Qwinn´s Ultimate DAO Fixpack v3 (no longer beta!)

Katzapult

"After being turned away by the guards, your party appears by the chantry side of the alley. If you have party Hold position, send your PC around by the messenger side, then deactivate Hold so that they run towards you through the guards, the Alert Guard will say he's "had enough of you" in an endless loop, or the Restless Guard will challenge you in an endless loop, depending on how much you've annoyed them."

I actually did already fix this, because only the party member who is currently being controlled can set off the trigger. If you try to use this to get a party member "inside" the trigger and then switch control to them as they're running through, it won't work - the newly controlled character should immediately set off the trigger. It may raise an eyebrow that those uncontrolled party members don't get stopped by the guards, but it's better than the alternative, which is what you experienced, and it prevents other silly things like having your PC stealth on the other side of the area and then walking right in with an unstealthed follower and being invisible to the guards. The real point is that you can't do anything useful with those party members if they're not the one being controlled, so their getting to run through like that doesn't harm the intended challenge of the quest (such as it is).

And as for Haven, ok, whenever you get a chance, I'd appreciate a quick run to Haven and check what I asked about - shouldn't take more than 5 minutes to just kill Weylon and get the research notes to get Haven on the map, and then run over to the Village Home, look at the altar, exit and see if the guard joins in. As you exit the home, he'll be to the right, and he'll be the only one not named Cultist something.

Edited by Qwinn

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arrrrgh... now when I do it, the guard isn't part of the attack regardless of where I start it. No idea why even after reversing all my relevant changes, he kept showing up last night, and yet when I fire the game up today, he doesn't. This *was* with me running from Denerim to Haven to load the area pristine - but I thought I had done that last night as well. Ah well. No need to check it for me now - this makes it track with what the wiki says (that he never participates) and that's the main thing that was concerning me. Anyway, have to rewrite the fix description yet again:

19. (v3.0) If you fought the villagers, the Village Guard would always be hostile and attack you by himself when you returned, regardless of whether or not you tainted the ashes, and if you didn't fight the villagers or taint the ashes, he'd have utterly inappropriate dialogue, oblivious to everything that happened, and unchanged from when you first arrived. He even tells you to go talk to (dead) Father Eirik in the chantry. Now, when you return to Haven after finding the Urn, he will always attack you if you didn't taint the ashes, and he will always be friendly if you did, even if you killed the rest of the villagers (this may seem odd, but his dialogue in this case actually addresses this - you can ask him: "Why so friendly? I killed many of your fellows, you know.")

Edited by Qwinn

20. (v3.0) If you tainted the ashes and killed the dragon, the epilogue will no longer state that the dragon still lived and began attacking Ferelden.

21. (v3.0) Genitivi's codex entry will no longer say that he was given funds to mount an expedition until that actually happens (the codex entry would say this even if you killed him in the Temple). This always happened if you didn't taint the ashes.

22. (v3.0) If Genitivi is sent home early on, and you later go to Denerim and tell him you found the Urn, according to the dialogue he gets his expedition but the epilogue would play out as if he never returned to Denerim.

Edited by Qwinn

23. (v3.0) The lone Villager outdoors in Haven (aside from the Guard and child) would sometimes fail to speak when clicked on after the Urn was found. Also made her lines a little more random - she has 5 possible lines at any given point in time, but 4 of them had only a 5% chance to be heard on a given click, making the last line awfully repetitive.

24. (v3.0) Alistair's approval would not decrease when you kill Genitivi if Leliana was also in the party.

Adding this to the Epilogue section:

21. (v3.0) If Zathrian died and Lanaya was made Keeper, the epilogue would always play out that the elves were granted their own lands, even though this was only meant to be a boon

available to Dalish Elf PC's.

