Qwinn´s Ultimate DAO Fixpack v3 (no longer beta!)

Katzapult

bennietoch:

I didn't know you could put up a page for something yet to be released. At this point the documentation is nowhere near close to being a worthwhile readme - that's probably the last thing I'll get done, it's freaking massive - and I'd hate to put up a pre-release readme that isn't really readable. Just check back in like 3 weeks to a month, it's that close now I think.

theskymoves: "."

?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Changing a fix I'm implementing, from this:

3. (v3.0) When Zevran thanks you for freeing him from the Crows, even if you were already in an active romance with him, you'd still get the option to say "I think of you as more than a friend." to which he replies that he had no idea you felt that way.

to this:

3. (v3.0) The entire conversation where Zevran thanks you for freeing him from the Crows ("I did not thank you") will no longer play for those in an active romance. The dialogue for an IN_LOVE Zevran is the one where he gives you his earring. The thank you speech will now only play for those who are Friendly and not in an active romance, as was clearly intended.

And another Zevran fix:

11. (v3.0) Dialogue scripting comments indicate that accepting Zevran's earring after refusing it the first time was supposed to lead to a kiss.

And another fix applying to both Leliana and Morrigan:

43. (v3.0) If the PC arranged to marry Anora before the Landsmeet, but the Landsmeet resulted in a different outcome, Morrigan could still bring up the marriage as if it were still going to happen. Morrigan will now wait until the end of the Landsmeet to be sure that the marriage is definitely going to happen before bringing it up.

25. (v3.0) If the PC arranged to marry Anora before the Landsmeet, but the Landsmeet resulted in a different outcome, Leliana could still bring up the marriage as if it were still going to happen. Leliana will now wait until the end of the Landsmeet to be sure that the marriage is definitely going to happen before bringing it up.

Edited by Qwinn

bennietoch:

I didn't know you could put up a page for something yet to be released. At this point the documentation is nowhere near close to being a worthwhile readme - that's probably the last thing I'll get done, it's freaking massive - and I'd hate to put up a pre-release readme that isn't really readable. Just check back in like 3 weeks to a month, it's that close now I think.

theskymoves: "."

?

@Qwinn - My post was just to point out that it is against the TOS to add a public page for a WIP mod, but I reconsidered the wisdom of sticking my nose in and 'deleted' the comment... there are other participants here with some actual clout and a good deal more veracity than me to do the lifting on that. :smile:

Applicable section of TOS:

Insure you upload a file for your file entry as soon as possible. Do not create "placemarkers" or "Work-in-progress" pages for files that are incomplete or you havent even created yet. If uploading a file will take a long time or youre not ready yet then keep your file set to Hidden until you are ready. Do not deliberately create a file page without uploading any files just to generate hype or interest in your work; it will get you banned (uploading a text document with your ideas will not get around this issue). Do not upload help me with this mod files: such content should be hosted on a third-party download site (e.g. mediafire) and the help request should be posted on the forums in the appropriate section.

Phew, good to know! Thanks! Yes, please feel free to stick your nose in regarding such issues, or any issue really :smile:

These will probably disappoint some, but I really don't see a way around them:

50. (v3.0) Alistair's love epilogue will now only play if he's actually in love, rather than just in an active romance with the player.

51. (v3.0) Alistair's love epilogues at the end of the slideshow will now only play if Alistair isn't king, as he is clearly still primarily a Grey Warden in them and they significantly contradict the beginning of the slideshow if Alistair is king. (Unfortunately, there is no slideshow epilogue for "The Warden stayed in Denerim as King Alistair's mistress.", sorry girls. You have to marry him or not make him king to keep the romance going, apparently.)

Leliana and Zevran's love epilogues don't play for anything less than love, can't see why Alistair's should, especially when they say the word "love" half a dozen times.

And for the second fix, there's no way I can see around the contradictions. He can't rule wisely in Denerim AND travel all over the map with the Warden on lots of adventures, never leaving her side, or go to another continent to help rebuild the Grey Wardens, etc. They also make a reference to Queen Anora without any check that she *is* queen on that line, which indicates to me that they intended to make that check at the beginning of the slide and just forgot to do so.

Edited by Qwinn

Did a LOT more work on a v2.0 fix:

12. (v2.0) Many issues with Alistair/Loghain intermittently knowing and then forgetting about the Dark Ritual, even if they were never told about it, fixed. This was most obvious talking to Alistair at the city gates. (v3.0) This fix has been significantly improved. Even with the fixes in v2.0, it was possible to talk to Alistair/Loghain but change your mind and not ever mention the ritual to them, but they'd still sometimes know about it, especially when talking to either of them after the coronation. They really shouldn't ever know more than you tell them now.

