim doesn't seem very in depth at all for some reason...

So true, and you can also add the fact that 80% of these dungeons are filled with only Draugr, 15% Vampires, 5% Random Stuff, and that is one of the many reasons I was extremely disapointed with skyrim, I tought in a weird anology but I guess it works, Oblivion is like a crater/hole/dig site, it is this wide ----- but it goes deep, Skyrim is wider -------------- bigger wich means more potential, but it's nowhere as deep as Oblivion or Morrowind, it's like a rushed game really, the "Art of Premature Release" topic recieved lots of hate but it is the truth, they wanted the cool 11-11-11 and look at what we got, Skyrim has a lot of potential, it's just that this potential is not developed. What have you done Bethesda... What have you done... :facepalm:

That's a good way of thinking,Tardivax. The three games, Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim are craters. Morrowind is the least wide one, but reaches down into the core. Oblivion is a medium, you can do this in the game, do that, but it isn't very deep. Skyrim is just like a puddle. You can do anything - from shooting birds, to killing kings. However, none of the features are deep, and are just there to cover up Skyrim.

Also, thanks for the "The art of premature release" topic, I'll go check it out. Also, it has quite a dirty name! :P

There is at least one fairly long quest that does not involve (much) killing. It can be viewed as an extremely long fetch quest, but they actually did a decent job of wrapping it in a story that can keep the player wanting to move forward to see what happens next. Just look for a guy in a bar who offers you a drinking contest...

My only real complaint about that is there are basically no other quests even remotely like it, as far as grabbing attention and pushing you forward.

Well that and it's obviously a blatant ripoff of a certain movie.

Im hopin that if they do release DLC for Skyrim in the future that they'll add a bit more depth to the game other than new dungeons and enemies. New quests would be interesting that utilized the players thinking laterally. Like the "whodunnit" quest in Windhelm, or maybe even an entire dungeon devoted to puzzles, with the deeper you go the better the prize you get.

its funny how people complain about skyrim's repetitive quests and use like two examples from oblivion to counter the whole game. oblivion was incredibly repetitive, and to add insult to injury, not very many quests in the first place. with so few quests, it was a bit easier to make them have a storyline if that makes sense.

of course there's no story to radiant quests. do i really need a story behind "i lost my ring in a cave. can you get it for me?"

the only guild i say had a better storyline compared to its skyrim equivalent is the fighters guild. those were cool quests.

everything else is better in skyrim. bethesda busted their balls for three years making this game. stop bitching about the small things and adore the gigantic amazing things! >:(

its funny how people complain about skyrim's repetitive quests and use like two examples from oblivion to counter the whole game. oblivion was incredibly repetitive, and to add insult to injury, not very many quests in the first place. with so few quests, it was a bit easier to make them have a storyline if that makes sense.

of course there's no story to radiant quests. do i really need a story behind "i lost my ring in a cave. can you get it for me?"

the only guild i say had a better storyline compared to its skyrim equivalent is the fighters guild. those were cool quests.

everything else is better in skyrim. bethesda busted their balls for three years making this game. stop bitching about the small things and adore the gigantic amazing things! >:(

Sorry,but do not tell people what to do, just because you dont agree with them.

They used 2 exaples from oblivion because they prety much cover a lot of quests in skyrim with the exception of a few better done.

If bethesda would really busted their balls, things would have been better...a lot better.

Im adoring the world they created, its wonderful and it brings a feeling of respect to me, but also at the same time is very shallow.

Skyrim is a good game, i have a lot of fun but after many years of waiting one would await more then recycling of the same old system with some additions.

Edited by pavy