How much stamina do you give your warriors?

Kravick

76 members have voted

1. 1. Without enchants, how much stamina does your warrior have?

I find that stamina is pretty unimportant in it's current implementation...

You only need 1 stamina to do a dual wield power attack, its kind of broken. So while I might not be able to spam power attacks I can still do them once every couple of seconds and I have mad health.

I like to try to play through with no restoration and limited potion use (I really only use what I find) and I don't tend to focus on leveling my armor skills. I juke around and kill fast so I just don't level it fast enough unless I pay the trainer anyway.

Playing Sword+Shield Paladin type as my "complete" playthrough. 200 Health, 300 Stamina, the rest is being pumped into Magicka. Honestly I wouldn't even really recommend that much health, I went through 30 levels of gameplay at 150 Health no problem. No more than 300 Stam is necessary, and here's why:

-I constantly carry Venison Stew/Vegetable Stew on me at all times (for slow Stamina regen)

-I wear Stamina Regen ring/amulet when I travel

-As you're going Resto, like I have, you'll eventually throw a point into Respite. Use Healing for 15(?) Health and Stamina per second on the off chance a battle lasts long enough to drain your Stamina. Spamming this is never an issue, especially if you are planning on wearing Magicka Regen gear.

I will admit that I do have higher level Enchanting and Smithing, so I guess it would pose a bigger challenge if you aren't going to enchant your own gear.

I find I have to stack stamina to keep the wife happy.

Hahaha!! Oh man, I don't know why that made me laugh so hard, but it did.

I have roughly 400 stamina, but I'm mostly an archer. Zooming in uses stamina so I feel I have a sufficient amount.

Keep in mind that for every 10 points of stamina, you get 5 more points towards carry weight. So if you've picked stamina during 10 level-ups, you should have 50 more points in you carry weight.

Any 720 second food with +1 stamina/second lets you power attack indefinitely so stamina becomes a bit of a non issue if you just make vegetable soup all the time. As someone said earlier you can power attack/block/dual wield power attack all on one stamina and by the time you are able to attack or bash again the soup has given you that 1 stamina necessary.

I pressed 200-250 because that's what I find sufficient. But I always end up taking much more, as I've limited myself to 150 hitpoints so I keep the feeling of being Mortal. And as a warrior I completely ignore all magic. So basically I put 5 levels into health, the rest into stamina. It's nice to more or less sprint from Whiterun to Solitude, though :) Edited by Sabatasso

I think stamina is crucial for dual-wielders. They can't block so they need to kill enemies fast, they can't just slug it for a long time. All the dual-wield special moves that do a lot of damage uses stamina. I'd say stamina is even more important to dual-wielders than to other types of character.

First 15 levels, you need at least 10 of them to go for health. After that, you can let stamina catch up fairly easily. It really depends what level you are going to, as my warrior doesnt use magic or alchemy, I was sort of 'capped' in my mid 30s as all my skills that I actually use were maxed out. In my opinion stamina regen is far more important than max stamina, so I got to 200/250 stamina then maxed out health from then on.