Qwinn´s Ultimate DAO Fixpack v3 (no longer beta!)

Katzapult

Um. Well. Mystery solved. Looks like Spellhold Studios, which hosted my mods, at some point took my name off the forum boards for my mods, and just renamed it "PS:T Fixpack" (and "PS:T Unfinished Business" and "PS:T Tweak Pack" there.

So they apparently just sprang out of the ether.

And the link to the readme of my Fixpack doesn't work anymore.

That... is kinda annoying. But for employment purposes, better to have my real name in the credits than my pseudonym, so not gonna complain.

Edited by Qwinn

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Side quest section:

21. (v3.0) Fixed non-existent lip synching on one of the lines spoken by the Mage Collective reward givers when turning in a quest.

Redacted this fix:

6 (v3.0) Related to fix 25 (Sten's dialogue), the only area trigger for Sten's dialogue about mages, on the first level of the Circle Tower near the barred doors, is poorly placed and easily missed. I've moved the trigger so that you can't get through the doors without hitting it anymore.

Decided it wasn't worth doing. The trigger isn't *that* badly placed.... yeah, it's possible to get around it, but just didn't seem like enough to warrant modifying an area file, if there's no other reason to do so and at this late date, there isn't..

Also redacted:

2. (v2.0) REDACTED: Damage from the Chain Lightning spell will now scale by the caster's spellpower - it was previously the only primal spell that did not do so. HOW: In spell_chainlightning.nss, change // Spellscript Impact Damage and Effects to: DamageCreature(oTarget, oCaster, ((20.0 + (GetCreatureSpellPower(oCaster) * 0.2)) /(nCount+1)) , DAMAGE_TYPE_ELECTRICITY);

This was from v2.0. As I've said a few times, I am gunning for no conflicts with rules/combat fix mods. This is the only fix I had that might conflict with them, so taking it out.

Edited by Qwinn

Huge number of epilogue fixes (this isn't all I've found, just the ones fixed so far):

35. (v3.0) Talking with Alistair after the coronation, restored an inaccessible line meant for Alistairs who broke up with the player while he was in love with them.

36. (v3.0) Talking with Alistair after the coronation, a human noble female marrying him without being in a romance would get his neutral/hostile dialogue ("We're not exactly friends") even if he was at warm or friendly.

37. (v3.0) Restored the City Elf epilogue slides should the player choose themselves, Shianni or Soris as the new Bann of the alienage.

38. (v3.0) In the ending slideshow, you'd get Wynne's Warm epilogue if her approval was greater than 3. Warm requires 26 approval.

39. (v3.0) In the ending slideshow, restored the slides for the fate of Connor and Isolde that would not play if Arl Eamon remained in Denerim to advise Alistair.

40. (v3.0) If the PC becomes king, the ending slideshow states that Arl Eamon remained in Denerim to advise King Alistair.

41. (v3.0) If Alistair became king but left the party because Loghain lived, Arl Eamon would fail to stay in Denerim to advise him.

(and there's soooo many more coming)

Edited by Qwinn

Side quests:

22. (v3.0) "Unbound": Completing this quest will no longer disable the "Dirty Back Alley" city map location, which could interfere with the completion of "Blood of Warning" and "Notices of Death".

Landsmeet/Climax/Epilogue:

42. (v3.0) Alistair will no longer appear at the coronation if Anora had him executed.

General question to everyone: Is there any reason ever given for why Alistair doesn't show at the coronation if he wasn't made king and wasn't present at the final battle? Cause he doesn't, and it's done on purpose apparently, but the only reason I can see is that the dialogue he has for the epilogue if he isn't king and *is* at the final battle is *slightly* off in the very first line if he wasn't actually there... but it's also easily fixed with a little light soundwork. After that first line (and even that isn't that bad), the rest of his dialogue seems perfectly appropriate even if he wasn't there for the final battle. If there's a story related reason as to his not being there in that circumstance, I'll leave it, but if there isn't (and no reason is given at the City Gates dialogue if you're leaving him behind), I'm inclined to put him back as it just kinda seems like an "oops, we didn't record a single line of dialogue for this eventuality, so cut him altogether" decision. For the record, the DA Wiki lists his not being there in that circumstance as a bug.

Edited by Qwinn

bennietoch: Welcome to the thread. And yup, that's the plan.

Actually, looking at those first lines, they don't even really need replacing. They're fine as is. Can't see any reason an Alistair who stayed at the City Gates shouldn't say them.

Had to rewrite a few of the fixes, as the Eamon problems also extended to his dialogue post coronation. Here's all the Alistair and Eamon epilogue changes again:

40. (v3.0) If the PC becomes king, in dialogue with Arl Eamon after the coronation and in the ending slideshow, Arl Eamon remains in Denerim to advise King Alistair.

41. (v3.0) Arl Eamon would only appear at the funeral or coronation if Alistair was made king (potentially meaning Connor attends the funeral by himself!). He will always appear now.

(v3.0) If Alistair was not made king and was not present at the final battle, he would not appear at the funeral or coronation. But if he was executed by Anora, he would! He will always appear now if he wasn't killed and he didn't leave forever at the Landsmeet.

43. (v3.0) In Eamon's dialogue after the coronation and in the ending slideshow, if Alistair became king but left the party because Loghain lived, Arl Eamon would fail to stay in Denerim to advise him.

44. (v3.0) Speaking with Arl Eamon after the coronation, if the PC killed Connor, Eamon would speak as if both Isolde and Connor were dead, If Isolde killed Connor, Eamon would speak as if both Isolde and Connor were alive.

Edited by Qwinn

For the Redcliffe section:

41. (v3.0) If you intimidated the Fade Demon twice such that she agreed to free Connor and give you something extra as well in exchange for just letting her escape, the flag that you accepted her offer to repossess Connor at a later date was still being set. Although the epilogue for Connor would still play correctly in Origins, I have changed it so that the flag is not set so that it does not potentially create problems in games imported into the sequels.

Back to the epilogue:

45. (v3.0) Speaking with Arl Eamon after the coronation, a line that was only meant to play if you allowed the Fade demon to keep her link to Connor would always show for everyone.

46. (v3.0) Talking to Leliana after the coronation, a line for wardens that was only supposed to play if Leliana was at ADORE or higher instead played for female wardens romancing Leliana at any approval rating, and male wardens even if they weren't romancing her at all.

47. (v3.0) Talking to Leliana after the coronation, a line she was meant to say at hostile or neutral was only playing if she was hostile.

47. (v3.0) Talking to Fergus after the coronation, a response that was supposed to show if the player was to marry King Alistair has been restored.

48. (v3.0) Talking to Oghren after the coronation, a line meant to show at neutral or hostile was only showing for warm or better.

49. (v3.0) Talking to Sten after the coronation, two lines meant to show at neutral or hostile were only showing for hostile.

Edited by Qwinn