Qwinn´s Ultimate DAO Fixpack v3 (no longer beta!)

Katzapult

62. (v3.0) "Captured": In the first waiting room, unfortunately, the dialogue that should be there should you use Wynne/Sten or Wynne/Oghren is missing altogether. There will now be no interaction between those pairs in this waiting room if you bring them, which is better than the ugly dialogue glitches that happen without this fix.

Now, what I'll be working on tonight is - hopefully - restoring Shale as a character that can come rescue you during Captured! As far as I can tell, the code is set up to only allow Shale to come if you only have one speaking follower (meaning, anyone but Dog) recruited. I don't see a good reason for that restriction though, and it looks like everything necessary to make Shale as viable as any other character to take through is all there. So I will be testing every other character through with Shale to see that it all works and there's no glitches, and if so, this will be a pretty darn cool restoration for the fixpack, restoring many dozens of lines of dialogue. Wish me luck!

Edited by Qwinn

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, looks like I have some bugs to work out if you're escaping yourself first:

63. (v3.0) "Captured": When escaping by yourself (with or without Alistair), if you put on the disguises prior to collecting your gear from the chest, you'd lose the equipment you had equipped when you were captured forever. Now, if you are disguised and you click on your equipment chest, you'll retain your disguises, and you'll immediately get all of your gear back except your own chest/gloves/boots/helm, which you'll get back when you drop your disguises. In other words, it'll behave exactly as if you had collected the chest and then donned the disguises.

64. (v3.0) "Captured": When you finish this quest, if you had not collected your equipment from the chest, you'd get your equipped inventory back but not the general party inventory. You will get it all back now.

65. (v3.0) "Captured": If you fight your way out, when you encountered party members waiting for you near the exit, they'd speak a single line as a cutscene but the camera would almost always be pointed in the wrong direction. The line will simply be an ambient (stringhead) line now.

Edited by Qwinn

66. (v3.0) "Captured": When talking to Alistair in the prison cell and choosing who will come to rescue you, the second rescuer selected could appear for a brief moment in the prison cell next to you as Alistair spoke his final line. The camera will now close up on Alistair's face during that line to avoid this.

67. (v3.0) "Captured": When electing to be rescued by followers, if you had the second party member selected as the controlled character when you approached the front guards, or during the "let's think of a plan" cutscene in the ballistae room, or when opening the cell door that the player is in, that controlled second party member would be invisible in the cutscene (in the waiting room cutscene for the first one), and the camera would jump to an empty view of somewhere else in the area when that character was supposed to be speaking their lines.

68. (v3.0) "Captured": Shale can now be selected when choosing who will come to rescue you. This restores many dozens of lines of previously inaccessible (and enjoyable) dialogue.

Edited by Qwinn

About "WIP" pages...

bennietoch:

I didn't know you could put up a page for something yet to be released. At this point the documentation is nowhere near close to being a worthwhile readme - that's probably the last thing I'll get done, it's freaking massive - and I'd hate to put up a pre-release readme that isn't really readable. Just check back in like 3 weeks to a month, it's that close now I think.

theskymoves: "."

?

@Qwinn - My post was just to point out that it is against the TOS to add a public page for a WIP mod, but I reconsidered the wisdom of sticking my nose in and 'deleted' the comment... there are other participants here with some actual clout and a good deal more veracity than me to do the lifting on that. :smile:

Applicable section of TOS:

Insure you upload a file for your file entry as soon as possible. Do not create "placemarkers" or "Work-in-progress" pages for files that are incomplete or you havent even created yet. If uploading a file will take a long time or youre not ready yet then keep your file set to Hidden until you are ready. Do not deliberately create a file page without uploading any files just to generate hype or interest in your work; it will get you banned (uploading a text document with your ideas will not get around this issue). Do not upload help me with this mod files: such content should be hosted on a third-party download site (e.g. mediafire) and the help request should be posted on the forums in the appropriate section.

Phew, good to know! Thanks! Yes, please feel free to stick your nose in regarding such issues, or any issue really :smile:

These will probably disappoint some, but I really don't see a way around them:

50. (v3.0) Alistair's love epilogue will now only play if he's actually in love, rather than just in an active romance with the player.

51. (v3.0) Alistair's love epilogues at the end of the slideshow will now only play if Alistair isn't king, as he is clearly still primarily a Grey Warden in them and they significantly contradict the beginning of the slideshow if Alistair is king. (Unfortunately, there is no slideshow epilogue for "The Warden stayed in Denerim as King Alistair's mistress.", sorry girls. You have to marry him or not make him king to keep the romance going, apparently.)

Leliana and Zevran's love epilogues don't play for anything less than love, can't see why Alistair's should, especially when they say the word "love" half a dozen times.

And for the second fix, there's no way I can see around the contradictions. He can't rule wisely in Denerim AND travel all over the map with the Warden on lots of adventures, never leaving her side, or go to another continent to help rebuild the Grey Wardens, etc. They also make a reference to Queen Anora without any check that she *is* queen on that line, which indicates to me that they intended to make that check at the beginning of the slide and just forgot to do so.

The prohibition on creating pages for things that don't yet exist applies to the FILES area, not the forums. The section of the ToS that tsm quoted above is found under "Uploading files and images", not "Commenting and forum posting rules".

Dark0ne doesn't want the Files area cluttered with things that look like mods but in fact are simply adverts for ones that all too often never actually come to exist. The FORUMS, on the other hand, are for discussions (such as this one!) about anything and everything related to mods and gaming. :thumbsup:

About "WIP" pages...

bennietoch:

I didn't know you could put up a page for something yet to be released. At this point the documentation is nowhere near close to being a worthwhile readme - that's probably the last thing I'll get done, it's freaking massive - and I'd hate to put up a pre-release readme that isn't really readable. Just check back in like 3 weeks to a month, it's that close now I think.

theskymoves: "."