And THIS is really really irritating: I mentioned before that every so often I'd find a dialogue file that can't be viewed - all that comes up is a root node. So far, that hasn't been a problem as the few ones I found that way weren't really critical, the worst one up to now being Bodahn's dialogue, and there's no major bugs there. But there IS at least one major bug in the last one I just realized is affected by this: cutscene_postcoronation.dlg! When a character with the mage origin asks for the boon of letting the mages be independent, it only works if Anora is the ruler - if Alistair rules, it can't be done. And that bug HAS to be in cutscene_postcoronation.dlg, it could only be caused by the flag not being set when you select the choice in that dialogue, which I can't do anything to modify :sad: That sucks! First real bug in Origins I absolutely cannot fix. Bummed out now :sad:

(Because of this, I may see about adding a regrettably unvoiced line in Alistair's dialogue after this scene that lets you ask for the boon again to set the flag... like just adding a response for circle mage PC's only: 'You'll remember to make the mages independent?" and have Alistair nod. I'll keep an eye out for a convenient "Of course I'll remember" line somewhere along the way as I work on his dialogue.)

Edited by Qwinn

Got a question about Oghren's epilogue and how it relates to Awakenings. Here are the only two possible endings for Oghren in Origins:

If Oghren warm or better:

"Oghren accepted a position as a general in the army of Ferelden, the first dwarf ever promoted so high, and eventually both sobered up and married. When his first son/daughter was born, Oghren held him/her in his arms and wept--and named him/her after the friend who had changed his life so long ago."

If Oghren is less than warm:

"Oghren remained on the surface for a time, adventuring as far as the nearest tavern and gaining a reputation as an occasionally dangerous nuisance. Eventually he left Ferelden, accepting employment with a mercenary company renowned for its supply of fine ales."

The problem is that the first one talks about his getting married, which I'm pretty sure only happens if you complete the Felsi quest successfully. If I change the condition so that Oghren has to be warm AND hooked him up with Felsi successfully for the first ending, and the second ending for all other conditions, will this be fully consistent with Awakenings? Or at least *more* consistent? I know there's a quest in Awakenings that involves Felsi if you hooked them up, and I'm fairly sure there's no indication that he's married if you didn't, so is there any downside I'm not aware of to making the change I'm talking about?

Edited by Qwinn

Adding this to the Brecilian Forest section:

41. (v3.0) Restored an inaccessible epilogue for the post-werewolf humans should Zathrian sacrifice himself to remove the curse.

And here's another bug I can't fix properly because cutscene_postcoronation.dlg isn't viewable: None of the epilogues where an elf becomes the Bann of the alienage can be seen in game. Now, I *think* I might be able to fix that in an alternate way, by creating a new condition that makes them fire - basically, the flag that is used obviously doesn't work, but there are alternate flags I could check for that might make them viewable. There are 4 possibilities according to the epilogue for Bann: the PC, Shianni, Soris or someone else (I think Cyrion). As far as I can tell, you can't actually choose Soris (and that's one I definitely can't fix without access to that dialogue). I think I may be able to trigger the three others to play - it SHOULD work - but I can't verify without at least seeing the post-coronation dialogue, and unfortunately I probably won't be able to test it in game prior to the release of v3.0, as it would require a full run through as a city elf which isn't currently in the plan. Worst comes to worst, I don't think what I'll be doing can make things worse, it just may not work.

Edited by Qwinn

Still not quite done with the Urn quest:

25. (v3.0) When answering the Guardian's question about whether you felt guilt for your actions during the Origin story, if you said no and you had Sten or Shale in the party, then after all your companions gave their interjection for your answering no, it would be immediately followed by all of them giving all the interjections you would have gotten had you answered yes.

26. (v3.0) The ash wraiths that join your party if you have less than 3 followers with you when you approach the bridge puzzle will no longer leave the Gauntlet with you. If you try and they are removed, approach the bridge puzzle again and they will rejoin you if they are still needed.

27. (v3.0) The ash wraiths that join your party if you have less than 3 followers with you when you approach the bridge puzzle can no longer be stripped of the heavy chain mail they are equipped with.

28. (v3.0) You will no longer be drenched in blood and gore during the cutscene where the Guardian informs you that you have been "cleansed" after passing through the fire.

Edited by Qwinn

Okay, I think that about wraps it up for the Urn of Sacred Ashes. Tested everything and it's working. One of the shopkeepers will be there if you taint the ashes, village child's post plot dialogue is restored, the Guard can always be talked to now if you taint the ashes, Genitivi's dialogue in the chantry is WAY less buggy, his codex entry and the overall epilogue are all much better now. Etc. etc. etc.

Landsmeet's coming soon, interspersed with the rest of the companion personal quests! This is where the real work's gonna begin.

Anyone out there still reading this, btw? :/

Edited by Qwinn