Skyrim Special Edition site launch

SirSalami

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well..for some reason Steam Automaticlly started downloading SE on me, (probably my fault and had it set for automatic updates) but it locked out my currently loaded version of Skyrim..now i have nothing to play for 2 days while it downloads 10GB.....the nexus is down so i cant do anything on NMM because nexus suspended the NMM due to server traffic..i guess my question is....WTF do i do with almost 5 GB worth of mods that i can no longer use? will there be 2 useable versions of skyrim on my computer or is the new one over writing the old one....(i know i have a few broken files because every elf race has specular texture faces instead of normal map) (think that was my fault playing with the CK one day and couldnt figure out which texture file i changed) and if it is over writing it..should i go in and uninstall all the installed mods before SE writes to my drive? so when or if anyone decides to mod for SE ill have clean files to write too. i was going to wait to get the SE version but looks like im getting thrown into it..any suggestions on what i need to do? and by the way...im STILL running vista..and missed the win10 update so i have that going against me too.

In response to post #43728160.

misguidedintention wrote: Does this mean that this is the end of people creating mods for the PC version of Skyrim?! I just put in a gaming computer in the layaway and collecting mods to use when I get it -.-' I guess that also means that these will no longer be updated? I don't want to get a console just for Skyrim..

While people may stop modding for Skyrim, it's been out for almost 5 years now, and there are plenty of mods to sample here. Many, if not most, of these mods will migrate over to Skyrim SE, and some may continue to be developed for vanilla Skyrim. I wouldn't worry.

LOOT will work with sse if you change the skyrim directory to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition this is tested and confirmed! for those with trouble with load order. :) Edited by Khloedaemon

Seems I dont like SSE as skyrim old gamer, the Mod is limited because lots of badass MOD :cool: will never supported or not yet :wallbash: