SkyUI 2.2 Works with the SSE

Dracula420

There was a mod by Seansri that was released which helped clear up the SkuUI 2.2 issues, but it was quickly banned. Given the indefinite delay of SKSE64 and the even longer delay of a new SkyUI, I wonder if removing it was not a colossal disservice to SE users at the Nexus.

There was a mod by Seansri that was released which helped clear up the SkuUI 2.2 issues, but it was quickly banned. Given the indefinite delay of SKSE64 and the even longer delay of a new SkyUI, I wonder if removing it was not a colossal disservice to SE users at the Nexus.

My Better Container Controls mod has a set of scripts (and instructions for applying them) in the optional files section to fix all of the issues for SkyUI 2.2 that I can before SKSE64 is released. Applying the scripts is really just a matter of "copy and paste" using the JPEXS ActionScript Decompiler but I only provide the modified scripts instead of working copies of the .swf files since the SkyUI team doesn't want anyone posting working SWF files.

The process is the one Fhaarkas described in his reddit post (and was posted in this thread back in November) except you don't have to do anything except copy and paste my script code into each of the .swf files.

Cdcooley, I guess that mod by Seansri was taking those scripts and putting them into the working .sfw files you described. Using the JPEXS ActionScript Decompiler to add scripts seems a bit much for the average user to get a mod to be functional. Leaving Seansri's mod for user download could have been a good stop gap measure until the release of SkyUI SE.

Yes, a pre-built version of the files would be nice, but that's not one of the available options at this point. As far as I can tell plenty of people have used that program to disable the SKSE warning box using the instructions Fhaarkas posted. Copying and pasting a script isn't any harder.

Anyone unwilling or unable to follow a few simple steps to patch up the .swf files themselves will simply have to stick with the original game interface, use QD inventory, use my mod, or make do with a broken SkyUI 2.2 until an official release of SkyUI is available for SE.

There is a modified version of SKyUI 2.2 going around & it has few changes to make it more suitable for SE. Also it comes with that warning message removed. If it's too difficult for someone to follow that simple steps to remove SKSE warning box, they can google for the modified version. It's not available on Nexus. (maybe due to copyright issues. I honestly don't know).

@Dracula420 this is amazing news, thanks. I couldn't even play with the default menu system

I second that sentiment. I can verify that it works wonderfully. I installed 2.2. Went to you tube to find the fix for the warning message, copied and pasted and went into the game. Forgot how much better the game looked with SkyUI. Many thanks.

Edited by gaultjohn