Qwinn´s Ultimate DAO Fixpack v3 (no longer beta!)

Katzapult

Only the new merchant has the Greater Tome, so if you want it, you'll have to wipe out the village. Which I wouldn't expect to be a problem for anyone siding with the cultists later and tainting the ashes. Edited by Qwinn

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"9. (v3.0) If you *did* kill the shopkeeper and later side with the Cult, a new shopkeeper was supposed to replace the old one. This new shopkeeper has been restored. This effectively restores the Greater Tome of the Mortal Vessel to the game."

Do you only get new stuff with a new merchant, or does the old merchant have the new stock also?

IIRC, in vanilla, the first Haven shopkeeper (and his stock) vanishes, even if the village doesn't go hostile.

Correct, theskymoves, and definitely a bug. If you side with the cultists and talk to the guard after (if you didnt kill him), he even tells you you can still go to the shop in his sided-with-cult dialoge, but the shopkeeper never gets put back.

The issue is that he gets removed when the town goes hostile, and it ALWAYS goes hostile when you kill Eirik in the Chantry. You can just avoid fighting them by having Genitivi take you to the temple.

Edited by Qwinn

17. (v3.0) The primary camera used during the first dialogue with Kolgrim is placed terribly, behind the player's shoulder, such that if the player uses armor with large shoulder pieces (e.g. Warden Commander's Armor), Kolgrim's face is 90% obscured repeatedly throughout his very long dialogue. Another camera placement when Oghren interjects is poorly placed and has been fixed as well.

Edited by Qwinn

So the stock is similar to the smith in redcliffe... he has to poof for you to get access to the second store.

I had a bug with the guard you first meet when entereing haven. i talked to him until he got pissed off and he said something like "attack!", only he just stood there. I had to leave and come back for the violent villagers to spawn (at which point I think the guard was gone).

"So the stock is similar to the smith in redcliffe... he has to poof for you to get access to the second store."

Hadn't put the two together, but yeah, you're right, very much the same.

"I had a bug with the guard you first meet when entereing haven. i talked to him until he got pissed off and he said something like "attack!", only he just stood there. I had to leave and come back for the violent villagers to spawn (at which point I think the guard was gone)."

From this, I surmise the following: You checked out the altar without Wynne in your party. You then talked to the guard, and said to him "Why are there such strange things in the houses?"

With the altar fix, this will no longer be possible, as doing it without Wynne will still trigger the attack when you leave the home. The only other thing that can trigger that "strange things in the houses" line is finding the knight in the back room of the shop, and since the shopkeeper can see through stealth (grrrrrr) you can't find the knight without killing him and also triggering the alarm. So the altar fix effectively fixes that "bug" too, as you really can't ever see that line. Not sure it's a bug tho (read on).

I *want* to make stealth work and allow you to discover the knight in the back of the shop without alerting the shopkeeper, which would allow that line with the guard to remain usable.

Looking at the guard dialogue, he doesn't say attack. When you tell him what you found in a house (in my version, by stealthing to the back of the shop), he says "I think you have quite outstayed your welcome, friend", and if you talk to him again, he says "Trespasser! Intruder! Sound the alarms!". That's not the same as "Attack!". I think it's consistent enough with 'nothing happens till you leave the area and return'.

Oh, and I don't think the guard disappears during an attack, he's one of the hostiles.

EDIT: Bleah, can't make stealth work so you can find the knight... there'd HAVE to be some way to confront the shopkeeper about the body, but there's no dialogue at all for it. So that's going to have to stay as it is, and the line you used with the guard just won't be obtainable. I think it was just left over from a previous design they were thinking about but wound up discarding, it's only the Wynne bug that allowed us to see it.

Edited by Qwinn

Oh! Here's another:

18. (v3.0) The child that you can speak to when you first visit Haven can now be spoken to after you find the Urn as well (as long as you didn't threaten him the first time).

There's also a note that the child is supposed to follow you around the village giving his occasional ambient line after you've talked to him twice. I think I can make him follow you without being in the party (same command used to make Duncan follow you in the mage origin), but not sure how to trigger ambient lines to trigger every so often, it'd be tricky and probably why they didn't finish that. I'll think on it.

EDIT: Oh, I was wrong - the child has lines for both ways of ending the quest. He'll be back in Haven after you find the urn regardless of what you did with it. Edited the fix description. I don't think I'm going to have the child follow you around though, too many potential problems with it, and too much work for too little gain.

Edited by Qwinn

EDIT: Dear GOD, the Guard was a pain in the ass to figure out. Took me hours and half a dozen wrong implementations before I figured out what's really going on. Here's the end result:

19. (v3.0) The Village Guard had some bizarre logic behind him:

A) Triggered village attack by finding altar or knight in store: Participates in the village attack

B) Triggered village attack by killing Father Eirik and then re-entering main village area before finding the Urn: Doesn't participate in the attack, but later he attacks you all by himself when you return after finding the Urn, whether you tainted the ashes or not

C) Didn't fight the villagers, tainted the ashes: Appropriate, friendly dialogue.

D) Didn't fight the villagers, didn't taint the ashes: Utterly inappropriate dialogue, oblivious to everything that happened, unchanged from when you first arrived, even tells you to go talk to (dead) Father Eirik in the chantry.

I am not changing the conditions upon which he participates in the attack, but if he isn't killed, when you return to Haven after finding the Urn, he will now always attack you if you didn't taint the ashes, and he will always be friendly if you did, even if you killed the rest of the villagers (this may seem odd, but his dialogue in this case actually addresses this - you can ask him: "Why so friendly? I killed many of your fellows, you know.")

Edited by Qwinn

BTW, Aeroldoth, if I could ask a favor (and since you said you're in the area right now), could you please do a quick test and confirm that what I'm saying is accurate about when the Guard participates? I'm pretty sure I'm right, I tested the various possibilities, but honestly from looking at the scripting the guard *shouldn't* be there if you trigger the fight at the bloody altar. His team is deactivated and then he's told to attack. That *should* make him not be there during the attack but fight you later when you return, the same way triggering the attack in the chantry does. Maybe the command to start combat interferes with the command to deactivate, I dunno. For some reason though, when I trigger the fight at the altar (you'll need Wynne in your group to make that work), he shows up and attacks. I've made enough changes around that I'd like confirmation that it's not some *other* change I made that's creating this odd behavior.

Edited by Qwinn

Will take a few days before I get to haven. Thought I had done this already, but turns out that was a different game. So apologies, will be a bit before I can confirm exact dialog and reaction from guard. I just remember it being odd that his dialog seemed to suggest aggression, but he just stood there, not attacking. Once again, praise to you for taking to the time and effort to go through and kill all these bugs that bioware couldn't be bothered with.

It's a time sacrifice on your part and we all appreciate it. Maybe it's the alcohol talking, but hugs to you!

EDIT - I know you already did the Slim Coldry (master tilver) problems, just wanted to point out one more in case you missed it.

After being turned away by the guards, your party appears by the chantry side of the alley. If you have party Hold position, send your PC around by the messenger side, then deactivate Hold so that they run towards you through the guards, the Alert Guard will say he's "had enough of you" in an endless loop, or the Restless Guard will challenge you in an endless loop, depending on how much you've annoyed them.

Edited by aeroldoth