Qwinn´s Ultimate DAO Fixpack v3 (no longer beta!)

Katzapult

Urn of Sacred Ashes:

3. (v3.0) When trying to get into the back room at Genitivi's house, a couple of responses to Weylon you should have only had available if you knew Genitivi was missing were instead only available if you knew almost nothing about Genitivi. This could result in your talking about the Urn before anyone had told you about it.

4. (v3.0) If you have already killed Weylon, the Lake Calenhad events will no longer overwrite the journal entry saying so or the further entry telling you that Haven is where you need to go next, as was intended (and worked in most cases).

5. (v3.0) Out of three dialogue paths where the Innkeeper tells you he is being watched, only one set the proper flag and journal entry and removed the plot marker from him.

6. (v3.0) If the innkeeper told you he was being watched, the nearby Shady Patron was supposed to disappear but did not do so.

7. (v3.0) If Weylon was already dead when you talked to the Innkeep, no follow up conversation with him regarding the ambush outside was possible.

Edited by Qwinn

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you're right about the item properties being saved if you enter Dwynn's house. I believe the save I tested to see if Sten's sword would change to indestructible was at Dwynn's house right before I initiated dialogue. I will make the changes (if you decide not to, or not mark the quests as failed that is :p) when I start my new game with your fixpack. Thanks for the info!

TWO quick additional Sten fixes:

14. (v3.0) "The Sword of the Beresaad": The Scavenger at Lake Calenhad would appear there until you talked to Faryn and learned about Dwyn, despite having nothing useful to say in the interim. He will now disappear when you leave the area after learning about Faryn from him.

15. (v3.0) "The Sword of the Beresaad": If you never spoke to Dwyn until after the Redcliffe siege ("Attack at Nightfall") and then discussed Sten's sword, there were two places in the ensuing dialogue where a disembodied Sten would glitch the conversation if Sten wasn't in your party.

Edited by Qwinn

These aren't tested yet, but the fixes are partly implemented and it describes my current intent:

8. (v3.0) In Haven, if you avoid raising the alarm and don't kill the shopkeeper (which can only be done if you kill Father Eirik before setting off any alarm and have Genitivi take you straight to the Ruined Temple), he'd disappear forever anyway, despite having dialogue for when you returned after siding with the Cult. He will now reappear in his shop after the main plot events are done if he was never killed and you sided with the Cult. Note that I am assuming he is one of the cultists who attacks you if you trigger an alarm, as there is a Cultist who looks very much like him very close to his shop during the village attack.

9. (v3.0) If you *did* kill the shopkeeper and later side with the Cult, a new shopkeeper was supposed to replace the old one. This new shopkeeper has been restored. This effectively restores the Greater Tome of the Mortal Vessel to the game.

Edited by Qwinn

10. (v3.0) Brother Genitivi will no longer forget that you have Eirik's medallion after you've shown it to him, and will thus no longer repeatedly pester you to retrieve it.

11. (v3.0) As the dialogue scripting comments indicate should have been the case, you can no longer tell Genitivi "Isolde sent the knights to find you when the arl fell ill" until Genitivi knows the arl fell ill, otherwise his reaction isn't appropriate..

12. (v3.0) Two questions with long and interesting answers that you could ask Brother Genitivi about how he came to find Haven in the first place and how he ended up in Haven would disappear from the conversation if you didn't choose one of them the very first time you had the option (and they were far down on the initial list of questions you could ask).

13. (v3.0) When telling Genitivi about Weylon's fate, the reply "I found his body in your basement" has been removed because A) he wasn't found in a basement, and B) it's the only way of telling Genitivi that Weylon is dead without also informing him that an imposter was put in Weylon's place, which he makes reference to if you ask him what the villagers were doing to him again.

Edited by Qwinn

A couple of interesting notes:

Just found out that, yes, the original shopkeeper WAS definitely supposed to reappear in the shop if you sided with the cult and didn't kill him, because he has dialogue for precisely that situation. So that settles it - the shopkeeper issues are a bug and will be fixed. Edited the above descriptions of those upcoming fixes.