And another post coronation Alistair fix:

52. (v3.0) Talking to Alistair after the coronation, if he is in love, you could ask "And what about Anora?" if his marriage to her was arranged prior to the Landsmeet even if the Landsmeet led to a different outcome.

53. (v3.0) "Rescue the Queen": Corrected the conditions for a bit of dialogue between Howe and a human noble during this quest, depending on what was said when meeting Loghain and Howe at Arl Eamon's Estate.

54. (v3.0) "Rescue the Queen": City Elf Only: It was possible to have the same conversation about your Origin story wedding with your romanced follower when finding Vaughan as you can have with Shianni in the Alienage, and this conversation had most of the same bugs.

55. (v3.0) "Rescue the Queen": Fixed bug that would prevent talking with Vaughan if you clicked on him prior to opening the door to his cell.

56. (v3.0) "Rescue the Queen": Fixed bug that would make Vaughan's reward chest permanently inaccessible, and a freed Vaughan not appear in the palace interior area, if you ever left the dungeon prior to freeing him or getting the key from him.

57. (v3.0) "Rescue the Queen": Fixed bug that would prevent talking with Soris if you clicked on him prior to opening the door to his cell.

58. (v3.0) City Elf only: Fixed bug that would usually prevent being able to choose Soris as the Bann of the Alienage when offered a boon after the coronation, depending on how you opened his cell door.

59. (v3.0) "Unrest in the Alienage": Restored inaccessible Soris's ambient dialogue following completing this quest if resolved in any way except killing Caladrius, and prevents incorrect pre-quest-completion dialogue taking its place.

Edited by Qwinn

After some time playing, yes, Denerim Market lag and crashes seem considerably less frequent. Not gone, unfortunately, but really doesn't seem as bad. Rewording the prior fix to this:

35. (v3.0) Significantly reduced (though unfortunately could not eliminate) the lag and crashes that plagued the Denerim Market District, particularly when loading a save game there.

36. (v3.0) Elf only: Fixed a bug in the Denerim Priests dialogue that could cause the conversation to abort suddenly after asking if elves are mentioned in the Chant.

37. (v3.0) The door to Goldanna's house will no longer reactivate when you leave and return to the market district after speaking to her the first time.

Edited by Qwinn

60. (v3.0) "Rescue the Queen": Simply entering, leaving and reentering the dungeon will no longer cause your disguises to be removed.

61. (v3.0) "Rescue the Queen": Making the first group of guards encountered in the dungeon hostile using AOE spells, thereby avoiding the cutscene that normally removes the party's disguises and restores their equipment, will no longer cause the disguises to become permanent and the party's inventory to be lost forever. The disguises will be removed and the original equipment restored when the first group of guards are all dead.

Edited by Qwinn

These will probably disappoint some, but I really don't see a way around them:

50. (v3.0) Alistair's love epilogue will now only play if he's actually in love, rather than just in an active romance with the player.

51. (v3.0) Alistair's love epilogues at the end of the slideshow will now only play if Alistair isn't king, as he is clearly still primarily a Grey Warden in them and they significantly contradict the beginning of the slideshow if Alistair is king. (Unfortunately, there is no slideshow epilogue for "The Warden stayed in Denerim as King Alistair's mistress.", sorry girls. You have to marry him or not make him king to keep the romance going, apparently.)

Nah, not disappointed by this at all. My playthroughs are like this: Alistair either gets a Warden queen to his king, or he and my Warden go romping around the countryside as Grey Wardens HAHA. :thumbsup:

Edited by mckatsims

Heh okay cool :)

Ok, previously I wanted to make killing guards remove the disguises (as the little tutorial note about disguises indicates SHOULD happen), but I can't do it, at least not without being really invasive. You can cast AOE spells all you want inside the estate, hit the guards with blizzards, cone of colds, etc., and they simply will not agro on you. If you can actually kill them this way, it takes more patience than I have... after hitting a few guards inside with 2 blizzards and 6 consecutive cones of cold, they didn't seem to take any damage and didn't die. And this is on Easy difficulty setting. Killing all of them this way, if even possible, would be ridiculous and I don't see the advantage to doing it.

According to the wiki, consoles don't behave this way - kill the guards outside and your disguises immediately drop. Dunno what happens if you do a AOEs in the estate with disguises on.

It seems like they went to a hell of a lot of trouble to make it work this way. Not sure why, and I tend not to mess with things if I don't know why.

I did still fix the permanent-disguise bug in the dungeons, at least. I guess I'll have to be happy with that.