ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Skyrim SE 64bit

stebo104

Everyone that is QQ'n about how bad Skyrim SE is, you all need to remove ALL your mods (if not do a fresh install and don't touch with tes5edit) and play vanilla Skyrim once again (oh and remove skse/enb from Skyrim folder also). That is what Skyrim SE is like atm, give it time and you'll be on Skyrim SE all the time and just dump 2011 Skyrim. Reason I say this is Skyrim SE is 64bit so mod authors will be able to do SOO much more (not to mention the base graphics are a little better then vanilla skyrim's).

Not saying it's bad, but there is certainly a whole lot of room for improvement, just like there was for Skyrim back in 2011; and now look at it. The problem is, in this world of instant gratification that we live in, a lot of people instantly jump to comparing it to their existing modded-to-the-gills Skyrim and (not surprisingly) find it wanting. Yeah, the vanilla textures suck, but soon enough somebody will either port Skyrim2K/AMidianborn/SMIM/etc. over or create a whole new texture set, then SKSE will be updated, and then we'll be back to where we were, except we won't be throttled at 3.5GB of RAM anymore.

Who is saying that SE is bad? Anyone who actually has it?

Rock, Paper, Shotgun compared it wiping a toilet seat (On Steam page). PCgamesN called it "Failed"

http://www.pcgamesn.com/skyrim-special-edition-2016/skyrim-special-edition-pc-port-review-mods

I just hope they fix it! So much for we do not need to release early copies for review. lol

@stebo104,

FYI, I play an unmodded Skyrim every few months because I am one of the very few people who appreciate and remember that unmodded Skyrim won over 200 game-of-the-year awards back in 2011 on 3 different platforms. People today act like Skyrim was a completely unplayable piece of garbage before modders came along, and that is flat-out, demonstrably untrue. Skyrim is very good game without a single mod.

That said, the SE does nothing to add to the vanilla game experience FOR ME, other than a massive FPS hit caused by extremely unoptimized textures, along with those stupid god rays and field of depth blur that make it look like you have glaucoma. Add this to the poor audio quality (which I understand is being addressed, but that doesn't change the fact that a "special edition" was launched with a significant audio downgrade), and copious crashes to desktop FOR ME, which completely negates any advantages of what they tout as an optimized engine, all leave me feeling like the special edition isn't very special at all. But, it was free, so I'm standing by for fanbois to tell me to shut up and be grateful. My biggest concern is that authors won't develop or update mods for the original game moving forward.

Please note I capitalized FOR ME because I know many of you are running the SE just fine and are very pleased with it. Good for you. I can't and I'm not. And I'm not going to run out and upgrade hardware just to play a game I can already play just fine without glaucoma and without copious CTDs.

@stebo104,

FYI, I play an unmodded Skyrim every few months because I am one of the very few people who appreciate and remember that unmodded Skyrim won over 200 game-of-the-year awards back in 2011 on 3 different platforms. People today act like Skyrim was a completely unplayable piece of garbage before modders came along, and that is flat-out, demonstrably untrue. Skyrim is very good game without a single mod.

That said, the SE does nothing to add to the vanilla game experience FOR ME, other than a massive FPS hit caused by extremely unoptimized textures, along with those stupid god rays and field of depth blur that make it look like you have glaucoma. Add this to the poor audio quality (which I understand is being addressed, but that doesn't change the fact that a "special edition" was launched with a significant audio downgrade), and copious crashes to desktop FOR ME, which completely negates any advantages of what they tout as an optimized engine, all leave me feeling like the special edition isn't very special at all. But, it was free, so I'm standing by for fanbois to tell me to shut up and be grateful. My biggest concern is that authors won't develop or update mods for the original game moving forward.

Please note I capitalized FOR ME because I know many of you are running the SE just fine and are very pleased with it. Good for you. I can't and I'm not. And I'm not going to run out and upgrade hardware just to play a game I can already play just fine without glaucoma and without copious CTDs.

I run it on max and it does not push my system hard. I get frame tear when i move around to fast. Dialogue that should be there automatic does not initiate unless I force it. Quest markers do not show up at times. I know the map like the back of my hand so when it says go to a location I know where that is. New players could have an issue. Start the game from steam console overlay worked fine with FPS in bottom right corner. Shut it down and used the icon on desktop and no overlay. Froze during combat and would not let me access task manager. Had to reboot system to clear it. I hope they fix it and the amount of negative publicity may force them to do something.

you all need to remove ALL your mods and play vanilla Skyrim once again (oh and remove skse/enb from Skyrim folder also). That is what Skyrim SE is like atm, give it time and you'll be on Skyrim SE all the time and just dump 2011 Skyrim..

It's not 2011 anymore, they made a new game and I think it's reasonable for us to expect it to perform better than the one they released back then.