Also, discovering the bloody altar with Wynne in your party causes the whole village to aggro. I'm pretty sure that's a bug. I think it was meant to happen regardless of who was in your party - finding the altar at all should trip the alarm. I think she just got hit with it because she's the last person to comment on the altar, and they only set the aggro flag at the end of the dialogue. It just seems like whoever worked that dialogue thought that that final End Dialogue would always be hit eventually, but no, it's only triggered if Wynne speaks her line.

Can anyone think of a plausible reason *why* the village would take particular issue with Wynne, and only Wynne, finding that altar, something referenced anywhere else in this plot? Cause I can't think of any. Even if they have some undisclosed issue with Circle Mages... well, in my current playthrough, *I'm* a Circle Mage, and they don't seem to care if I find it.

Edited by Qwinn

Okay, after looking at Father Eirik's dialogue, the stated reason for their attacking you is that you broke into one of their homes, nothing to do with Wynne. So I'll be fixing that. Found another big one too.

14. (v3.0) If you found the bloody altar in the Village Home, the villagers would attack you - but only if Wynne was in the party at the time. This was a bug. They will now attack you regardless of who is in the party when you find it.

15. (v3.0) One particular dialogue path with Brother Genitivi would cause him to react as if you had the medallion/key before you actually did so. If you then sent him to Denerim, you'd be transported to the Ruined Temple without the key, and would have to fight your way back to the Haven chantry to get it before you could proceed. If you brought him with you, he'd magically open the door without the key, and then you could go back to Haven and get the now useless key which would be stuck in your inventory forever.

Edited by Qwinn

16. (v3.0) In the Gauntlet, when your party fights its doppelgangers, they were all Lieutentant rank except for Shale, who was only normal rank. Shale's rank has been upgraded to match the rest of the doppelgangers.

Has anyone reading this experienced the bug, reported a few times on the Wiki, that a follower will not have any of their inventory restored after walking through the flames just before reaching the Ashes? I can't duplicate it, and man, I have tried.

Edited by Qwinn

Wow... that was really bizarre. I just spent like two hours trying to figure out why I couldn't get the new shopkeeper's store to open. The store object I added to the area was simply not valid, no matter what I did. I had never entered the store before, so that couldn't be it... and yet... when I backed up to a previous save before I entered Haven at all, then went to Haven and the store, THEN it worked. I don't get it. It's like entering Haven at all puts the shop area in your save game, before actually entering the shop. Man. That was not fun to figure out.

Which means to properly test this, I really do have to do the whole damn area again. Bleah.

Anyway, it looks like in a couple more nights I should have Haven/Urn wrapped up, didn't find any further bugs or content to restore along the way, unless someone can answer my last post's question and tell me how the heck you get that disappearing inventory bug to happen.

Landsmeet is going to be pretty soon now! That's where the real fun begins, and I get to start doing sound work for the godawful Alistair-Isn't-King-Damnit fixes.

(Actually, there is one more fix I think I may do, now that I think about it. My PC is wearing the Warden Commander's armor from Soldier's Peak, which has these really big shoulder pieces. They sometimes block the face of whoever I'm talking to briefly, but the first conversation with Kolgrim, which can be *very* long, is REALLY bad. Like 80% of the conversation is looking at 5% of his face and 95% of my armor's shoulder piece. I think I will move that particular camera a bit in that conversation, cause it was *really* jarring, and that particular armor can't be the only one that suffers the problem.)

Edited by Qwinn

"9. (v3.0) If you *did* kill the shopkeeper and later side with the Cult, a new shopkeeper was supposed to replace the old one. This new shopkeeper has been restored. This effectively restores the Greater Tome of the Mortal Vessel to the game."

Do you only get new stuff with a new merchant, or does the old merchant have the new stock also?