?

@Qwinn - My post was just to point out that it is against the TOS to add a public page for a WIP mod, but I reconsidered the wisdom of sticking my nose in and 'deleted' the comment... there are other participants here with some actual clout and a good deal more veracity than me to do the lifting on that. :smile:

Applicable section of TOS:

Insure you upload a file for your file entry as soon as possible. Do not create "placemarkers" or "Work-in-progress" pages for files that are incomplete or you havent even created yet. If uploading a file will take a long time or youre not ready yet then keep your file set to Hidden until you are ready. Do not deliberately create a file page without uploading any files just to generate hype or interest in your work; it will get you banned (uploading a text document with your ideas will not get around this issue). Do not upload help me with this mod files: such content should be hosted on a third-party download site (e.g. mediafire) and the help request should be posted on the forums in the appropriate section.

Phew, good to know! Thanks! Yes, please feel free to stick your nose in regarding such issues, or any issue really :smile:

These will probably disappoint some, but I really don't see a way around them:

50. (v3.0) Alistair's love epilogue will now only play if he's actually in love, rather than just in an active romance with the player.

51. (v3.0) Alistair's love epilogues at the end of the slideshow will now only play if Alistair isn't king, as he is clearly still primarily a Grey Warden in them and they significantly contradict the beginning of the slideshow if Alistair is king. (Unfortunately, there is no slideshow epilogue for "The Warden stayed in Denerim as King Alistair's mistress.", sorry girls. You have to marry him or not make him king to keep the romance going, apparently.)

Leliana and Zevran's love epilogues don't play for anything less than love, can't see why Alistair's should, especially when they say the word "love" half a dozen times.

And for the second fix, there's no way I can see around the contradictions. He can't rule wisely in Denerim AND travel all over the map with the Warden on lots of adventures, never leaving her side, or go to another continent to help rebuild the Grey Wardens, etc. They also make a reference to Queen Anora without any check that she *is* queen on that line, which indicates to me that they intended to make that check at the beginning of the slide and just forgot to do so.

The prohibition on creating pages for things that don't yet exist applies to the FILES area, not the forums. The section of the ToS that tsm quoted above is found under "Uploading files and images", not "Commenting and forum posting rules".

Dark0ne doesn't want the Files area cluttered with things that look like mods but in fact are simply adverts for ones that all too often never actually come to exist. The FORUMS, on the other hand, are for discussions (such as this one!) about anything and everything related to mods and gaming. :thumbsup:

How embarrassing...

I thought the request ('Could you make a page on the nexus for this pack? I would like to follow it so I stay up to date and don't miss the release.. Don't really frequent these forums that much.') was about the Files area (and not the Forums), and thus I referenced that section of the TOS.

My apologies to all. (On the other hand, my instinct that I should STFU has been validated!)

Don't worry, sky, I read the request the same way - and honestly, still do. I think what you posted was applicable to the request. Besides, there's already a forum thread about my project - this one! (Though I will make a fresh one for release, of course). Is there some other forum mechanism I'm not using that can be "followed"? Edited by Qwinn

Hey Qwinn

I haven't been able to keep up with this forum due to work. I love reading all these fixes that'll be in. And I've renamed the Planescape fixpack file I keep to Qwinn's Fixpack ;).

Anyway I saw a few pages ago that you said that you're trying not to overlap your mod with the rule fixes mod. So do you recommend that we use that mod with yours? I know some of the fixes in that mod have issues (one of them has some barrel issue in Darkspawn Chronicles) so I only use a few of the fixes. Are you not going to implement those fixes and would the only way to get those fixes would be to continue using the rules mod?

Thanks again!

Hiya squareinc,

I haven't used any rules fixpacks so I can't speak to them, but yes, I am avoiding doing anything that should overlap with them so you can hopefully choose whichever you prefer. If you want those sort of fixes, you'll need a separate mod. I don't currently have any plans to do that sort of fixpack as it appears to me that the existing mods are relativelt comprehensive and I couldn't add a whole lot, but even if I were to do it, I would do it as a separate mod.

Edited by Qwinn

69. (v3.0) "Captured": If fighting your way out rather than waiting for rescue or using disguises, when you open the last door on the way to the exit, you are met by two of your followers (usually Leliana and Morrigan) who are immediately added to the party and help you against the ensuing final attack. Another way to trigger this is to get very close to Sister Augustine if you make a left before opening that door. When you get close, she screams and runs, opening the previously mentioned door and adding the 2 followers to your party instantly. The problem is that you'd have to get so close to Sister Augustine to trigger this that you'd be far enough away from where your 2 followers were near the front exit that they'd often be instantly teleported right next to you, appearing out of thin air, which is rather bizarre and confusing if you don't know what's going on. Sister Augustine will now trigger this chain of events when the player is significantly closer to the front exit, which should prevent the awkward teleportation issue.

70. (v3.0) "Captured": It is possible to acquire two front hall keys while escaping, and only one was removed at the end. Both will be removed now.

And with that, I think I'm done with Captured. On to Unrest in the Alienage! (which I've already done a few fixes for, so hopefully I can get through it quickly).

Edited by Qwinn

Actually have a few subquests to do first, before I proceed.

71. (v3.0) "Tortured Noble": Turning down the gold reward for this quest also cost you any experience reward. You will now get the experience reward regardless of what material reward you request.