How to convert textures from DX9 to DX11? SSE

Eferas

So, it was said texture mods from the 32bit game needs to be adjusted in order to work properly into the 64bit, but how? What kind of change needs to be done? I would like to start converting some textures, if possible.

Nothing needs to be done in theory. In practice, who knows. I got a message on Reddit from someone poking at the Skyrim 2K HD mod and wondering why some of the textures have a binding shine on them that doesn't happen in Classic Skyrim. They all still use the normal DXT1/3/5 formats but something in some of these texture packs must be doing something SSE's engine handles differently than before.

I tried also the book of silence and it looked so bad I had to switch back to vanilla. I'm not sure you get how bad the situation is, I choosed VANILLA over the damn book of silence. O_O

So, it was said texture mods from the 32bit game needs to be adjusted in order to work properly into the 64bit, but how? What kind of change needs to be done? I would like to start converting some textures, if possible.

no, textures will work no matter what, regardless of the app being 32 or 64, there is not such thing as having to convert textures because the engine is for a different architecture. what matters are the shaders (or "materials" if you will, which we are unable to change). but I seriously doubt the shaders have anything wrong, otherwise we would see problems all over with some pattern (for example, if there was a problem with the Face Tint shader, we would see every characters affected, regardless of the texture). I havent really played, just launched the game and checked some things, but I havent seen anything weird at first glance. At most, some issues could be being caused by meshes, Bethesda made changes on them, so any fix should be done on that level or on shaders, not on textures, unless they unwillingly screwed up the texture ofc, which I doubt.

Also, would suggest doing video card drivers update, cant hurt.

The specularity issue with modded textures for exterior landscapes is really confounding. At first I thought it was because they had changed the way specular maps are stored and/or read, but looking at SSE's landscape textures they work exactly the same as they always did with the specular sitting inside the normal's alpha layer. If someone figures out why this is happening, please share.

Guys , as far as my knowledge goes, there is no difference in textures between dx 9 11 0r even 12 , what changes are actual shaders featured or not in the engine that make use of the new libraries in those direct x.

Now if they added PBR thismight change some stuff like if for example they altered the way metals look then the textures of metals might look more dull if they do not have the proper maps like albedo , roughness , metallness etc instead of using the usual diffuse, normal and specular . Most are the same though as Albedo would be diffuse , normal would still be normal , what mostly would change is the reflectiveness that would be specific to metallness and roughness by material rather than all backed into the diffuse and in the specular.

But so far I read no information of sort if PBR is supported , because if it is then we coul dmake much more realistic materials.

Someone on another thread apparently fixed their shiny landscape texture issue by deleting the normal map...so they must have moved specular and possibly other maps into that. Some textures will need to be partially redone it seems.

Comment was here: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/4990870-fix-anyone-who-gets-shiny-landscape-textures/