Upcoming features and interviews

TheTokenGeek

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #43565645. #43567045, #43570510 are all replies on the same post.

rightfuture wrote: Inspiring and uniting the community:

Modding and playing may still be mostly an individual effort, but we all can help each other accomplish more.

The players, and the modders are essentially 2 teams.
1. the players - are enjoying and supporting content. They need the easiest ways to provide actual support to the modders.
2. the modders - are creating content and helping others do so. They need to reach out to the players to inspire and lead players to become budding modders and improve things.

Both groups are a vital part of this growing community.

Cooperation and coordination is what is going to lead this community to greater and greater heights.
As the community matures we see more and more mod teams looking to tackle and actually finish DLC type epic mod projects. The desire to accomplish something even better, even if it not necessarily something bigger.
Even a team of a beginning and a veteran modder working on a single good idea moves the community forward.

I believe the community needs to come together to coordinate and the teach the ease of the modding process.
We need to show players how easy it is to edit a simple damage value in tes5edit, or how to merge plugins, or fix load order correctly. This leads to people wanting to fix or create mods themselves.

The community needs to have purpose and the leadership of veteran and great mods can move the community forward to the next level. The more we focus on doing that together as a team, the more progress gets made.

The Nexus has a unique opportunity at this time to inspire momentum and direction for all of us.
Just how far can we all explore and create as a team?
Siletrea wrote: brilliant! I don't think I could have said it better myself!

exactly what the community should do!

I am new to nexus (a month or 2) so I don't know how to give "Kudos" to you

so I shall give my thanks in written comment!

THANK YOU! for saying this!
CatEira wrote: @Siletrea, you give kudos by clicking on the persons name and in the upper right hand corner there is a button named kudos.

Click that and you've successfully given a kudos to that person ;)

I love this idea.

In response to post #43608505. #43608720 is also a reply to the same post.

kcaz25 wrote: Brodual is better than MxR. I still like MxR but he has a lot of slutty mods and he is very sarcastic. Brodual is so professional.
vincentvega070 wrote: I definitely agree. Not like if I had something against slutty content or sarcasm (quite the opposite), but unlike MxR, Brodual is very informative, and describes/compares mods very well. He's helped me a lot making up my mind about making my choices.

They're two different styles of mod videos. MxR basically says "I found some tending/interesting mods, here's me using them, give them a look if you're interested". The goal is bringing attention to mods while letting the viewer come to their own conclusions about it.

It sounds like Brodual's style is ideal if you want a specific, vetted mod list, while MxR's is ideal if you want to be aware of the plethora of mods out there and try them out yourself.

In response to post #43608505. #43608720, #43644875 are all replies on the same post.

kcaz25 wrote: Brodual is better than MxR. I still like MxR but he has a lot of slutty mods and he is very sarcastic. Brodual is so professional.
vincentvega070 wrote: I definitely agree. Not like if I had something against slutty content or sarcasm (quite the opposite), but unlike MxR, Brodual is very informative, and describes/compares mods very well. He's helped me a lot making up my mind about making my choices.
aramil31 wrote: They're two different styles of mod videos. MxR basically says "I found some tending/interesting mods, here's me using them, give them a look if you're interested". The goal is bringing attention to mods while letting the viewer come to their own conclusions about it.

It sounds like Brodual's style is ideal if you want a specific, vetted mod list, while MxR's is ideal if you want to be aware of the plethora of mods out there and try them out yourself.

The only way you can tolerate MxR's videos is if you're a perverted tween yourself.

In response to post #43655310.

tigerchips wrote: Oh good, does this mean we will see the end of those video adverts. Came by one the other day and it was preventing me from viewing the page until the advert ended.

No. you need to report those adds. The previous add provider was quite horrendous, and it seems the new one is heading that way also. I've had several page-redirect adds recently myself. They're tough to report because the adds may change by the time you get back to the nexus. I had to turn addblocker back on. The large adds that take up the top half of the page and cover the report feature are rough also.

I would like to sugest Gopher to be placed as a strong candidate to do any if not all videos to help and guide the community in there endeavors to learn any and all aspects to do with modding for beginners, also in the use of any new changes being made to any new and involed changes to NMM or NMO and of course the finale out come of the new NMM--NMO = ???????.

I have found his instructive way to guide people through a step by step account on how to use various programs are straight to the point, and instructions given in the simples way i found are in no way condescending but are absolutely brilliant.

Thanks.

Regards to you all.

In response to post #43562410. #43564460, #43564645, #43595455, #43608030, #43615050, #43615075, #43619465, #43626805, #43631250, #43631340, #43642440 are all replies on the same post.

Jimmyflow wrote: Having something in addition to just hosting mods, like how to's and tutorials. Similar to what is found on Reddit's skyrimmods. Or at least directing users to credible content. I realize this might entail a lot of work and time, but its essential if you're going to be pushing out the next generation mod manager.

As we've all come to learn, modding is not just plug and play anymore.
HadToRegister wrote: +10

There DEFINITELY needs to be a Modding Tutorial Section.

This is a MUST
nogamenotitans wrote: I second this
DisgruntledGrillCook wrote: I agree with this too.
TheGoktor wrote: Adding my agreement as well. I would love there to be a modding tutorial section!
Darkknightsyndrome wrote: Definitely, also agree as well too, not all of us are tech savvy and get things right off the bat like others do, sometimes reading/watching tutorials over and over til I get it has helped me with a lot of stuff, especially with MO.
SiDroid wrote: Adding my vote too.
MlleK wrote: Absolutely this.

Preferably tutorials both of just how to use/install mods and how to make them as well. Trying to learn how to make small mods for yourself can be a real pain because I can't tell you how many times I'd find a tutorial that show me exactly how to do The Thing but then the next time I needed to do The Thing I couldn't find that tutorial anywhere. Even if they were just reposted (with permission) or linked from The Assimilation Lab, TES Alliance, etc to collect them all in one place would be wonderful.
RaffTheSweetling wrote: Couldn't agree more.
Solluth wrote: Yes, a community page where people new to the nexus can find a quick run-through of the site's features and maybe some very basic programs and tutorials on simple mods to integrate them into the community faster and more comfortably.
Swandar wrote: I agree 100%. For some games that don't have NMM a tutorial is a must.
petewolf wrote: Throwing in with the group, this could be very beneficial.

Adding my agreement as well. I would love there to be a modding tutorial section with in-depth guides as well to help show us the better paths we can take is needed as well. thanks for all your support.

In response to post #43608505. #43608720, #43644875, #43659830 are all replies on the same post.

aramil31 wrote: They're two different styles of mod videos. MxR basically says "I found some tending/interesting mods, here's me using them, give them a look if you're interested". The goal is bringing attention to mods while letting the viewer come to their own conclusions about it.

smokex wrote: The only way you can tolerate MxR's videos is if you're a perverted tween yourself.

*kcaz & Vincentvega* I like them both but I think I'd have to pick MxR over Brodual simply because he is blunt enough that his video's don't become tedious to me, nothing against Brodual as I do still enjoy his video's a lot and he is informative, but for me MxR simply makes watching it more interesting (personal choice at the end of the day right)

aram: I completely agree with you on your points there, MxR does provide a more sporadic list of mods per week which is what makes it so interesting.

smokex: I like MxR, so your calling me a perverted tween, I don't think it's fair of you to cast judgement upon others simply based off of stereotypical assessments which are centered around biased opinions. There is no need to degrade anyone for what they do or don't like :)

Edited by Rebel47